Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,119
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: passthru] #6130164 01/11/16 03:42 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: passthru
Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
I am trying to replace some camo. I had a set of ScentLok Coveralls in Mossy Oak's Treestand pattern that have suited me perfectly for the last five seasons, but they are showing their age. Apparently they no longer make these coveralls - much less in a pattern I like.

All I can find right now in the pattern I want is Under Armour. All of their products have that stupid fluorescent yellow/green accent on the zippers, pockets and don't forget their logo that is tattooed anywhere possible. I want camo that will help me blend in to the natural environment, not be a walking billboard for a company.

I HATE THAT!! Super annoyed that I can't replace what I used and really liked. mad soap

Plus most of it is made it Vietnam.

What hunting camo isn't?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6130194 01/11/16 03:56 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Iv always liked their products..

Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: TFF Caribou] #6135837 01/14/16 09:02 PM
D
duckbill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: Jbell99
I agree I was looking for a good jacket 3xl and I didn't care what I spent as long as it was going to keep me dry i tried two different academy's and ended up getting the same jacket I saw at the other location same size but different fit thought it was weird
Found lots of under armor but all had the logo now days everyone just wants clothes that ( look good) not practical one thing I hate about academy is they are getting away from true sportsman and outdoors and into look good

The neon logo isn't going to affect the usability of the camo. For the record, I don't own a single piece of under armor. It's out of my price range. But a deer isn't going to notice a bright logo IMO.

WRONG! I had a monster buck come to a tree line one day but wouldn't step out far enough to give me a shot. After the hunt I walked over to wear he had been standing and found a note that said "I only turn broadside for guys that hunt with Swarovski scopes." I'm not sure how he could tell I was shooting with Leupold glass, but he sure enough was brand sensitive.

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Yeah, don't listen to me. I'm just an idiot.

Originally Posted By: East
Lol. Duckbill that was funny!

Originally Posted By: thecoach
The dude up top has already taken lots of bone before this deer, both mule and whitetail.
Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: duckbill] #6135974 01/14/16 10:32 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: duckbill
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: Jbell99
I agree I was looking for a good jacket 3xl and I didn't care what I spent as long as it was going to keep me dry i tried two different academy's and ended up getting the same jacket I saw at the other location same size but different fit thought it was weird
Found lots of under armor but all had the logo now days everyone just wants clothes that ( look good) not practical one thing I hate about academy is they are getting away from true sportsman and outdoors and into look good

The neon logo isn't going to affect the usability of the camo. For the record, I don't own a single piece of under armor. It's out of my price range. But a deer isn't going to notice a bright logo IMO.

WRONG! I had a monster buck come to a tree line one day but wouldn't step out far enough to give me a shot. After the hunt I walked over to wear he had been standing and found a note that said "I only turn broadside for guys that hunt with Swarovski scopes." I'm not sure how he could tell I was shooting with Leupold glass, but he sure enough was brand sensitive.
rofl

Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6136265 01/15/16 01:15 AM
W
Will Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Y'all must be part of the same group that tells me I can't kill doves in jeans and my brush jacket...

Always chasing grey bullets.
Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6140715 01/18/16 03:38 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Well Bobo I suggest you start reading labels and you might find out how wrong that statement is. True, much of the crap you get at Acedemy is but other stuff isnt. Other foreign places possibly but not that little dump of the world.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6144059 01/20/16 01:39 AM
westexhunt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I have become more particular about clothing over the years. Partly because I can afford to now and partly because I want to enjoy the few hours I get to spend in the field. I've got some UA stuff, most purchased on clearance and I am well pleased with it. Most camo is far too dark for west Texas. UA ridge reaper barren ground seems to work well. Most of my camo is Cabelas outfitter camo that I have purchased from the bargain cave and I really am impressed with it. Natural gear is my favorite pattern for the desert. I've had critters walk right up within 5ft trying to figure out why a bush has eyes.

Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6216427 03/09/16 09:04 PM
H
huntnguide83 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
UA is one of our sponsors and I have just about every line/pattern they produce. The best one I can tell you to try given the complaints you mentioned is the Ridge Reaper. That pattern was a difficult one for me to transition to in fear of being to plain. But it's that simple plain pattern that has worked better for me all across the U.S. in blending in no matter the environment. Not to mention UA is the warmest clothes I've worn without having to have multiple layers on.

Re: Why does Under Armour Use that annoying color? [Re: passthru] #6217079 03/10/16 03:29 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: passthru
Well Bobo I suggest you start reading labels and you might find out how wrong that statement is. True, much of the crap you get at Acedemy is but other stuff isnt. Other foreign places possibly but not that little dump of the world.

I must eat this one and apologize to Bobo. I went to Cabela's the other day for something non clothing related. But they had plenty on clearance so I was grazing and well, Bobo was right. The vast majority of it, regardless of brand, was made in Vietnam. WTH is wrong with this world?????

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide