DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: SMTX

Anyone else's blood boiling yet? bang

#6034778 - 11/17/15 11:04 AM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
George - w/ Map My Ranch Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
Saw the before pic and back story a couple months ago of this photo...allegedly, the doe was hit by a car. And, from what I understand the car didn't even have a hunting license!

"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB

#6034783 - 11/17/15 11:05 AM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker

roflmao

#6034803 - 11/17/15 11:13 AM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
hook_n_line Offline
Extreme Tracker

Probably hit by a transplant Californian to Texas. peep

#6034972 - 11/17/15 12:46 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
TWT95 Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Plano, TX
It was either hit by a car or an illegal kill out of season. Fawns are not that small by the time hunting season comes around. That fawn is probably not more than a week old. More liberal media type propaganda.

#6034978 - 11/17/15 12:50 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: TWT95]
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: TWT95
It was either hit by a car or an illegal kill out of season. Fawns are not that small by the time hunting season comes around. That fawn is probably not more than a week old. More liberal media type propaganda.

For the record, I know this. Posting bc of how stupid whoever made this picture really is.

#6035076 - 11/17/15 01:37 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Rough deal.

First thought I had when I saw it was hit by a car. I have seen fawns similar to a little bigger in bow season. I would not shoot a doe with a fawn that looked like that.

Simple fact of the matter is mother nature while can be cute and cuddly is sometimes a cold cruel B!*&H! Could have just as easily been killed by yotes, lion, etc... and then it the fawn would be dead all the same.

#6035496 - 11/17/15 04:36 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
wtr Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: West COMMA Texas
Do they get mad at a lion when it kills a gazelle? flag

Edited by wtr (11/17/15 04:36 PM)

#6035692 - 11/17/15 06:09 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
rattler03 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Richardson - Archer County
Also ... how many of you kill because its fun? I personally don't really get a lot of satisfaction out of the actual killing part of hunting.

I love the planning, the scouting, the work getting ready for season, the act of waiting, sitting, watching, trying to figure out what I need to change in my approach to get a chance at a buck that isn't cooperating with my original strategy, I enjoy camp comradery, spending time outdoors with family and friends, teaching others about hunting, learning something new ... and preparing, cooking and eating wild game ... I get buck fever before the shot and I anticipate walking up on a down animal ... but the actual act of killing an animal is not something that I particularly get a lot of enjoyment out of or an act I would call "fun."

How do y'all feel about the actual act of killing a big game animal?
-Robert Earl Keen

#6035896 - 11/17/15 07:38 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
I don't separate the harvesting of a game animal from the rest of the process. The food plot planting, tree planting and managing the land is all part of the "fun" for me, but getting an animal is my goal. As a whole, it is fun for me.

Folks that use an argument "like the photo", have a weak case against something they personally don't understand, have to use false information and misleading things to push their agenda.I don't bother them when they do their "tree hugging" and don't need them bothering me for what I like to do. As long as it is legal, I will enjoy myself and will defend what I do.

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6036068 - 11/17/15 08:48 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
Fooshman Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Black Dog, Texas
Either way, the pic is sad. frown

Custom Crosses and Plaques

#6036211 - 11/17/15 09:45 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker

I've killed a sow and had her entire litter of footballs run right up to me and hang around as I loaded her in the back of the truck. Felt like the biggest POS on the planet at the time, and I still hate that it happened that way but it's all part of it. I make a point to not shoot the doe with her yearlings still hanging around. I know they don't depend on her anymore but.. can't do it.

What makes me mad about that pic is what western said, people trying to push their agenda with false and misleading information.

#6036264 - 11/17/15 10:13 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: rattler03]
Ramsey Online   content
Pepe' Le Pew

Loc: Grayson County
Originally Posted By: rattler03
Also ... how many of you kill because its fun? I personally don't really get a lot of satisfaction out of the actual killing part of hunting.

I love the planning, the scouting, the work getting ready for season, the act of waiting, sitting, watching, trying to figure out what I need to change in my approach to get a chance at a buck that isn't cooperating with my original strategy, I enjoy camp comradery, spending time outdoors with family and friends, teaching others about hunting, learning something new ... and preparing, cooking and eating wild game ... I get buck fever before the shot and I anticipate walking up on a down animal ... but the actual act of killing an animal is not something that I particularly get a lot of enjoyment out of or an act I would call "fun."

harvesting a deer is exactly that, alot of satisfaction in the time and effort that I put in. KILLING YOTES AND PIGS IS A HIGH AND YES I GET OFF ON KILL OK NG THEM

#6036307 - 11/17/15 10:33 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: Ramsey]
rattler03 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Richardson - Archer County
Originally Posted By: Ramsey
Originally Posted By: rattler03

harvesting a deer is exactly that, alot of satisfaction in the time and effort that I put in. KILLING YOTES AND PIGS IS A HIGH AND YES I GET OFF ON KILL OK NG THEM

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like I separate the killing part of deer hunting from all the other stuff I listed. I know that it is the pinnacle act of the whole process, but what I meant is that the killing part is not something I personally would actually call fun. Maybe I just treat it differently than others, but that's the way my Dad taught me. He would always say a prayer as we knelt over a freshly recovered deer, and that left a big impression on me as a young hunter. It wasn't a time to celebrate, it was a time to respect and appreciate the magnitude of the purposeful taking of a life.

As for varmints and hogs, I don't feel the same way. Hogs, especially are a serious nuisance and should be killed and killed often.
-Robert Earl Keen

#6036367 - 11/17/15 11:33 PM Re: This is a good one [Re: DuckCoach1985]
B_Rod Offline
Bird Dog

The liberal media is a beast and deception is a big part of their MO, so I'm not surprised by the photo captions.

I'm actually new to hunting; last season was my first year, and I have to admit that those kills were not 'fun.' Better adjectives would be exciting, cautious, harvesting...and perhaps mindful. Mindful of the blessings the Lord has provided me and my family. And the natural order of things in a world filled with predators and prey. Putting fresh meat on my family's table, honoring the kill and ensuring nothing was wasted was enough for me, I suppose, to get past the unpleasantness of the kill. I like the prayer idea from Rattler03's father and vow to do the same for my future kills. Thanks for the thoughtful insight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide