Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: DQ Kid] #6103430 12/27/15 04:00 AM
G
GuideAndOutfitter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Wilderness, you have to understand that large style hunting clubs have failed quite miserably here in TX in the past. I believe STX mentioned the Sportmans named one from the 1980s; my Dad had also mentioned one to me from the early 1970s also named Sportsmans something or the other. It was centered in deep South Texas, Webb county area outside of Laredo and leased several large prime ranches at the time. He indicated that it took on many members, maybe even in the thousands and by the time its 3-4 year run was over had basically "shot out" several large ranches and many surrounding properties. A lot of persons down that way will tell you that it started the HF reaction in many areas subsequent to it. Again, just giving you some perspective from a Texan's point of view. Again, good luck to you sir!

DQ Kid,

I appreciate the continued insight. It is important to know where clubs have succeeded and failed. Many companies have started out with the best of intentions and superb plans; but have failed for any number of reasons. That's where I feel WHC is different and can succeed.

Once again, thank you for the insight and the "good luck"!

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: stxranchman] #6103458 12/27/15 04:12 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: WildernessHuntingClub
Who pays the annual taxes on the land holdings? Who pays increase in annual taxes on the land? Who pays for road maintenance? Who pays for fencing and repairs on fences? Who pays for utilities on properties? Who pays to clean up the properties after each season? Who runs security on property to keep the locals and poachers off them? 18 people per very small acreage property is a recipe for disaster. This is no more than a time-share hunting lease the way I see it. 18 people all with expectations of a bag limit when hunting in the same small area will deplete the resource after a short period of time. 18 people who have never met each other or know what the experience of hunter in camp is not a situation I want to be around.

stxranchman,

Thanks for the comment and sharing your opinion. To answer your questions, those fees are already "assumed" within the annual membership.

A "time-share" doesn't provide the same incentives that have been discussed.

For some reason you seem to be basing your property view off of small acreage, and I'm not sure why. Each property that the Members consider for purchase will have additional access to a minimum of 2500 acres. In Colorado, 640 acres is 1 mile squared; hence 1 mile by 1 mile by 1 mile by 1 mile. 2500 acres is just short of 4 miles squared of property; that is not a small amount of property. Most hunters hunt within a 1/2 mile of their camp.

You raise a valid point with hunters not knowing how other hunters are going to be in camp, etc. That's why rules will be established, etc. However, when I was putting the ideas for the club together, my opinion is that potential Members will seek the advice of their hunting buddies and make a decision together; hence, you're not going to have 18 unknowns. It is my opinion that only 18 Members are necessary, and out of the original 18, word of mouth referrals will result in the remaining memberships being filled.

Lets consider for a moment that we reach our goal of having 18 hunters on a property (total, for the entire year). We now have to consider that some Members are going to be Bow hunters, some Muzzleloader, and some will hunt 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rifle seasons. Let's make the assumption that the number of hunters are equal during each season; that would mean there's only 3 hunters on the property per season. There's always going to be a solution to any problems we may encounter.

Thanks again for commenting and sharing your opinion.

One square mile of land is the same in Texas as it is in Colorado. hammer It is not about how many acres per hunter but how much game that square mile of land can support. If those 4 square miles will only support 20 animals then how many years can 18 hunters hunt that 4 square miles till they have shot all the animals that live on it? If you own only small acreage but have access to other land then it must be public land. How many other public land hunters will be hunting the same properties at the same time your hunt club is hunting it? Again, this is all about numbers. Numbers of hunters per property. Numbers of acres per hunter. Amount of game animals per property. Can each property support 18 hunters killing 18 animals per year every year from now on? Have you done any habitat evaluation or game surveys to see what numbers are? Nothing like raping the resource to line the pockets of the people in the office with money. That is money the founding fathers get whether the members ever see an animal to hunt or not. WHC, what is your background? Are you a hunter? Do you own any land yourself? Will you get to hunt for free on all the properties? How many extra hunters will have free access to the land besides the 180 paying members? Do you have a staff biologist on hand to survey and set bag limits? Will you shut off hunting when harvest quotas are reached? I see that taxes and insurance are additional annual charges, correct? Are you planning on land values staying the same for ever and taxes not increasing? Will you raise the annual fees per member next year? And the next year again to cover administrative costs and raises to founding fathers..I mean administration costs? If a member buys is spot, how many people are allowed to hunt of his spot? Who pays for the maintenance of land, fences, roads, etc? If this venture fails and land is sold do the paying "fractional owners" get their money back?????

stxranchman,

I'm fully aware that 640 acres is the same all over the US......If you go back and review each post (from the beginning), you will discover that all of your questions have already been answered.

Thanks again for commenting.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: Mike Honcho] #6103510 12/27/15 04:43 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: jorge
If you own a fractional share why couldnt you sell it for say $100k after x number of years after improvements and such. Why would i only get 18k back? That doesnt sound like true ownership. Maybe i am misunderstanding. Please clarify.

Also, please break down $324k admin fee? What is the breakdown. The Admin fee is sounding like its being treated like G&A in accounting. its a blanket thing when running a business and very broad and open ended. What exactly is the breakdown, i.e. what is your salary for managing. I would think that since members are owners and you and your company are ssentially being paid like a consultant, that admin fee should be clear as day.

jorge,

Thank you for the questions and comments. Please be sure to read every post from the beginning, because I've already answered your questions.

You can sell a property at a profit, but not your membership; without an amendment to the operational agreement and approval of all members.

Regarding being paid like a consultant, that would only be applicable if a group of individuals formed their own club and sought another group to manage it. The difference here is that this is classified as "intellectual property" of which I own the copyright on my club and it's foundational structure. Meaning, if I wanted to use all $324,000 as my salary, I could. However, as I've already mentioned, member benefits take precedence over admin costs, and buying additional property from the annual fees (which are added to the member's portfolio) is a priority.

Thanks again for the comments and questions.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6103570 12/27/15 05:52 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I have read through but its not crystal clear to me. There are a lot of moving pieces that have legal issues inherently attached to them.

So what would happen in this situation? Lets say you present a prime spot to members and in all respects "THE" place.

Scenario:

Say only 70% want to buy because of lets say $1.2MM price tag and the delta is to much for 30% of members (admin fund is what im calling it currently,since it is discretionary) so only a portion of owners want to move on it. The timetable is is middle of last quarter, november, and people are trying to get ducks in order. How would this be handled? I see it going down several ways and one would give me great pause. A.) The monies would rollover and be applied toward purchase. At this point what amount is your salary? Now with that said what would happen to the 30% that didn't want to move? Would they not have title to land or would they be allowed to hunt? B.) The entire amount of admin fund goes to your pocket. This isnt a malicious statement, but it is discretionary. This is the one that gives me great pause. Ive read through the posts and you having 100% control of admin monies is a little troubling for me and i think most. If you said you get "x" amount as a salary/fee and remainder goes to improvements, additional land, etc thats one thing, but sole discretion im not sure many would be comfortable with that. I wouldnt be. "Member benefits take discretion" but to what extent and i think the grey area in that statement makes for an uphill battle in this crowd. I am very familiar with 2 hunting clubs in colorado The Bluffs and Valhalla, and i love the concept of hunting clubs. Imo it sounds like this is more of you being a lease master with a paycheck, and a very large one at that. Thats a very uncommon practice here in texas. Im not against having a business. I would say 100% agreement for how money to be spent is a must in this situation and i dont see how everytime and every situation this will occur.

Last edited by jorge; 12/27/15 05:58 AM.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6103573 12/27/15 05:56 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Also, if i own an interest in the land i have a title. So are all these properties already partitioned and meets and bounds established? It would be a legal nightmare to sell an interest without a partition deed in this scenario.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6103575 12/27/15 06:02 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Fwiw, i wanted to start an upland club where one of our ranches is in south texas and basicalky emulate russel's valhalla, but for whatever reason, they just dont catch on very well in texas. Only part i know of that has had minimal success is east texas that borders Louisiana, and that's because its common practice there.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6103619 12/27/15 11:38 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: tlk
[quote=tlk]I have to respond to your statement about managing and handling 18 hunters. I have managed and been the least boss for eight years on a ranch in South Texas. We have 12 total hunters Who all live fairly close to the hunting area. I personally approve any member who comes on. I am also physically at the ranch much of the time. Even with that it is a pretty regular job keeping everything running smoothly. And we are pretty tight group. I am afraid you may be underestimating the effort and energy it will take to try to manage a 18 different hunters. Good luck with that. Just my opinion from years of experience

tlk,

Thanks again for commenting. I appreciate the insight regarding your experiences. While I'm confident in my abilities and those of the staff I've already assembled, I gladly take your concerns under advisement.

Thanks again for sharing. [/quot. With all due respect, get back to me in one year and let me know how it is working for you. Not raining on your parade but I am afraid you are totally unaware of what you are getting into. And if you are not experienced in this process should you be taking other peoples $$$ to see if you can make it work? To those reading this - proceed with caution. The more I read the more skeptical I become.

tlk,

Once again, I appreciate your comments and concerns. I'm fully aware of what's at stake, and what's needed for the club to be viable & successful. I understand the concerns that have been relayed; and it's important for anyone considering this opportunity or any similar to proceed with caution and due diligence. If an individual has any doubts, then they shouldn't move forward with becoming a member.

What are you skeptical about?
. For starters I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. Too many variables and not enough specifics. This is similar to selling an investment which requires a prospectus that puts in detail how things will operate and outlines who gets paid what. Also the acreage is too sketchy. Name me two similar clubs that operate in a a similar manner that have been around more than five years. You have, by your own admission, tried this before and it failed. Those are just a few of my reasons to be skeptical. Again come on this forum one year from now and report where this business is and then I may not be as skeptical.

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6103733 12/27/15 02:06 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Who pays the annual taxes on the land holdings? Who pays increase in annual taxes on the land? Who pays for road maintenance? Who pays for fencing and repairs on fences? Who pays for utilities on properties? Who pays to clean up the properties after each season? Who runs security on property to keep the locals and poachers off them? 18 people per very small acreage property is a recipe for disaster. This is no more than a time-share hunting lease the way I see it. 18 people all with expectations of a bag limit when hunting in the same small area will deplete the resource after a short period of time. 18 people who have never met each other or know what the experience of hunter in camp is not a situation I want to be around.

stxranchman,

Thanks for the comment and sharing your opinion. To answer your questions, those fees are already "assumed" within the annual membership.

A "time-share" doesn't provide the same incentives that have been discussed.

For some reason you seem to be basing your property view off of small acreage, and I'm not sure why. Each property that the Members consider for purchase will have additional access to a minimum of 2500 acres. In Colorado, 640 acres is 1 mile squared; hence 1 mile by 1 mile by 1 mile by 1 mile. 2500 acres is just short of 4 miles squared of property; that is not a small amount of property. Most hunters hunt within a 1/2 mile of their camp.

You raise a valid point with hunters not knowing how other hunters are going to be in camp, etc. That's why rules will be established, etc. However, when I was putting the ideas for the club together, my opinion is that potential Members will seek the advice of their hunting buddies and make a decision together; hence, you're not going to have 18 unknowns. It is my opinion that only 18 Members are necessary, and out of the original 18, word of mouth referrals will result in the remaining memberships being filled.

Lets consider for a moment that we reach our goal of having 18 hunters on a property (total, for the entire year). We now have to consider that some Members are going to be Bow hunters, some Muzzleloader, and some will hunt 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rifle seasons. Let's make the assumption that the number of hunters are equal during each season; that would mean there's only 3 hunters on the property per season. There's always going to be a solution to any problems we may encounter.

Thanks again for commenting and sharing your opinion.

One square mile of land is the same in Texas as it is in Colorado. hammer It is not about how many acres per hunter but how much game that square mile of land can support. If those 4 square miles will only support 20 animals then how many years can 18 hunters hunt that 4 square miles till they have shot all the animals that live on it? If you own only small acreage but have access to other land then it must be public land. How many other public land hunters will be hunting the same properties at the same time your hunt club is hunting it? Again, this is all about numbers. Numbers of hunters per property. Numbers of acres per hunter. Amount of game animals per property. Can each property support 18 hunters killing 18 animals per year every year from now on? Have you done any habitat evaluation or game surveys to see what numbers are? Nothing like raping the resource to line the pockets of the people in the office with money. That is money the founding fathers get whether the members ever see an animal to hunt or not. WHC, what is your background? Are you a hunter? Do you own any land yourself? Will you get to hunt for free on all the properties? How many extra hunters will have free access to the land besides the 180 paying members? Do you have a staff biologist on hand to survey and set bag limits? Will you shut off hunting when harvest quotas are reached? I see that taxes and insurance are additional annual charges, correct? Are you planning on land values staying the same for ever and taxes not increasing? Will you raise the annual fees per member next year? And the next year again to cover administrative costs and raises to founding fathers..I mean administration costs? If a member buys is spot, how many people are allowed to hunt of his spot? Who pays for the maintenance of land, fences, roads, etc? If this venture fails and land is sold do the paying "fractional owners" get their money back?????

stxranchman,

I'm fully aware that 640 acres is the same all over the US......If you go back and review each post (from the beginning), you will discover that all of your questions have already been answered.

Thanks again for commenting.

I have but can't get past "the done this two times and failed before part". If you failed twice because of health concerns, what would make a 3rd time different? So humor me and answer the questions above that you have not answered. In particular the ones about management of the resource, the hunting of the land, taxes and any future cash outlays by the members. I will await your answers..again popcorn

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6103811 12/27/15 02:55 PM
A
Auctioneer1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I have seen these turn into a money grab and a lot of people buying land for one guy in the end. They are never managed and overbooked until people just leave or its shut down and a couple lawsuits are filled. Never a good thing to be apart of 2500 acres will not support 18 hunters period in the long run no thanks.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6105342 12/28/15 04:07 AM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Just checking in for my daily entertainment.

Is this any any way a marijuana farm?

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6105419 12/28/15 05:22 AM
338ultra Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I'm just going to buy one of those 20 acre plots he listed and cut the rest of you jokers out woot

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/jaschancey/RightSide-1.jpg
See Rule 17: Sig pics to be no more than 600 pixels wide x 125 pixels tall.
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: 338ultra] #6105448 12/28/15 06:08 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: 338ultra
I'm just going to buy one of those 20 acre plots he listed and cut the rest of you jokers out woot

338ultra,

I wouldn't blame ya for doing it! They're too good to pass up on!

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: Mike Honcho] #6105452 12/28/15 06:14 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
I have read through but its not crystal clear to me. There are a lot of moving pieces that have legal issues inherently attached to them.

So what would happen in this situation? Lets say you present a prime spot to members and in all respects "THE" place.

Scenario:

Say only 70% want to buy because of lets say $1.2MM price tag and the delta is to much for 30% of members (admin fund is what im calling it currently,since it is discretionary) so only a portion of owners want to move on it. The timetable is is middle of last quarter, november, and people are trying to get ducks in order. How would this be handled? I see it going down several ways and one would give me great pause. A.) The monies would rollover and be applied toward purchase. At this point what amount is your salary? Now with that said what would happen to the 30% that didn't want to move? Would they not have title to land or would they be allowed to hunt? B.) The entire amount of admin fund goes to your pocket. This isnt a malicious statement, but it is discretionary. This is the one that gives me great pause. Ive read through the posts and you having 100% control of admin monies is a little troubling for me and i think most. If you said you get "x" amount as a salary/fee and remainder goes to improvements, additional land, etc thats one thing, but sole discretion im not sure many would be comfortable with that. I wouldnt be. "Member benefits take discretion" but to what extent and i think the grey area in that statement makes for an uphill battle in this crowd. I am very familiar with 2 hunting clubs in colorado The Bluffs and Valhalla, and i love the concept of hunting clubs. Imo it sounds like this is more of you being a lease master with a paycheck, and a very large one at that. Thats a very uncommon practice here in texas. Im not against having a business. I would say 100% agreement for how money to be spent is a must in this situation and i dont see how everytime and every situation this will occur.

jorge,

Thanks again for commenting and the scenario. Members vote and either approve or deny a property purchase that is made via your fractional ownership fee. If there is majority approval, then the purchase is made. If you voted "no", you are still an owner of said property and you are able to hunt on said property. None of the fractional ownership monies ever makes its way to me; those funds are used solely for purchasing real estate (and such things as would be used or built on the property), all of which must be approved by majority vote of the members. With the annual fee, I have the freedom to purchase properties for you the members, without your approval. That is done as a means to improve your portfolio; nothing less, nothing more.

I understand your concern regarding my freedom with the annual fee, and that you want some "concrete" info regarding what type of salary I'd be receiving. If we go down that road, then we're getting away from the original structure of the club. What I mean by that is if the members are wanting to know what my salary is, then the company is no longer mine nor is it under my control. Hence, a management contract would have to be developed for "x" amount of years @ "x" salary per year, and a buy-out clause would have to be included because I own the company name and its brand. The problem with this is that it may cause members to pay a higher annual fee in order to cover a salary. For example, let's say $54,000 per year. There would need to be 30 members paying $1800 to cover the salary (based upon the annual fee). If there were only 18 members, they would be paying $3000 per year to cover my salary. At the same time, other contingency's would be needed to cover the salaries of additional staff members; and additional costs (property taxes, insurance, etc) would also be split equally among the members. Going this route is not viable for the members; however, we can figure out a solution that outlines assurances for the members. An example would be: $100 per member per month up to $4500 per month, based upon the number of members. In this example, if there were only 18 members, then I'd only receive $1800 per month; if there were 180 members, I'd only receive a maximum of $4500 per month. Additional funds can be used as directed by the members; which would include paying property taxes & insurance, buying additional properties, building fences, maintaining roads, etc. If those are the types of assurances that are needed, then we will put it together and add it into the operational agreement. I want all potential members to feel 100% secure in their decision.

I appreciate the questions, thank you.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: Mike Honcho] #6105456 12/28/15 06:21 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Fwiw, i wanted to start an upland club where one of our ranches is in south texas and basicalky emulate russel's valhalla, but for whatever reason, they just dont catch on very well in texas. Only part i know of that has had minimal success is east texas that borders Louisiana, and that's because its common practice there.

Jorge,

Just in case you want to revisit the upland club option, below is a link to a great club that has become one of the largest hatcheries in the US. I started hunting pheasants out there 30 years ago.

Hatt's Ranch

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: stxranchman] #6105465 12/28/15 06:47 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G

Can each property support 18 hunters killing 18 animals per year every year from now on? Have you done any habitat evaluation or game surveys to see what numbers are? Nothing like raping the resource to line the pockets of the people in the office with money. That is money the founding fathers get whether the members ever see an animal to hunt or not. WHC, what is your background? Are you a hunter? Do you own any land yourself? Will you get to hunt for free on all the properties? How many extra hunters will have free access to the land besides the 180 paying members? Do you have a staff biologist on hand to survey and set bag limits? Will you shut off hunting when harvest quotas are reached? I see that taxes and insurance are additional annual charges, correct? Are you planning on land values staying the same for ever and taxes not increasing? Will you raise the annual fees per member next year? And the next year again to cover administrative costs and raises to founding fathers..I mean administration costs? If a member buys is spot, how many people are allowed to hunt of his spot? Who pays for the maintenance of land, fences, roads, etc? If this venture fails and land is sold do the paying "fractional owners" get their money back?????

If you failed twice because of health concerns, what would make a 3rd time different? So humor me and answer the questions above that you have not answered. In particular the ones about management of the resource, the hunting of the land, taxes and any future cash outlays by the members. I will await your answers..again popcorn

stxranchman,

I appreciate the additional comments and questions. Regarding my health; it's fine now, 17 years past the prior situations, and I don't need to go into it any further. Regarding the other questions, they have been answered in other posts on this thread.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: Auctioneer1] #6105466 12/28/15 06:50 AM
G
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: Auctioneer1
I have seen these turn into a money grab and a lot of people buying land for one guy in the end. They are never managed and overbooked until people just leave or its shut down and a couple lawsuits are filled. Never a good thing to be apart of 2500 acres will not support 18 hunters period in the long run no thanks.

Auctioneer1,

Thank you for commenting. I hear your concerns.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6105467 12/28/15 07:01 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Ok, so if the difference is made up by only a portion of members, why would non purchasing members receive benefit? Am i misinterpreting this?

Please clarify if titles are in the name of each member and proportional or transfered by means of partition deed. This is a tricky scenario imo. Is the land purchased by a holding company? I assume yes, and this is what you referenced in your last post regarding a buyout. Only legal way i see that to legitimately do this titles and partition deeds need to be issued by parent/holding company.

How does knowing what someones salary change the dynamics or intent of a club? I fail to see that. Its like if you asked me to oversee this operation and i said just put in "x" amount every month and all will be good. I dont know how you would feel, but i wouldnt feel all warm and fuzzy. Its all about transparency!!!

You stated "Going this route is not viable for the members; however, we can figure out a solution that outlines assurances for the members". You listed an example, but i think a clear cut delineation is needed. I think if you clearly define what that solution(s) is from inception this would help out alot.

Also, the fact you can purchase land without any member veto or approval leads me to believe that the land isnt truly owned by members, but rather your holding company. The absolute authority to buy and i assume sell land does not meet the legal description of truly owning the land.

In your earlier posts you say members represent an equal interest. What i derived from that is if there are 18 members and yall buy 18 acres each member owns essentially 1ac. If that is a correct statement then title at the very least needs to be conveyed and there has been no mention of this. Please clarify.

Also what if your company dissolves? Lets take the above example. If the 18ac is owned by 18 members how is the distribution going to take place. Not every acre is essentially worth the same amount of money so this is why i stress partition deeds. If thats the case how are things partitioned? Please clarify.

Last edited by jorge; 12/28/15 07:02 AM.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: Mike Honcho] #6105468 12/28/15 07:05 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
If you own a fractional share why couldnt you sell it for say $100k after x number of years after improvements and such. Why would i only get 18k back? That doesnt sound like true ownership. Maybe i am misunderstanding. Please clarify.
????

If the intent is to improve shareholder portfolio, this postulates a for profit entity especially when you are marketing the concept as "land ownership". Why would anyone have a real asset they cant make a dime on? So why couldnt i sell my shares or interest for 1MM if i found someone who was willing and able? Is this not possible because title is never given to shareholders? And all real assests are held by your company?

Im asking this because if this is legit myself and several people i know think this COULD be a jam up deal. Until the legal questions get answered though i see a lot of issues, and lawsuits flying around like crazy.

Last edited by jorge; 12/28/15 07:13 AM.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6105523 12/28/15 11:40 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
By the way, on your previous failures, did members get their money refunded or any value for their shares?

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6105591 12/28/15 01:21 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I'm just too dumb to understand any of this.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6105733 12/28/15 02:45 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
I have read through this whole thread and I THINK I understand it totally. I would bolt from a "deal" like this but hey that's just me.
Good luck to the OP

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6106223 12/28/15 07:06 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Can each property support 18 hunters killing 18 animals per year every year from now on? Have you done any habitat evaluation or game surveys to see what numbers are? Nothing like raping the resource to line the pockets of the people in the office with money. That is money the founding fathers get whether the members ever see an animal to hunt or not. WHC, what is your background? Are you a hunter? Do you own any land yourself? Will you get to hunt for free on all the properties? How many extra hunters will have free access to the land besides the 180 paying members? Do you have a staff biologist on hand to survey and set bag limits? Will you shut off hunting when harvest quotas are reached? I see that taxes and insurance are additional annual charges, correct? Are you planning on land values staying the same for ever and taxes not increasing? Will you raise the annual fees per member next year? And the next year again to cover administrative costs and raises to founding fathers..I mean administration costs? If a member buys is spot, how many people are allowed to hunt of his spot? Who pays for the maintenance of land, fences, roads, etc? If this venture fails and land is sold do the paying "fractional owners" get their money back?????

If you failed twice because of health concerns, what would make a 3rd time different? So humor me and answer the questions above that you have not answered. In particular the ones about management of the resource, the hunting of the land, taxes and any future cash outlays by the members. I will await your answers..again popcorn

stxranchman,

I appreciate the additional comments and questions. Regarding my health; it's fine now, 17 years past the prior situations, and I don't need to go into it any further. Regarding the other questions, they have been answered in other posts on this thread.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: stxranchman] #6107699 12/29/15 02:20 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Sir - I am sure you feel like you are not being treated fairly on the forum for your attempt to secure members for your hunting club. However if you take into account everything outlined in your information can you blame anyone? You are a brand new poster here and are soliciting hunters to join a brand new club and pay their hard earned money in hopes you can make it work. On top of that you have tried twice and said it failed. Your plan is to crowd a bunch of folks on small properties and hope that there is enough game to satisfy everyone. You also promise to make sure all the hunters on a piece of property will get along, respect each other, etc. Many new ventures start with good intentions and end in epic failure. Not to say it could not be done but the odds are way against a hunting club like this succeeding and members getting their moneys worth and/or their money ever returned if it does fail. If I am the first member to send you a check for $1800 and you are unable to gather enough other members to make this work, where does that leave me?

So I don't know the answer for how you make something like this work - but expecting experienced hunters and business people to join a club like this based on an internet forum and promises made is a tough go of it IMO. Best of luck

You can't fix stupid
Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6107902 12/29/15 04:23 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Properties seem like they'd mostly be beneficial as a base camp to access BLM. There's no guarantee the way the animals migrate that there'll be any on a property during an open season, which is why most folks prefer UW over PLO tags.

Re: New Hunting Club in Colorado [Re: GuideAndOutfitter] #6108368 12/29/15 10:03 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Waiting for responses to questions asked above sir.

Also in colorado you need to be licensed and insured to run a hunting operation. Can you please post these credentials to cross reference or email personally. Like Reagan said trust, but verify.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide