#6041269 - 11/20/15 07:13 PM Not good for patos
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Terlingua,TX

#6041275 - 11/20/15 07:15 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker

Loc: Texas
They will still migrate. It's what they do.

#6041281 - 11/20/15 07:17 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity

Yeah,they might just migrate much later.
I believe its gonna be a short season, and in february we will be loaded with patos

bang

#6041311 - 11/20/15 07:32 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
68A Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: North Texas
You've brought this up before. If you're that bothered, just sit at home, leaves more for everyone else.

#6041319 - 11/20/15 07:38 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy

Loc: Metroplex
Either water closes up or it doesn't. In North Texas Ducks will do what they always do bounce back and forth from Oklahoma, chasing open water

#6041357 - 11/20/15 08:17 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: 68A]
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: 68A
You've brought this up before. If you're that bothered, just sit at home, leaves more for everyone else.

mucho more

Edited by beaversnipe (11/20/15 08:17 PM)

#6041387 - 11/20/15 08:40 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe

mucho more

I normally don't say much, but your posts just show how much of a Barney topwater you are.

Like someone else mentioned...ducks will still migrate. My best years have been years like this. Just have to spend more time scouting to find them.

I know that is hard for a 'hardcore' pond popper, such as yourself, that simply waits and hopes ducks show up on the ponds you have leased. Or you could just hope that JJ can fit you in his schedule sometime.

#6041410 - 11/20/15 08:55 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
LarryCopper Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The Great State

"The greatest thing in the world is for a man to take his son hunting, because he won't ever have to hunt the streets for him tomorrow."
- Cowboy Fernandez

#6041415 - 11/20/15 08:59 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: RiverRunner]
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: RiverRunner

mucho more

I normally don't say much, but your posts just show how much of a Barney topwater you are.

Like someone else mentioned...ducks will still migrate. My best years have been years like this. Just have to spend more time scouting to find them.

I know that is hard for a 'hardcore' pond popper, such as yourself, that simply waits and hopes ducks show up on the ponds you have leased. Or you could just hope that JJ can fit you in his schedule sometime.

Man that's a lot of hate in one post. Somebody is jealous of the beaver.

#6041445 - 11/20/15 09:33 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: TTUhunter4]
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Duck blind
Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4

mucho more

Man that's a lot of hate in one post. Somebody is jealous of the beaver.

Some guys get jealous when a guy has a longer barrel than them.

#6041487 - 11/20/15 10:34 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
Ramball36 Offline

Loc: McKinney
Not when they're only using it on trashy birds

www.facebook.com/r2metalworks/

www.threecurl.com

#6041492 - 11/20/15 10:39 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Black Dog, Texas
Is this a private vs public thread?

Custom Crosses and Plaques

#6041517 - 11/20/15 11:18 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: beaversnipe]
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker

Everyone loves pounding the beaver. That's for sure

#6041531 - 11/20/15 11:53 PM Re: Not good for patos [Re: Fooshman]
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Is this a private vs public thread?

Well, its actually a lil more complicated this time, we have finally reached the PHD level of Duck University:

Private non guided vs private guided vs public guided vs public non guided, that is the question.

#6041541 - 11/21/15 12:50 AM Re: Not good for patos [Re: RiverRunner]
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity

mucho more

I was pointing out the fact that the big migration, imo, will be delayed this year due to warming conditions up north combined with a super el nino. Last year, with the multiple cold fronts early in November, I was killing limits around November 7, steady. We were blessed with a weekly arctic cold front to top that. We only have one week left till first split ends, and I have seen way less ducks in North Texas compared to last year. Even the reports on this forum are much weaker. Also the reports from a dozen of North Texas outfitters are poor. (But they all know the season really kicks in second split anyway). Sure the ducks will migrate, but you cant buy time, the clock is ticking, every duck killed in November in North Texas is a bonus (last year it was jackpot).
I personally would rather have a season from December 1st till February 15th with no split.

Fascinating how a de facto weather forecast by a reputable third party escalates to a much sought after and never ending beaver pounding again - truely invigorating. I'm impressed and overly amused. And to add on to your amusing assumptions, I do not lease any small body of waters that you poetically describe, and that It was only my third guided duckhunt with above mentioned outfitter since his inception (2009, I believe). Yes, I know, I apologize if I hunt with a guide 5-6 times a season. It becomes an absolute crime to the real duckhunter's pure soul. I apologize if I ever offended you. Outfitters should be held accountable with their promise of millions of migrating duck posts, I take the bait year after year after year bang Having said that, most of the guides I personally hand selected in Texas since 1998 became true friends over the years and have operations or connections out of state such as Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma and Kansas., and I truely enjoy these yearly road trips.

So after all these years of hunting I finally had the courage to ask the ducks what they really thought about all this public, private, camo, decoy placement, pond poppers, barneys, topwaters, above 50 acres lake hunters, after market chokes, ammo, facepaint, facemask, breathable waders, el nino, metrogun bla bla bla nonsense. So I drove to their headquarters, the famous Peabody Hotel in Memphis, TN. I waited patiently for my meeting. They listened to me talking for 6 hours and they never said one word, when I was finished and out of voice, every single duck gave me the finger followed by a unanimous F you.

Have a wonderfull weekend, stay warm and thank you for making me laugh.

Edited by beaversnipe (11/21/15 08:22 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide