Forums46
Topics537,698
Posts9,727,880
Members87,033
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: Erny] #6117420 01/04/16 04:51 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Erny
I own a yeti and it is a well built cooler and does keep ice longer than less expensive Coleman -igloo type coolers. But I will never purchase another till they start making them in the USA. The idea of paying 400 bucks for a cooler that is made in a third world country to avoid US labor and envirmental laws to me is absurd. I plan on purchasing a large rotomolded cooler soon, but it will be made in the USA.

Just my humble opinion.

Per the yeti website you can call them and get a cooler made in the USA......

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: DuckCoach1985] #6117727 01/04/16 03:11 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Honestly never would have bought one. After Christmas I now have 4 yeti products. I have used them all but the cooazie thing, gonna exchange it for one of the little cups if I can. The other cups work pretty good. I have a knock off roto molded cooler I have used a few times, have been impressed with how well it holds ice. For Christmas dinner with my parents I cooked a beef rib roast and all the sides and put them in my 125 qt codi cooler and closed it up for 3-4 hours and still burned myself cutting the roast before we ate.

That said all of mine have been gifts and I doubt I will ever buy any of them for myself till everything else in life I want more is bought and paid for.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: Erny] #6120941 01/06/16 01:33 AM
N
Nick1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
I own a yeti and it is a well built cooler and does keep ice longer than less expensive Coleman -igloo type coolers. But I will never purchase another till they start making them in the USA. The idea of paying 400 bucks for a cooler that is made in a third world country to avoid US labor and envirmental laws to me is absurd. I plan on purchasing a large rotomolded cooler soon, but it will be made in the USA.

Just my humble opinion.

Is that just a yeti thing? Or do you hold the same standard for your socks, shirts, furniture, tvs, cars, etc...

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: First_Chance] #6124063 01/07/16 06:40 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: First_Chance
My brother-in-law died back in 2013. we didn't have money for the funeral so we bought a yeti for him. He's been on the porch ever since (we open the top when we drink beer).

Yup.. thats pretty good right there roflmao

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: Nick1] #6132206 01/12/16 05:25 PM
M
MacDaddy21 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Nick1

Just my humble opinion.

Is that just a yeti thing? Or do you hold the same standard for your socks, shirts, furniture, tvs, cars, etc...

I share the same opinion, but regarding other high end rotomolded coolers. I'm NOT going to pay top dollar for a yeti made in the Phillipines where it should cut down on costs a ton when I can spend that kind of money and actually get something made in the USA.

Not to mention the fact that Yeti lies about their interior dimensions. NONE of their coolers match the quarts they claim to be when you actually measure them and do the calculations. Despite the Yeti craze and following, there are far better coolers out there for less money.

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: MacDaddy21] #6133976 01/13/16 06:33 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21

Just my humble opinion.

I share the same opinion, but regarding other high end rotomolded coolers. I'm NOT going to pay top dollar for a yeti made in the Phillipines where it should cut down on costs a ton when I can spend that kind of money and actually get something made in the USA.

Not to mention the fact that Yeti lies about their interior dimensions. NONE of their coolers match the quarts they claim to be when you actually measure them and do the calculations. Despite the Yeti craze and following, there are far better coolers out there for less money.

Don't know that the're far better.. IME they perform about the same. I just happened to get a yeti and was very impressed with their customer service. As a result, I've become a loyal customer. Even HEB has its own line of roto-molded awesomeness.. I wouldn't bash any of em bc they are all super tough and will all keep ice longer than their cheap counterparts. I feel like a company who will stand behind their product the way yeti did (in my experience) should be commended and at least get a second look when shopping around.

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: DuckCoach1985] #6134115 01/13/16 08:39 PM
J
J McCoy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
It's easy to keep ice for weeks when its near freezing every night roflmao

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: DuckCoach1985] #6135578 01/14/16 06:25 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
That's true, I don't live in north Texas and the original post happened a while back when it was still in the mid-high 80s

Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: MacDaddy21] #6135593 01/14/16 06:35 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21

Just my humble opinion.

Oh my. I'm surprised you didn't get banned for this. grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: Erny] #6161818 01/30/16 07:18 AM
S
soap Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I'm a believer. We go working and fishing out of town often. And the cheap $20 Walmart coolers don't cut it.

cattle master,
Re: For the Yeti Aggressors Who Say They Don't Work [Re: DuckCoach1985] #6165665 02/02/16 06:06 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I am a fishing guid in the spring and summer some customs bring a cooler a few brought yetis and after a day in the sun oping and closing them all day they didn't have a whole lot of ice left over compared to my anglo set

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide