3 pounds venison backstrap, cut into 2-inch steaks
4 oz lemon juice
4 oz soy sauce
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sliced green onionMarinade
4 oz lime juice
6 oz soy sauce
4 oz red wine
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ground black pepperDirections
1. Place venison in a shallow baking dish. Mix all marinade ingredients and pour over venison.
2. Refrigerate for 8 hours minimum, 24 is best
3. Remove meat from marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade
4. Heat a cast iron skillet to high. Sear meat for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Place meat on a plate and immediately put in the freezer (yes, the freezer!) for about 30-45 minutes.
6. After 30-45 minutes in the freezer, slice meat as thinly as possible and arrange on a platter.
7. Mix the lemon juice and soy sauce and pour over the venison slices.
8. Drizzle with the olive oil and top with the green onions.
9. If desired, add freshly ground pepper.
Putting the venison in the freezer immediately after cooking will do 2 things -
1. stop the meat from further cooking
2. Make it easier to slice paper thin