475616 Topics
6239225 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#6072737 - 12/08/15 09:04 AM theresa vail in trouble with fish and game
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker

#6072750 - 12/08/15 09:10 AM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
tShawnB Offline
Tracker

Loc: Rolling Plains
Idiot. Hopefully they will lock her up for a few months.

#6072753 - 12/08/15 09:12 AM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
DQ Kid Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
Same rules need to apply to everyone, if she broke the law prosecute her as you would anyone else.

#6072758 - 12/08/15 09:16 AM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
Just watching the show you can tell she is willing, but knows next to nothing about hunting. We all know why she has a TV show.

And, apparently, she has a dishonesty streak.

Edited by Nogalus Prairie (12/08/15 09:45 AM)

#6072920 - 12/08/15 10:30 AM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
Man, there has been just a rash of the TV show violators in the last few years, it would seem, everyone from Nugent to this woman.

#6072955 - 12/08/15 10:43 AM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
Mako My Day Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Friendswood, TX
not very smart of the guides to try and pull a fast one when there are camera crews around... It all falls back on integrity, and obviously these people are lacking

#6073156 - 12/08/15 12:34 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
flintknapper Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Deep East Texas
Reading the account, I can easily see why SHE might not have known the tagging of the second bear was 'technically' illegal. Her GUIDES tried to 'right a wrong' and made poor decisions, they should have contacted the authorities right away to sort it out.

We are not told how the second bear (a Sow) was shot, but I can certainly imagine several scenarios where that could occur as an honest mistake.

Now, IF Ms. Vail was told by the guides that what they were doing wasn't legal...but what they thought was the best solution, then yes, she is complicit.

Until we know more about the incident...we should not rush to judgement, since as far as we know...the rest of her hunting history is spotless.

The filmed event was never aired...so we have only an UN-DETAILED account of it.

But for arguments sake, lets say it went like this:

Two bears are spotted (a Sow and Boar). You have a legal tag for one Bear. The Boar is shot, both bears run into the alders where you can't see either one. The Sow comes running back out and your guide instructs you to 'Shoot again', (thinking it is the previously wounded Boar). Sow runs back into the Alders and expires. When the party goes to retrieve what they think is the Boar, they find BOTH bears.

Now you've got two bears and ONE tag.

The guides... focusing on the main dilemma (no tag for the second bear), overlook (or perhaps intentionally ignore) the requirement to have a tag in possession BEFORE taking the game animal. They see the 'remedy' as simply securing a second tag. Ms. Vail (IF not aware of the problem) would naturally write in the date the animal was killed. A technicality that amounts to falsification, by 'backdating', in addition to not having a second tag to begin with.

We don't know exactly how things happened just yet or who knew what and when. If her guides were less than honest with Her, then she could have ignorantly (but honestly) followed their directions.

Just saying, lets not 'Hang Her' quite yet guys!

Edited by flintknapper (12/08/15 12:39 PM)

#6073198 - 12/08/15 01:04 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: flintknapper]
DQ Kid Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Originally Posted By: flintknapper
Reading the account, I can easily see why SHE might not have known the tagging of the second bear was 'technically' illegal. Her GUIDES tried to 'right a wrong' and made poor decisions, they should have contacted the authorities right away to sort it out.

We are not told how the second bear (a Sow) was shot, but I can certainly imagine several scenarios where that could occur as an honest mistake.

Now, IF Ms. Vail was told by the guides that what they were doing wasn't legal...but what they thought was the best solution, then yes, she is complicit.

Until we know more about the incident...we should not rush to judgement, since as far as we know...the rest of her hunting history is spotless.

The filmed event was never aired...so we have only an UN-DETAILED account of it.

Two bears are spotted (a Sow and Boar). You have a legal tag for one Bear. The Boar is shot, both bears run into the alders where you can't see either one. The Sow comes running back out and your guide instructs you to 'Shoot again', (thinking it is the previously wounded Boar). Sow runs back into the Alders and expires. When the party goes to retrieve what they think is the Boar, they find BOTH bears.

The guides... focusing on the main dilemma (no tag for the second bear), overlook (or perhaps intentionally ignore) the requirement to have a tag in possession BEFORE taking the game animal. They see the 'remedy' as simply securing a second tag. Ms. Vail (IF not aware of the problem) would naturally write in the date the animal was killed. A technicality that amounts to falsification, by 'backdating', in addition to not having a second tag to begin with.

We don't know exactly how things happened just yet or who knew what and when. If her guides were less than honest with Her, then she could have ignorantly (but honestly) followed their directions.

Decent point, but what about confirming shot 1 on animal 1 before taking shot 1 on animal 2. Isn't that the wiser way to go about things?

#6073275 - 12/08/15 01:50 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: DQ Kid]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

Decent point, but what about confirming shot 1 on animal 1 before taking shot 1 on animal 2. Isn't that the wiser way to go about things?

Im not taking sides, but ill just step aside and let you poke your finger in the bullet hole on the wounded and probably very upset male bear to insure it is indeed the original bear...

Sounds like a mistake was made and they tried to cover it up and hope it went away rather than take care of it.

#6073282 - 12/08/15 01:54 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
DQ Kid Online   content
Extreme Tracker

I agree but with tags being so limited/restricted, don't we owe it to the animal as well as other hunters?

#6073286 - 12/08/15 01:56 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: flintknapper]
soonerdg Offline
Bird Dog

I almost agree with you. Here's my hang up. She pulled the trigger on the second shot and no-one forced her to do that. If she didn't know for sure that she was shooting at the already wounded boar then she should never have fired the second shot. Period, end of story. Always be sure of your target before firing a shot. If i'm elk hunting and have only an antless tag and I shoot an elk who's head is obstructed from my view and it turns out to be a bull then I don't get to say "well I didn't know it was a bull". I pulled the trigger so I'm responsible.

Edited by soonerdg (12/08/15 01:57 PM)

#6073309 - 12/08/15 02:15 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
Stupidity is not defense to prosecution. If it starts with "I thought" boom, then trying to cover it up? sure. I don't for one reason think she isn't smart enough to know the rules, even if the guide doesn't. You have "one" tag, usually means you can kill "one" of those species.

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6073375 - 12/08/15 02:51 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: Western]
flintknapper Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Deep East Texas
Originally Posted By: Western
You have "one" tag, usually means you can kill "one" of those species.

Agreed, and I am sure Ms. Vail is more than capable of doing the math, my point was, I can easily imagine a scenario where she thought she WAS shooting the same animal, previously wounded. VERY different from intentionally taking a second animal, not having a tag for it. Surely, you don't think anyone there was that 'stupid'?

#6073403 - 12/08/15 03:04 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: txhunter1010]
Mr. T. Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Fort Worth - Hunt in Eastland ...
I'm a high school teacher and as some of my student say about stealing, "It's only wrong if you get caught." I think that is what Ms. Vail and her guides were thinking at the time.

#6073417 - 12/08/15 03:14 PM Re: theresa vail in trouble with fish and game [Re: flintknapper]
Black02z28 Offline
Tracker

Loc: Terrell, TX
Originally Posted By: Western
You have "one" tag, usually means you can kill "one" of those species.

Agreed, and I am sure Ms. Vail is more than capable of doing the math, my point was, I can easily imagine a scenario where she thought she WAS shooting the same animal, previously wounded. VERY different from intentionally taking a second animal, not having a tag for it. Surely, you don't think anyone there was that 'stupid'?

Agreed. Especially if you have the guide telling you to shoot. Your trusting your guide at that point.

I've seen this happen before where guy takes a shot, animal runs off and the guide thinks that it re-appears, tells client to shoot again and only to walk up and see you have two downed animals. Pretty funny to watch the owner of this ranch rip the guide a new one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide