Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
What took them so long #6084043 12/15/15 12:47 AM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Here's an excerpt from a log I kept for the 1991/92 season.

We've all had, what them so long starts to our hunts. We had one today. We put Cracker, and ET’s two red setters on the ground. Muffin was barking in the dog box. She gets excited when Cracker points. There she was. The setters backed and we made a short loop.

There's another great moment in bird dogging. Lets tell about both. I put Cracker in the dog box when the hunt was over. I thought. Beckett stacked up on a rosé bush near the truck. Birds just kept coming out of there. It was a fun ending to a little loop. I thought.. I loaded my Gator and reminded myself to give ET his stuff.

It didn't happen. Yeats was stacked up on the the other side of the old house. He was beautiful. I still have a little high from the start and finish to the hunt.

Do you get high? Have any what took them so long stories? Quitting time stories?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: What took them so long [Re: bill oxner] #6086619 12/16/15 04:43 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted By: bill oxner

We've all had, what them so long starts to our hunts. We had one today. We put Cracker, and ET’s two red setters on the ground. Muffin was barking in the dog box. She gets excited when Cracker points. There she was. The setters backed and we made a short loop.

There's another great moment in bird dogging. Lets tell about both. I put Cracker in the dog box when the hunt was over. I thought. Beckett stacked up on a rosé bush near the truck. Birds just kept coming out of there. It was a fun ending to a little loop. I thought.. I loaded my Gator and reminded myself to give ET his stuff.

It didn't happen. Yeats was stacked up on the the other side of the old house. He was beautiful. I still have a little high from the start and finish to the hunt.

Do you get high? Have any what took them so long stories? Quitting time stories?

If you ever published your field notes I would buy it. Excellent read only from the small portion you posted. I have never quail hunted but would love to read about it through your adventures.

[Linked Image]
Re: What took them so long [Re: bill oxner] #6087032 12/16/15 02:41 PM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I put most of them on this forum several years ago. The thread name was, "She was just standing there." You can look it up. I think I posted it in 2010.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: What took them so long [Re: bill oxner] #6091407 12/18/15 11:38 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
I liken the rush of watching GOOD dog to riding cutting horse's

Last edited by colt45; 12/18/15 11:39 PM.

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: What took them so long [Re: Bee'z] #6091467 12/19/15 12:36 AM
bill oxner Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Originally Posted By: bill oxner

If you ever published your field notes I would buy it. Excellent read only from the small portion you posted. I have never quail hunted but would love to read about it through your adventures.

Here's a excerpt for you. It's not very clear

[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide