1) never saw a deer vomit before, looked like that anyway. she did not seem to care.
2) Hawk flying low, three does looked up and followed his flight for a few seconds.
3) Does blowing hard at young buck, or blowing for yearlings to come on so she could away from young buck, not sure which. She was not blowing at me, and I heard her again deep in the woods. Other deer seemed to ignore it until the young fella showed himself.
4) I have never seen does flat out hull butt away from these two young bucks they way they have the past few days. In the deer world these boys must be homely or nerds. These does go head down full stride into the thick woods. The small clearing I hunt empties out. Young fellas ruined my fun two days straight chasing away the females.
5) Flapping arms like your trying fly scares hogs away, that was Sunday morning, they have not been back. Crazy human. Five minutes later doe and yearling entered the area, quiet scare tactics work best.
One thing I already knew...hours and hours in the blind, and I saw the mature 8 point half a mile up the road from behind my windshield as I am leaving this afternoon; he came to say try again Friday. hahaha
I saw a lot of deer, and watching young deer is always fun, I had 11 deer opening evening in a half acre clearing, and six were yearlings. Wow, the old boys did their work last year. At least one is button buck, maybe two.