Print Thread
disabled vet who really wants to hunt #6066726 12/04/15 06:16 PM
C
chemdawg Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
Hi, I am kind of new here. one of the hunter on FT hood said i should make a post here there are a lot of good guys he said willing to let guys like me hunt on there land. I dont have any here in Texas. I have a house in a nice neighbor hood. I was wounded in Iraq back in 2004 and i have only gotten worse over they years. i suffer from memory problems and a really bad back, have 6 pinched nerve roots after i had my back surgery do to an on of the many IEDs i was struck with I lost most my memory and have a horrible short term memory. it there is someone who would be willing to let someone like me hunt there propery or tag a long I could pay you back i dont have many to give but i am a license fishing guid mostly catfish. I make and sell my own bait. I dont keep a penny of it. it all goes to taking other disabled vets fish or the family members of a fallen soldier. if i have the money I normally get the kids there wone fishing rod nothing special mostly mitchel 300's and ugly stick rods I was process by a a farmer in gateville i use to take him fishing ever few weeks and when the time came he would let me hunt his and for free. well i got stationed at FT Gordon for 2 years and they decide my injury were to sever to keep me on active duty. when we moved back i went to talk to the farmer but he passed while i was gone and his kids wanted to charge me 400$ just to hunt the hogs that were destroying there corn corps. i dont have that kind of money so i am stuck on base with is about shot out and i have yet been able to take anything I really would be most aprictive if someone on here could help out i have been told my level guys yes i can hunt there land or go with them then the time comes and they want money i dont have to spend so if anyone really would like to help out trade trips or what ever. I dont mined using a shot gun or muzzle loader if hitting live stock is a concern hell for hog i will even use a 22mag it it will take an 600b elk i can take a hog one shot be hind the ear and it lights out for anything. today i was promised i could take my oldest sone hunting on someone land but we could only take does wen i showed up he was mad i did not bring a bow I cant pull a bow back so i sold mine we were both using shot guns with smooth boars to limit the distance the round might go. it just really bothers me that so many guys take advantage of the situation i take the out fishing then they stiff me on hunts i just like being out in the woods I grew up in NY and all we could use is shot guns muzzle loaders I know hunting is almost over but i still would be great full for help on this matter you have to excuse my spelling and gram but like i said before i was struck in the he'd by something when an IED went off next to my truck and blew me out the back i dont come here ofter but my number is 254 319 3188 thanks for your time

Re: disabled vet who really wants to hunt [Re: chemdawg] #6069299 12/06/15 04:18 PM
T
Tommar Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I'll vouch for Chemdawg on his generosity towards helping fellow vets get on the water. I know him from the TFF side. Good guy with some health issues from his service but still has a genuine desire to help other veterans. He's even been known to rile up some other catfish guide because he doesn't charge out the whazoo for his services.

Re: disabled vet who really wants to hunt [Re: chemdawg] #6071256 12/07/15 07:30 PM
C
chemdawg Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
C
thanks tom i just found this I have been trying to hunt ft hood and it is a nightmare but it is all i have there are a lot of big deer and and hogs on there but a lot of the areas are guyed hunts only ya a lot of the guid out on waco and limestone just flat out hate me because i wont charge 400-500$ I just feel a the average family should be able to go out fishing with out breaking them selves i am not wealthy I am not it it to make money nothing better then having kids crank in catfish after catfish the only down side is i have had 2 kids aclty put my bait in the mouths granted its all eatable but name that cheese is old I have stuck up deels with a few farmer i took them fishing in the spring and summer and they were going to let me hunt there land but when i went to go hunt every one of them wanted sever hundred dollars to hunt thats not the deal we had so far not one of them as help up there end one guy has suck a hog problem he is loosing thousands of dollars in wheat they are tearing up every thing and he still wanted to charge me 200$ aday In New York people dont care if you hunt there land all you have to do is ask even if its posted if you ask the alway say yes they may have rules like no cutting stuff down or open the gates to the field pich up your trash or some dont want you to shoot does or spikes but i have never heard of anyone saying no you cant go on there land the big one people will tell you is not opening weekend because they will be down there with family members wich is understandable my father and i had land that connected to my grandfathers land wich was connected to the amities 120 acres so we had over 700acers to hunt it was very moment to drive by and see 3-4 truck parked on the road our only rule dont cut the trees down and no trucks or atvs if there was not you can take your snow go down to pull your deer out every one i have came across here wants money if its not costing you anything why charge someone els not every one have 200-1000$ to spend on hunting land

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide