facebook
Forum Stats
60442 Members
45 Forums
475817 Topics
6242025 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6031223 - 11/15/15 07:00 PM Have I ever told you.....
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Rockport, Tx.
that I love shooting pigs? grin Well, in case you didn't know now you do. It's been an addiction of mine for a long time. Made a deer hunt yesterday evening, was pretty quiet then 4 pigs came out. It is very rare that I don't shoot a pig when I see one, regardless of the time of year. Had a big huisache grown up blocking that window where the porkers were so didn't have a shot. I waited as they fed down the road towards me and as soon as one of the bigger ones cleared the bush it was bang flop. The old trusty 243 shooting Winchester Silvertips opened up a nice hole at close range. Fat girl is gonna eat good. roflmao

Anyway, 10 minutes after the shot the deer started coming out. 3 from one direction 7 from another, lots of young does and twins. Pigs came back out behind the deer, was gonna shoot another but was a ways out and getting dark so passed (no didn't bring night vision stuff). Taking an old feller out for his first pig hunt closer to home tomorrow night. Hopefully it will work out. Thanks for looking.

#6031228 - 11/15/15 07:02 PM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

cheers Kill them all rifle
nidea What flavor Blue Bell goes with pork grin

#6031312 - 11/15/15 07:34 PM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: stxranchman]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

roflmao Buttered Pecan, or Strawberry yeh Strawberry! grin

So we have a new neighbor that borders that little tract where I was hunting. I heard their feeder go off behind me eek2 (yes, this blind is on a fence line and has been for a long time). Not long after their feeder went off I shot that pig on the road down our fence line. It is thick between us so can't easily see exactly where their blind is located but regardless, of course, I will not shoot in the direction of the neighbors property. About 20 minutes after I shot the pig someone starts laying on the horn, and I mean LAYING on that sucker. They drove down their fence line, down a stretch of county road in front of me, and then turned (I think judging by sound and tire tracks) into the new easement that we are providing for them, just blowing the horn like crazy. Of course spooking the deer that I was watching. My first thought, there could be an emergency and I better go see what is going on. My second thought, I probably scared the crap out of whoever was hunting on their side when I shot and probly spooked whatever they were watching. This new neighbor has been an arse to deal with so far, (he and his wife, pretty rude and seem temper mental). I was actually hoping that the horn blower would be waiting for me to get to my truck if they had a problem, hopefully we could talk without things getting stupid, but they just blew the horn like crazy and left. This otta be an interesting year roflmao

#6031501 - 11/15/15 08:36 PM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
CRAnderson52 Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Highland Village, Texas
Nice shot!

#6031519 - 11/15/15 08:41 PM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
Wilhunt Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: New Braunfels, San Saba county
Make mine Buttered Pecan after fried pork backstrap. That is the best place to shoot them.

#6031526 - 11/15/15 08:43 PM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: Wilhunt]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: wilhunt
Make mine Buttered Pecan after fried pork backstrap. That is the best place to shoot them.

Hmnnnnn buttered pecan.

#6031765 - 11/15/15 11:01 PM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
up

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#6031843 - 11/16/15 05:29 AM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: dogcatcher]
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
up

#6031880 - 11/16/15 06:33 AM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
Pitchfork Predator Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
Well done. up

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#6032273 - 11/16/15 09:48 AM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
lsbrim Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

roflmao Buttered Pecan, or Strawberry yeh Strawberry! grin

So we have a new neighbor that borders that little tract where I was hunting. I heard their feeder go off behind me eek2 (yes, this blind is on a fence line and has been for a long time). Not long after their feeder went off I shot that pig on the road down our fence line. It is thick between us so can't easily see exactly where their blind is located but regardless, of course, I will not shoot in the direction of the neighbors property. About 20 minutes after I shot the pig someone starts laying on the horn, and I mean LAYING on that sucker. They drove down their fence line, down a stretch of county road in front of me, and then turned (I think judging by sound and tire tracks) into the new easement that we are providing for them, just blowing the horn like crazy. Of course spooking the deer that I was watching. My first thought, there could be an emergency and I better go see what is going on. My second thought, I probably scared the crap out of whoever was hunting on their side when I shot and probly spooked whatever they were watching. This new neighbor has been an arse to deal with so far, (he and his wife, pretty rude and seem temper mental). I was actually hoping that the horn blower would be waiting for me to get to my truck if they had a problem, hopefully we could talk without things getting stupid, but they just blew the horn like crazy and left. This otta be an interesting year roflmao

What a bunch of idiots! Good luck dealing with Mr. and Mrs. Stupid!

#6032335 - 11/16/15 10:09 AM Re: Have I ever told you..... [Re: skinnerback]
SniperRAB Online   content
GRAMPS!!!

Loc: Nurturing Biosphere Mothership
Earhole em all up

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide