Print Thread
Galveston and west bay #6075576 12/10/15 12:09 AM
I
Indyoshi Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
I
So I have a boat now...Ive been to the bay in one particular spot where I can walk in, but have not boated to an area yet. Ive looked in the OA and on twpd.org and I havent found my answer...so the question: Can I hunt for ducks anywhere in the bay? I know I have to be a certain distance from any residence (I think its 300 yards) but could I pull up to any little marshy area that does not have any structures, businesses, houses, and drop anchor and throw deeks out? Does it have to be a WMA or within its borders?

public hunting FB page https://facebook.com/txhuntnfish/
Re: Galveston and west bay [Re: Indyoshi] #6076131 12/10/15 05:26 AM
F
Fishuhalik Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
If you're below the high ride mark, you're good to go

Cigarettes are like hamsters. Perfectly harmless til you put it in your mouth & light it on fire
Re: Galveston and west bay [Re: Indyoshi] #6076355 12/10/15 01:53 PM
I
Indyoshi Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
I
Thank for the info. I have found a little more but on very old forums and I am not sure what is still valid.

Just to clarify, im not looking for spots or specific areas, just the general rules and laws. The spot where I usually walk in can get pretty crowded and i dont want to just boat in to that spot and still be crowded. From scouting while fishing ive noticed several spots where fairly large flocks gather in even open water.

Another thing is my wife really wants to flounder fish...Im game for anything outdoors and have heard that ducks will even fly right over a non camo boat because they see so many of them in the water and thats usually not whats shooting at them. Anyone ever have luck throwing deeks out while fishing off a boat and doing a little cast n blast?

One more thing is my boat isnt camo. Its grey and may blend a little with the water so I plan to throw a bunch of camo netting over it and brush it in the best I can in a short time. If I go back to the "walk in" spot then I would park the boat and walk a couple hundred yards down the bank, but also like to be friendly ro other hunters and dont want to be "that guy" who parks a boat on the coast where others are hunting. Any thoughts on that? I want to stay mindful of other hunters.

public hunting FB page https://facebook.com/txhuntnfish/
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide