QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: brew0216
Originally Posted By: sbushee
Brew0216

I hope you and I aren't neighbors. You said if you see a wounded deer on the other side of the fence you would put it down. How far over the fence? 400 yards close enough? You have admitted to poaching if the opportunity presents itself. That tarnishes the reputation of all of us that hunt. Thanks for nothing.

No I would never take a 400 yard shot. I don't get a hard on for taking long shots like a lot of other guys. I just like being an ethical hunter and putting meat in the freezer. Putting a deer down that is wounded and walking 20-30 yards over the fence is the right thing to do. My neighbor actually drove over to our camp last deer season because he wanted us to put down a yearling buck that was dragging itself around with 2 legs near his house, so I don't have to worry about it too much. He is a stand up guy that cares more about ethics and doing the right thing rather than a made up property line. Very glad we aren't neighbors as well because we wouldn't get along very well.

So if the GW wrote you a ticket you'd be okay with it?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TxHunter18] #6067688 12/05/15 04:58 AM
T
TFF Caribou Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Shoot the deer? Not even a question. The law is not above an animal suffering in my opinion. Any game warden that doesn't let that pass needs to reevaluate why he is a game warden.

We're not here to play God. Nature takes care of itself.
Putting down a wounded animal has nothing to do with playing God. You have your rules and I have mine. If I ever see a wounded deer on the other side of the fence I will put it down. All of you can sit there and watch it suffer just because it is 5 yards on the other side of a barbed wire fence.

Who says a wounded animal is in misery just because it has a limp.

And sure it is. Saying you can handle the situation better than nature is playing God.
I bet you love drought years so you can put skinny deer "out of their misery" they gotta be hurting, there isn't enough food to eat.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: YellowDog] #6067862 12/05/15 01:58 PM
T
tex70 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
popcorn

Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: YellowDog] #6067902 12/05/15 02:29 PM
T
TX TCAT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Move your blind off your neighbor's fence line and you'll never have to deal with this decision. Problem solved.

Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TX TCAT] #6068065 12/05/15 04:51 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: TX TCAT
Move your blind off your neighbor's fence line and you'll never have to deal with this decision. Problem solved.

That's too easy.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TFF Caribou] #6068325 12/05/15 09:15 PM
T
TxHunter18 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Shoot the deer? Not even a question. The law is not above an animal suffering in my opinion. Any game warden that doesn't let that pass needs to reevaluate why he is a game warden.

We're not here to play God. Nature takes care of itself.
Putting down a wounded animal has nothing to do with playing God. You have your rules and I have mine. If I ever see a wounded deer on the other side of the fence I will put it down. All of you can sit there and watch it suffer just because it is 5 yards on the other side of a barbed wire fence.

Who says a wounded animal is in misery just because it has a limp.

And sure it is. Saying you can handle the situation better than nature is playing God.
I bet you love drought years so you can put skinny deer "out of their misery" they gotta be hurting, there isn't enough food to eat.
Wow. My Momma always told me I was going to run in to some not so smart people in my lifetime. You're telling me that helping an animal out and not letting nature have complete control means you're playing God? I guess this means when we set up a feeder or plant a food plot that we are playing God because we are not letting nature handle all aspects of the animals life. Oh and anyone who puts down a dog is playing God as well. What if God put that deer there because he wants you to put it down?? I am pretty sure God could care less about fence lines. You're seriously hilarious. I'm going to pray for you to get your head on straight.

Last edited by brew0216; 12/05/15 09:27 PM.
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TxHunter18] #6068336 12/05/15 09:25 PM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Wow. I didn't realize there were people as dumb as you on here. You're telling me that helping an animal out and not letting nature have complete control means you're playing God? I guess this means when we set up a feeder or plant a food plot that we are playing God because we are not letting nature handle all aspects of the animals life. Oh and anyone who puts down a dog is playing God as well. 😂 You're hilarious. I'm going to pray for you to get your head on straight.
grin stir

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TFF Caribou] #6068339 12/05/15 09:29 PM
T
TxHunter18 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Wow. I didn't realize there were people as dumb as you on here. You're telling me that helping an animal out and not letting nature have complete control means you're playing God? I guess this means when we set up a feeder or plant a food plot that we are playing God because we are not letting nature handle all aspects of the animals life. Oh and anyone who puts down a dog is playing God as well. 😂 You're hilarious. I'm going to pray for you to get your head on straight.
grin stir
Oh, it's time to play it off now because you realize how foolish you sound. I'm glad you came to your senses. Have a good day.

Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TxHunter18] #6068350 12/05/15 09:40 PM
C
ChrisB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Under the TPW State Jail Felony classification, individuals convicted of taking a desert bighorn sheep, white-tailed deer, pronghorn antelope or mule deer without the consent of the landowner are subject to incarceration for 180 days to two years and a fine of $1,500 to $10,000. A second violation is prosecuted as a TPW Felony and upon conviction is punishable by incarceration in the institutional division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for two years to 10 years and a fine of $2,000 to $10,000.

I'm sorry but no injured deer is worth being a felon.

Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: TxHunter18] #6068432 12/05/15 10:58 PM
T
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
grin stir
Oh, it's time to play it off now because you realize how foolish you sound. I'm glad you came to your senses. Have a good day.

Oh, I still don't agree with putting every injured animal down you see, and I absolutely disagree with shooting over a property line to do it, but I thought it was obvious I was laying it on a little thick.

Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: YellowDog] #6071495 12/07/15 09:51 PM
Y
YellowDog Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Y
I figured this topic would stir the pot for everyone. " From shooting over the fence to hunting fence line." I ended up taking the deer on my side of the fence. The deer's right front hoof was hanging by just the hide above the dewclaw. Had a 6 inch open cut on his back just above shoulder blades. The deer was very skinny.

Born to Hunt/Fish
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot [Re: YellowDog] #6071544 12/07/15 10:14 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Shoot him and call the game warden. Let us know how that turns out.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide