Re: Topwater [Re: Fishuhalik] #6032891 11/16/15 08:34 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Fishuhalik
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
What about the guy that only wears his whitey tighteys under his waders

True story

That's me. Well, at least it's boxers. So yeah, I wear my waders when I go to eat after a hunt and I still have my face paint on. But, unlike you "real" hunters, I'm not scared of a little work for my birds. After I walk for miles through mud, water and anything else in between me and a limit of birds and carry an 80lb bag full of dekes, gun plus (usually) a full strap of birds on the way back, I'm soaked in sweat, I smell like sin and look like crap. Guess I need to shower, put on my skinny jeans and make sure I look pretty like you guys if I wanna be a real hunter. Good thing I've never really cared what other people think of me. If it makes ya feel better, go right ahead & call me a Barney, topwater, or whatever else ya want.

You got the guys on here wrong. Lots of us do all that work too, just don't give handouts. I ask bunches of questions here and always get good info. Took all the newbie crap like everybody else and weeded through it to get to the good stuff. I even lake named my first few posts.

Re: Topwater [Re: Ramball36] #6032893 11/16/15 08:35 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
What about the guy that only wears his whitey tighteys under his waders

True story

Been there! It was too warm to wear anything else uunder the waders.

Re: Topwater [Re: Erichugh22] #6032898 11/16/15 08:37 PM
F
Fishuhalik Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: Erichugh22
Originally Posted By: Fishuhalik
Ps, if ya wanna make some new hunting partners, wear all your camo & face paint in to lunch bo guarantee, if there's another guy in there that hunts, he'll ask ya how the hunt went. About 2 weeks ago I was at a gas station all camo'ed up & struck up a conversation with another guy filling up his pickup. Turns out he has a ranch with 5000 acres about 5 miles from my shop & no one hunting it. He was kind enough to offer me full hunting rights, free of charge, if I helped him with some chores around the ranch from time to time.

Did he invite you before or after he found out you didn't wear pants under your waders?

I didn't feel the need to share that particular piece of info with him at the moment haha!! If any of you guys have never tried going in your skivvies under your waders, it's awesome. This emoji is very appropriate...if ya catch my drift banana

Cigarettes are like hamsters. Perfectly harmless til you put it in your mouth & light it on fire
Re: Topwater [Re: Fishuhalik] #6032921 11/16/15 08:47 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
What is a Topwater

Back in the early days of the internet regarding duck hunting I saw topwater used on rec hunting and posted on some early forums in the Arkansas and eastern US area, but it never really seemed to catch on around my area and it's use on the internet died out for a while. So though we all know what Barney means, there was still a void in duck hunting slang to describe the seasoned hunter who does the same thing as a Barney. So "Topwater Wonder" came about. A Topwater Wonder would be the "Barney" that has declared himself an experienced hunter and now goes around telling everyone what an awesome hunter he is, e.g. they see themselves as a "Wonder". Wonder is defined in the dictionary as a person who arouses awe and admiration. A Barney is used by most hunters today to describe an inexperienced hunter that unintentionally disrespects and screws up other hunter's hunts. a Topwater Wonder is kind of like a Barney, but different in that though they have years worth of hunting experience they still disrespect other hunters and screw up other hunters hunts. Only now they justify doing so intentionally because to them everyone else on the water is just an inexperienced Barney.

Re: Topwater [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #6033038 11/16/15 09:46 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
TLTR

Re: Topwater [Re: Ramball36] #6033198 11/16/15 11:03 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
TLTR

Cliff note version:

Barney = Rookie
Topwater = Experienced Jackwagon

Re: Topwater [Re: Sniper John] #6033354 11/17/15 12:20 AM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
What is a Topwater

Back in the early days of the internet regarding duck hunting I saw topwater used on rec hunting and posted on some early forums in the Arkansas and eastern US area, but it never really seemed to catch on around my area and it's use on the internet died out for a while. So though we all know what Barney means, there was still a void in duck hunting slang to describe the seasoned hunter who does the same thing as a Barney. So "Topwater Wonder" came about. A Topwater Wonder would be the "Barney" that has declared himself an experienced hunter and now goes around telling everyone what an awesome hunter he is, e.g. they see themselves as a "Wonder". Wonder is defined in the dictionary as a person who arouses awe and admiration. A Barney is used by most hunters today to describe an inexperienced hunter that unintentionally disrespects and screws up other hunter's hunts. a Topwater Wonder is kind of like a Barney, but different in that though they have years worth of hunting experience they still disrespect other hunters and screw up other hunters hunts. Only now they justify doing so intentionally because to them everyone else on the water is just an inexperienced Barney.

It's hard not to laugh when you run into guys like that in the field!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide