6241967 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#6021010 - 11/10/15 08:48 AM would this irritate you? it did me
Sparky45 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Big Country
we were driving out to our land and on a county road which is several miles from a small town. I was in the lead and my 16 year old son behind me in his vehicle.
My wife with me and his younger sister with him.
We came up to a point in the road with about a 10 acre clearing and about knee high grass. As I was driving I noticed something moving in the grass. It was a big sounder of hogs. Reds, calico, black and whites, just moving close together as one mass. I slowed down wanting to point it out to the kids. My daughter hasn't seen wild hogs in person and my son only a couple times.
I tapped the brake, waved out the window to him to slow down, he, being cautious, thought I wanted him to stop, so I stopped and backed up to him. we were pulled over somewhat, and NOT blocking the road. There were no other cars around at the time and it was a fairly straight stretch of road and visibility was good.
we were in between the back of my truck and the front of his and I was pointing out the pigs. Both of the kids thought it was a pretty cool thing. After maybe a minute, I got back in my truck and started to drive off. I noticed in my rear view mirror a truck coming in behind my sons truck as he was starting to get back in. I continued to drive away, slowly, thinking nothing of it and I made the first turn and pulled back over making sure he caught up to me and he was ok.

The other truck followed us both until our turn off.

When we got there he told me that the driver of the truck stopped and got out and started video taping him and his sister and his truck!
What a jerk. He continued videoing and my son never spoke a word to him and the guy remained silent as my son got back into his truck and pulled away.

The only thing I could figure is that this guy thought we were road hunting?

not sure, but isn't this going a little too far? We had no weapons out, for all he knew we had a flat and was assisting each other. But he just stops and gets out and started videoing....

#6021015 - 11/10/15 08:50 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
TexFlip Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Harris County
People are weird.

#6021017 - 11/10/15 08:51 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
A little, but not too much.

#6021019 - 11/10/15 08:51 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: TexFlip]
Sparky45 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
People are weird.

and getting weirder

#6021025 - 11/10/15 08:54 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
deewayne2003 Offline

What you have encountered is the "iPhone video zombie"......These are the same people who protest cops and think they can do anything they want as long as they have a cell phone or other video camera recording what the other person is doing.

Its regrettable but this virus is spreading to even rural people as it has become the norm to act stupid, instead of simply pulling up and politely asking whats going on.

#6021033 - 11/10/15 08:58 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
I don't know what to tell you, he definitely could have handled things better, but if I was driving up to our property and saw two truckloads of people stopped out of their vehicle and actively watching game on my property, the first thing to come to my mind wouldn't be "oh here is a stand up guy with his kids enjoying the splendor of the outdoors" I wouldn't have gotten out of the vehicle. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

#6021040 - 11/10/15 09:01 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
Everybody line up facing away from him and 3. 2. 1. Moon!

I have a short attention spa

#6021045 - 11/10/15 09:03 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
txtrophy85 Online   content
THF Celebrity

He probably lives in the area and has problems with poachers and road hunters

#6021064 - 11/10/15 09:14 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
BOBO the Clown Online   content
decoy

Loc: Metroplex
GPS coordinates on pics or video are a helpful enforcement tool.

Probably has a poacher issue

#6021066 - 11/10/15 09:16 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Cast]
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: SMTX
Originally Posted By: Cast
Everybody line up facing away from him and 3. 2. 1. Moon!

This was my first thought. Seems like the logical response up

#6021074 - 11/10/15 09:19 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: redchevy]
Sparky45 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I don't know what to tell you, he definitely could have handled things better, but if I was driving up to our property and saw two truckloads of people stopped out of their vehicle and actively watching game on my property, the first thing to come to my mind wouldn't be "oh here is a stand up guy with his kids enjoying the splendor of the outdoors" I wouldn't have gotten out of the vehicle. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

The hogs were not on his land
He lives way down the road
As far as I know he has no interest in the place we were looking at

#6021077 - 11/10/15 09:20 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: txtrophy85]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
He probably lives in the area and has problems with poachers and road hunters

I can get behind this, but real country folk used to stop and introduce themselves. Guess that has changed too. I wouldn't worry about it.

#6021079 - 11/10/15 09:22 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
txtrophy85 Online   content
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Sparky45
Originally Posted By: redchevy

The hogs were not on his land
He lives way down the road
As far as I know he has no interest in the place we were looking at

Ok so he may have been looking out for his neighbor

Why didn't you pull over and introduce yourself?

#6021092 - 11/10/15 09:28 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Sparky45]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
Another angle in a Hypothetical THF post:

""Would this irritate you? We have had terrible poaching problems, anyway. I was out hunting my 10 acres that adjoins a country road, waiting on hogs and maybe a buck when 2 trucks come rolling down the road and can you believe they stop to look at the hogs I was waiting on! By the time I got to my truck, they where leaving, but I did what many of you recommend and took video of one of the drivers and the truck he was in, then I followed them to an entrance gate down the road. Do y'all think I should notify the game GW and/or sheriff?, since these people could be who has been poaching around here?""

I wouldn't read anything into it, you where on a public road, as was the other "truck". I think what you where doing probably looked more suspicious than what he did. Only thing you may have done , is stepped out and tried to meet the people, but I doubt you knew he had videoed at the time. I wouldn't loose another thought over it

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#6021096 - 11/10/15 09:31 AM Re: would this irritate you? it did me [Re: Western]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Western
Another angle in a Hypothetical THF post:

""Would this irritate you? We have had terrible poaching problems, anyway. I was out hunting my 10 acres that adjoins a country road, waiting on hogs and maybe a buck when 2 trucks come rolling down the road and can you believe they stop to look at the hogs I was waiting on! By the time I got to my truck, they where leaving, but I did what many of you recommend and took video of one of the drivers and the truck he was in, then I followed them to an entrance gate down the road. Do y'all think I should notify the game GW and/or sheriff?, since these people could be who has been poaching around here?""

I wouldn't read anything into it, you where on a public road, as was the other "truck". I think what you where doing probably looked more suspicious than what he did. Only thing you may have done , is stepped out and tried to meet the people, but I doubt you knew he had videoed at the time. I wouldn't loose another thought over it

Ding Ding my thoughts exactly!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide