Forum Stats
60449 Members
45 Forums
475962 Topics
6243642 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6092436 - 12/19/15 04:30 PM Sharing stands??
kagomez85 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler,TX
Do y'all share blinds with other members or is your setup all you hunt? What's yalls opinion? I don't like it but seems like this is going on my lease...

#6092536 - 12/19/15 05:57 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Boerne, Texas
If wouldn't bother me as long as everybody was on the same management level.

#6092605 - 12/19/15 06:54 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
rickym Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: texas
And everyone asked permission first whether your there or not and doesn't get upset if they are told "not today"

#6092626 - 12/19/15 07:21 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: grout-scout]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
If wouldn't bother me as long as everybody was on the same management level.

Our lease is anybody anywhere.....just let folks know where you want to hunt....mostly set up to let wives and kids kill deer....we are more after hogs.....

Works 99% of the time.... up

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6092631 - 12/19/15 07:26 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
scalebuster Online   content
Pro Tracker

We own ours collectively.

#6092776 - 12/19/15 09:00 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
If we are friends and have the same approaches to scent and management then yeah. As part of a community stands lease, ah no. I left an otherwise great lease and some good guys over this very thing.
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#6092786 - 12/19/15 09:03 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
kmon1 Online   content
junior

Loc: Texas
Most of the leases I have been on 2 of us owned the stands and all hunted them, until the last couple years on one where 2 guys had their own stands and we did not hunt them but they could hunt ours. Long as everybody agreed on where the other are hunting that is cool with me. Current lease I own all the stands and when have a guest out let them pic their stand and I hit another one, no big deal. One rule we had on a couple leases where 2 of us owned the stands was whoever did the most work filling feeders, cutting lanes etc got first choice of stand when they were out.

RULES for using the TRADING POST
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u..._PO#Post1959111

#6092895 - 12/19/15 10:21 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
CRAnderson52 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Highland Village, Texas
We have an open stand policy on our place. Everyone has to keep there own set ups going and in good shape and they have first dibs to hunt there but if they aren't there then anybody is welcome to hunt it. I don't pay good money to hunt my section, I want to be able to see the whole place.

#6092936 - 12/19/15 11:25 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
Brother Phil Offline
Woodsman

With a couple of guns on a lease, this may not be an issue. However, picture this, you build or pay for a nice stand/feeder, set them up in the heat of the Summer, start feeding in Sept, then have some kind of conflict where you can't hunt until December. Would you want your stand burnt out before you can use it? I think in most cases it works better to have a policy where there is stand sharing by permission only.

#6092946 - 12/19/15 11:57 PM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: CRAnderson52]
txshntr Online   content
T-Rex Arms

Loc: Mansfield, Texas
Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
We have an open stand policy on our place. Everyone has to keep there own set ups going and in good shape and they have first dibs to hunt there but if they aren't there then anybody is welcome to hunt it. I don't pay good money to hunt my section, I want to be able to see the whole place.

This is the way ours is. Have to have a working feeder to hunt a feeder, have to have a stand to hunt a stand. Not all stands are built to the same specs. You have to have permission to shoot does or turkey, but mature bucks and culls are open. You have first right to your stand when you are there. Bow hunting is by permission only.

We have 20 on our lease and 6k acres.

#6092954 - 12/20/15 12:23 AM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
JKC Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Shreveport LA
10 guys on our lease we all grew up together and we all share, I know unheard of but it works.

#6092995 - 12/20/15 06:22 AM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: JKC]
tlk Offline
Pro Tracker

we have all community stands. If you bring a stand of your own it is a community blind. First come first serve - takes away the "competition" for deer and areas. We have 12 hunters and 9000 acres. Some of our group hunt out of tower blinds and others out of pop ups, their buggy, or tripods. Over the years I have witnessed more lease issues with members have their own area and stands. May work for some but the community approach seems to work best for us.

#6093125 - 12/20/15 08:52 AM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: tlk]
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: West Texas
No. 6 guys on our lease and I would only share with one other guy (He is the head honcho of the lease). A few things come to mind when I put this out there. He and I worked our tails off moving feeders, blinds, feeding etc. The other guys had a chance and either chose not to come out or had other things going on.

We put in alot of work on off season weekends. Some members kept to themselves and took care of their own stuff, I'm ok with that and I don't expect to hunt their blinds and vice versa. We started feeding back in March and continued. I have one stand that is covered up in hogs. My other is more my "deer stand".

I think it can work if EVERYONE contributes. I can't see it working with 1-2 trying and the rest taking advantage of the others fruits, hope that makes sense.

"Una Stamus"

#6093161 - 12/20/15 09:22 AM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: kagomez85]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
The trouble is that seldom does "everyone" contribute. When I was leasing whole ranches and hunting with just a group of close friends it worked great. As they retired from leasing and moved on I had to go out on places alone and it was an awakening for sure. There is always at least one who maintains such a sad set up, throws three seconds on his feeder and only feeds Sept through deer season. The guy who never has time to go down to work outside of season but is there every week/weekend through season. The guy who it seems always signs in to hunt, or is there midweek hunting, the blinds of the guys who work the hardest to set up multiple stands, throw a bunch of corn mixed with protein and have alfalfa out as well instead of ever sitting in their own set up. Then have the gall to walk to and from stand walking right by your camera under the the feeder leaving their scent everywhere.

Most of the guys on the lease I'm on are committed to doing it right. However we hunt our own set ups unless you have an individual agreement with another hunter. I like this a lot better.
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#6093183 - 12/20/15 09:43 AM Re: Sharing stands?? [Re: txshntr]
CRAnderson52 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Highland Village, Texas
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52

This is the way ours is. Have to have a working feeder to hunt a feeder, have to have a stand to hunt a stand. Not all stands are built to the same specs. You have to have permission to shoot does or turkey, but mature bucks and culls are open. You have first right to your stand when you are there. Bow hunting is by permission only.

We have 20 on our lease and 6k acres.

Yes sir, we've been doing this for a long while now and it seems to work good. Luckily we have pretty much had the same group, with the exception of just a few changes and we've all been buddies a long time. I can see where it would be hard on a lease with people you don't know. I have found that everybody pretty much hunts their stand exclusively until arounch Christmas, then we all start getting bored I guess. Bow hunting is the same way, even though only two of us bow hunt so not much choice unless you wanna set out a pop up. It's the same way with kids, we actually try to get them all there on the same weekends so we can completely focus on them, but guests are welcome anytime on our place.

Edited by CRAnderson52 (12/20/15 09:44 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide