476054 Topics
6244810 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6057379 - 11/29/15 10:07 PM W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar
hetman Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Addison Tx
We were hunting in W. Texas- Cisco over the Thanks Giving Holiday. Nasty weather pretty much the whole time Rain/cold/sleet/Mud & more Mud . My wife wanted to hang with us & hunt the whole weekend & she did. We both passed on some does hoping they would draw some bucks but that was a no go. Deer seem to have better sense than to be out in the nasty weather. It seems the only animals stupid enough to be out in the rain/cold/mud was us & Pigs. So our deer hunting turned into a pig hunt. My wife has been wanting a "BIG PIG" and this is her First. He was weighed after gutting @ 190lb so according to Processor he should have been in the 230-240lb range. Not bad for her first pig!

She hit him in the neck @ 152 yards shooting a Stainless Weatherby in .243 / Hornady SST 95 Grain & he was "DRT" ( Great Shot BABE).

Anyway two of us "BIG Guys" tried to load this Pig in the back of a Can-AM, too bad it was not video taped my wife had a good laugh watching us slip/slid & fall down in the mud with the pig on top of us ( one big wet/cold/smelly mess). Finally remembered I had a Come-a-Long & chain in the bottom storage of the Can-Am. Wrapped the chain around the top of the Roll Bars & hooked Come-A-long to that / removed the tailgate / wrapped nylon rope around the Heart area of the Pig and was able to lift him high enough so we could load one end at a time. Told her after this was all finished if she shoots any thing bigger I am just going to drag it off for the Yotes. Any way here is the Pics. Congrats to my wife. hetman(AKA Steve)

P.S. after dropping pig @ processor we had to take our hunting clothes to a hot water car wash & power wash them & then run them thru a local laundry mat to get the Mud & smell out so we could do it again the next day(STupid)

Edited by hetman (11/29/15 10:16 PM)

"God is Good, Beer is Great & people are Crazy"

#6057387 - 11/29/15 10:12 PM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
I think you got a little schmutz there on your pants. roflmao

Nice Boar!!!

#6057391 - 11/29/15 10:18 PM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
blazin Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Texas
Nice sized pig, what did you order from the processor on that one?

#6057412 - 11/29/15 10:31 PM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Congrats on a job well done!!!

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#6058020 - 11/30/15 11:14 AM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
IamMr2 Offline
Woodsman

Congrats, Mrs. Hetman. Hunting in that weather. Oy!

#6058052 - 11/30/15 11:27 AM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
Deadend Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Mineola,TX
Awesome ,congrats to your wife ,what a first pig ,that will probably be the muddiest hunting trip you'll ever be on

#6058058 - 11/30/15 11:32 AM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
rdhibbs Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Dumas TX
Remember in hunting or any thing else in life the easy days are easily and soon forgotten. Trips like this will be remembered for a life time, and the plan to go next week even if the problems precisest, sounds like a winning situation to me. I will bet that hog tastes twice as good as one shot on a Good day, the taste of victory is sweet.

She is also lucky to have you and your friend to help her and go through what you did in order to get that thing cleaned and loaded.

Congrats to all involved. cheers clap

#6058083 - 11/30/15 11:43 AM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
Halfadozen Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Parker County
Good deal Steve! I thought you guys had decided not to head out. Hopefully see ya'll next weekend.

#6059545 - 11/30/15 09:51 PM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
colt.45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: wondering about the woods
rofl sounds like good times flag

i'm postaddic

#6059829 - 12/01/15 06:32 AM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
hetman Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Addison Tx
Thanks Gents , wife appreciates the comments, I especially liked the comment by rdhibbs , when you look at this past weekend in that sense it makes it a great hunt no matter what the weather was like

"Remember in hunting or any thing else in life the easy days are easily and soon forgotten. Trips like this will be remembered for a life time, and the plan to go next week even if the problems precisest, sounds like a winning situation to me. I will bet that hog tastes twice as good as one shot on a Good day, the taste of victory is sweet."

"God is Good, Beer is Great & people are Crazy"

#6059981 - 12/01/15 08:01 AM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
colt45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: bastrop county
Originally Posted By: hetman
We were hunting in W. Texas- Cisco over the Thanks Giving Holiday. Nasty weather pretty much the whole time Rain/cold/sleet/Mud & more Mud . My wife wanted to hang with us & hunt the whole weekend & she did. We both passed on some does hoping they would draw some bucks but that was a no go. Deer seem to have better sense than to be out in the nasty weather. It seems the only animals stupid enough to be out in the rain/cold/mud was us & Pigs. So our deer hunting turned into a pig hunt. My wife has been wanting a "BIG PIG" and this is her First. He was weighed after gutting @ 190lb so according to Processor he should have been in the 230-240lb range. Not bad for her first pig!

She hit him in the neck @ 152 yards shooting a Stainless Weatherby in .243 / Hornady SST 95 Grain & he was "DRT" ( Great Shot BABE).

Anyway two of us "BIG Guys" tried to load this Pig in the back of a Can-AM, too bad it was not video taped my wife had a good laugh watching us slip/slid & fall down in the mud with the pig on top of us ( one big wet/cold/smelly mess). Finally remembered I had a Come-a-Long & chain in the bottom storage of the Can-Am. Wrapped the chain around the top of the Roll Bars & hooked Come-A-long to that / removed the tailgate / wrapped nylon rope around the Heart area of the Pig and was able to lift him high enough so we could load one end at a time. Told her after this was all finished if she shoots any thing bigger I am just going to drag it off for the Yotes. Any way here is the Pics. Congrats to my wife. hetman(AKA Steve)

P.S. after dropping pig @ processor we had to take our hunting clothes to a hot water car wash & power wash them & then run them thru a local laundry mat to get the Mud & smell out so we could do it again the next day(STupid)

great job

#6061028 - 12/01/15 04:06 PM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
food

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6061068 - 12/01/15 04:22 PM Re: W. Texas ThanksGiving Boar [Re: hetman]
Central texas Offline
Woodsman

Good hunt , good size slab of pork chef