So what's the point of this thread?? Nut cases exist everywhere, fueled by media reports resulting in "Copycats".
Then the private schools opt out of campus carry. I wonder if the college president will remember the opt out the next time some "troubled" student decides to take some target practice on a "safe" campus?
With all due respect, what in the world are you talking about?
It's possible this could be a few things, depending on a person's point of view, none of which involve carry rights on university campuses or copycats:
1) could be a heads up to someone that lives in the area that there could be a drug problem, which possibly led to a property owners murder
2) could be a heads up for someone that might have known the hunter or the killer or their families
3) could be a reminder to not always confront someone driving on your land in a stolen Hummer, or if you do, be more cautious
4) could just be relaying a sad story that includes hunters to members of a hunting forum
5) could be a heads up in the event something more comes out, like the property owner was dealing drugs (for example)
It literally is interesting to people for any number of reasons, but I don't think it will cause copycats or universities to rethink allowing concealed carry rights on campus. In fact, the only reason I heard about it is because it was mentioned on a hunting forum, because it hasn't been covered outside of local media that I can tell.