Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: Navasot] #6041174 11/21/15 12:10 AM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Navasot
arrow fly.. I shoot... arrow hit good spot... animal die.. only white man waste arrows on targets

Thats funny! So if cams make the kenitic energy then rifling in barrel make it in firearms? Lite arrow go fast doesn't go as deep, heavy arrow go slower and sinks deeper correct? Lite bullet goes fast but easily deflected (wind. tree branch....) heavy bullet goes slow through brush and bucks wind with less drift? Someone help me here I was only a C student in school! I have figured out fast projectile regardless what it is can be fast miss, heavy projectile makes slow miss!Think I will go to bar and debate Coors Light verses Bud Light. bolt

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: RLoving1] #6041292 11/21/15 01:22 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: RLoving1
arrow fly.. I shoot... arrow hit good spot... animal die.. only white man waste arrows on targets

Thats funny! So if cams make the kenitic energy then rifling in barrel make it in firearms? Lite arrow go fast doesn't go as deep, heavy arrow go slower and sinks deeper correct? Lite bullet goes fast but easily deflected (wind. tree branch....) heavy bullet goes slow through brush and bucks wind with less drift? Someone help me here I was only a C student in school! I have figured out fast projectile regardless what it is can be fast miss, heavy projectile makes slow miss!Think I will go to bar and debate Coors Light verses Bud Light. bolt

So many people worried about penetration when the heart/lungs sit 2-3 inches from outside of the skin peep cheers

Last edited by Navasot; 11/21/15 01:23 AM.
Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: RLoving1] #6041642 11/21/15 01:34 PM
C
ChrisB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C

Budlight

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: jsplinter] #6041679 11/21/15 02:01 PM
B
bjankowski Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Dang I didn't mean to open a can of worms. up MY point being is that I want enough energy (call it what ever the $#$@# you want to call it, it's still K.E.) to ethically dispatch the animal I'm shooting at. I know that I don't have a problem putting the arrow in the vitals at 60 yards however; ETHICALLY that's now a probable shot due to weighing in factors that could result in maiming or shooting an unrecoverable animal.

So getting back to my first post; I would shoot out to 50 yards but only if the conditions and all the variables were right.

And Rloving; you choose, you know I don't drink. roflmao

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: ChrisB] #6041700 11/21/15 02:13 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: ChrisB

Budlight

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: jsplinter] #6041715 11/21/15 02:22 PM
W
Walkabout Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Wow not sure how this got so complicated but lots of good information above. As long as I can see EXACTLY where where I want to hit I can take the shot. So pretty much don't use a range finder anymore. If you are still in your late 20's you may get a chuckle out of this in 40 years.

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: RLoving1] #6041793 11/21/15 03:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

It's a system the energy is in the limb, cam system is is what transfers the energy efficiently to the arrow.

Coorslight

KE and Momentum are just measurements one is directional the other isn't.

My set the arrow with a two blade board 1 1/8 cut still has enough momentum at a 100yards to pass try the vital of a 300lb animal. Wether the animal is still there when it gets there is a different story

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6041830 11/21/15 03:40 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Now I'm on board with Bobo since he said Coors Light! Those Budlight yahoos just lost a fan! whip I'm still comfy shooting out to 30 of critters. up

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: jsplinter] #6041835 11/21/15 03:47 PM
B
bjankowski Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Coors Light?... barf good grief, it's only good to clean out bird cages. I don't drink anymore but when I did, I didn't drink that poop made in the U.S.A. banana banana

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: bjankowski] #6041961 11/21/15 05:33 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Coors Light?... barf good grief, it's only good to clean out bird cages. I don't drink anymore but when I did, I didn't drink that poop made in the U.S.A. banana banana

Lol, so it's not made in Golden anymore? I'm actually a yellow belly fan smile

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: jsplinter] #6042011 11/21/15 06:16 PM
B
bjankowski Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
From K.E. to cold beer . laugh
My favs when I drank beer were listed in order to preference.
Guinness, and Guinness Extra Stout, Stella Artois, Chimay, Becks, Heineken, and Paulaner Hefeweizen and most of the import winter fest lagers. I got spoiled when I lived in Europe; after than I was ruined.

Re: Whats your maximum range? [Re: bjankowski] #6042033 11/21/15 06:39 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: bjankowski
From K.E. to cold beer . laugh
My favs when I drank beer were listed in order to preference.
Guinness, and Guinness Extra Stout, Stella Artois, Chimay, Becks, Heineken, and Paulaner Hefeweizen and most of the import winter fest lagers. I got spoiled when I lived in Europe; after than I was ruined.

It's THF, where ever the wind takes us.
Never been a dark beer fan.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide