Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Muskrat Hut? [Re: BradyBuck] #6048600 11/25/15 02:54 AM
C
Creek2Creek Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
That has a mo marsh layout written all over it (layout on stilts). They are expensive too, but would look more natural. I have several soil conservation lakes and we use them when they back up like that.

Re: Muskrat Hut? [Re: Fooshman] #6050643 11/26/15 04:54 AM
G
Greekangler Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Originally Posted By: Greekangler
Originally Posted By: Central texas
It does work well just don't really hunt with it , almost every time I am in a layout blind. Don't care if it stays or don't , just sits in my garage. Ain't selling it up , just saying it does work and he can save a lot by buying a slightly used. Other than that I couldn't give a **** . Trying to help someone not desperate for money Fooshman

Derogatory comments are a norm here- get used to it- don't think FM meant anything by his comment though- he was being serious

I actually ordered a guilly suit- use jacket and face mask all the time- it's incredible

You are correct, I was just curious.

How's that ghilly working out? I always say I am going to get/make one.

They are incredible. Use one w dove stool - top and hoodie when I hunt sparse cover and don't feel like using a lay down blind. I have had ducks buzz me before landing within swatting distance. I use the hoodie late season in my blinds as well- hunting a small pond in am w little cover on south. - it's coming out for the first time this year

[Linked Image]
Take a kid Huntin
Re: Muskrat Hut? [Re: Creek2Creek] #6050652 11/26/15 04:59 AM
G
Greekangler Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Creek2Creek
That has a mo marsh layout written all over it (layout on stilts). They are expensive too, but would look more natural. I have several soil conservation lakes and we use them when they back up like that.

I use floating pontoon blind ( only 2 man) and have a sled blind on big soil conservation lake we hunt. Brushed up no issues- regardless of cover. Always hunt east side- cross wind- shadows help a lot

[Linked Image]
Take a kid Huntin
Re: Muskrat Hut? [Re: Esh and Hattie] #6057502 11/30/15 07:18 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Esh and Hattie
I think it would be alright to hunt out of, I fish in a float tube quite often and the only thing I can think of is how much of a PIA it would be to paddle that thing around. I think its hard enough to paddle any distance with fishing gear in a tshirt in open water let alone trying to tow decoys, keep gun and shells relatively dry, and paddling through weeds and stumps with a man made hang up all around me. I think about the only application would be get it to where you are hunting by some other means, and then float it as just a blind.

My thoughts.

Float tubing the Platte with a fly rod is a heck of a different ballgame than float tubing for puddlers in a muskrat love hut. Inflatables have an operating envelope optimized for carrying light loads in moving water that, at least in my perspective, would be a hindrance in a duck hunt, certainly not an asset.

Having float fished pontoon inflatables, it's a great way to spend a relaxing day on the river casting flys in nooks and crannies you wouldn't be able to fish otherwise. And cover a lot of water in the process.

Kayak, all the way.

Re: Muskrat Hut? [Re: BradyBuck] #6057757 11/30/15 02:35 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Dr. Jekyll is back!

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide