Print Thread
Looking for Vets #6001110 10/30/15 02:36 AM
G
gonehunting Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
I'm looking to take some vets on some hog,deer,turkey,and varmint hunts if you served and have a honorable discharge wounded or not pm me for details

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6001218 10/30/15 03:33 AM
J
jsplinter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Hey sir that's great, thank you very much for supporting vets

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6020408 11/10/15 02:39 AM
I
imeccentric Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I
Now THAT is how you thank a vet. My hat is off to you, wish I was closer:)

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6030045 11/15/15 04:38 AM
M
mossberg man Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
pm sent.

she said ,why does that ammo have pretty green tips on it? the guy said its the eco-friendy ammo.
Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6030304 11/15/15 03:05 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
PM sent. Thanks from an old Vet.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6039677 11/20/15 01:34 AM
C
claytonglover Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
PM sent and thank you!!

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6044459 11/23/15 04:57 AM
G
Guero Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
PM sent bud

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6047933 11/24/15 09:56 PM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
up

flag

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6070329 12/07/15 05:47 AM
G
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
I have a youth hunt for this weekend to qualify you must have received a Purple Heart and have been deployed several times it's not me asking it's the sponsor

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6071207 12/07/15 07:10 PM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
i have 2 deployment and purple hears can send you a copy of them is you like but my son is 18 he as never been able to get a deer in texas either have I for that mater but we are stuck hunting ft hood were it seems that most the guids or so called guids are just out for them selfs and there friends I found our the hard way this year. my number is 254 319 3188 if we would qualify I dont have the money to pay to hunt on someones land and the guys I was suppose to hunt on there farms for taking them fishing all spring and summer tried to hit me up for several hundred saying they discounted it deeply for me. but that was not our deal i and with there dad I dont have land here in texas and ft hood is on the buddy system the better buddy you are with the area guid the better they help you out I am 100% disabled as you can tell my spelling and grammar are not great that is because i was struck in the head after an ied when off near me and i lost a lot of my memory I had to relearn to read and write and i really struggle with it along wth a bad back and pinch nerves do to being blown out to the back of the the truck i was gunning when an ied went off under us. i just want to hunt and it seems if you dont have a lot of money you are pretty much out of luck or stuck to FT HOOD were it is 60$ for permits and license i have been out a lot this hear and have yet to see anything it doesn't help the guids have put in an areas i ould not see more then 20 yrds put in in an are were i could only shoot strait do the the airport on one side and the highway on the other placed in a blind that was in the middle of and illegal dumping are. then got in a fight with the guid when i took a little walk around looking for any and of signs. this weekend i was placed in a blind that was rotted out and one that had a huge bees hive in it. being a disable they are suppose to give me a little hand on guid would not even take me to my blind he pulled over and said it that was about 300yrds took me an hour to fined it i was place in an are were you had to have 4wheel drive only are and the guid did not want to take me to my stand but if your buddy with them they take care of you I am not lucky enough to know anyone as i stay home do to my back injury and ptsd my number is 254 319 3188 if it is possible i have the paper work pictures of medials dd-214 anything you need I under stand the reson to verify . in the spring and summer i am a fishing guid for channel cats I make and sell bait and use the money to take other disabled vets family members of fallen soldiers a lot of the kids have not been fishing since there loss if they dont have there own fishing rods and reels i buy the one I keep no money for my self none when i first started i just took a few of the guyses word for it. one guy was disabled he was not a vet and he only did 3 yrs before being kicked out he is in a wheel chair because he was drunk and riding a motor cycle. now like this person i require proof a disability rating from the army or va copy or the medial award dd-214's I did 2 tours my send tours was close t 19mons it was only suppose to be 12 then we got extended. I injury from my first deployment got worse and i was unable to go on patrols and our supply SGT got nocked up by someone who was not her husband. so they stuck me in there it was the best job i had in the army besides aviation supply every one kisses your but because they want something we trie to hunt ft hood because every one who said i can hunt on there land wanted money when it came time to hunt even after I took them fishing numbers times i ask for nothing not even help with gas and the one lake i go to is 2hr away. I do guided fishing trips cheap really cheap for military police paramedics firemen a lot of times i just as to split the full with me and warn them they possible my have to drive back depending on my back I have several veterbra fused and pinched nerve roots so my legs give out on ft hood i was having trouble and my so called guid is suppose to help me to my stand he just pointed and side its up there about 300yrs in the dark will my stuff it took me a while to get fined it. i was place in a stand the was wrotted this weekend i was put in a stand were i could only shoot straight wich meant i was shooting over the hight it shot one side i was shoot at the air port the other side was the highway the so called guys use FT HOOD and there own personal hunting grounds for them and there friend. Not all are like this but it seems the younger ones and th guys who were not in the military. for instance i went in for a drawing hunt because i did not get a reservation i shoed up at 215am before most the guids and ask for a number for the drawing i was told to wait as soon as a few other guys came in that were friends with one of the are guids the guid gave them numbers and signed them up to his area this took place several times finally i get went a a number it is suppose to be first come first serve but there are those few who dont care the weekend before I was with an older guy and his son they go in to there ares and count through the week so they know what stands would produce and wich ones are dead. i heard this goes on but i never had to deal with it before because i know someone who's dad and 200acres but the family sold it when he passed away. I would be willing to trade someone hunt for fishing trips I have a 21ft CC boat. I am very sorry for my spelling and grammar i do the best i can i dont see letters and words like most people its kind of like being severely dyslexic and having a horrible short term memory my number is 245 319 3188 if we are eligible i can send you any paper work you need I have shot more deer then i can remember in ny we would get our 3-4 regular seasons tags pause we let the amish guy next door use and accord for crops so we got extra tag each year and newcens tags I have been process by farmer and there that we could use there land only to want money at the last minet like i said I get a va check and can not afford these hunts on to mention two guy know used cargos list to go hot hunting pretty cheap something i always wanted to do the did not check the property out first they guy had no hogs on his land and the pictures he was using were from 5yrs ago he let so many hunter in the killed and ran off the pigs so the were out the money they gave the guy

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6091444 12/19/15 12:16 AM
N
NMGW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
That's a good thing you are doing. I am a Navy Vet., hoping to retire to Texas in about 3 years. flag

New Mexico: Not Really New, Not Really Mexico
Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6099457 12/24/15 08:06 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I went on one of these hunts to a game ranch it was a pretty nice outing other then being told we were going to take trophy classe deer then the rancher saying only 8points and not something that could be a trophy in a few years so i took a tiny eight point he did let me take a doe as well to make up for it so that was better in my option i would rather have 2 deer to eat the one I dont care about trophy horns any how i cant eat them the other guy that went with me missed all his shots he did not have is gun zeroed and was shooing about way under need them he sold his gun to my buddy for 200$ it was a singly shot 243 New England Fire arms single shot with a Nikon scope that was worth more the 200 if i would have known that i would have bought it

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6099929 12/24/15 05:39 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Was it free? If so why are you complaining about what you got to shoot?

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: SapperTitan] #6100837 12/25/15 05:50 AM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Was it free? If so why are you complaining about what you got to shoot?

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: chemdawg] #6100903 12/25/15 10:11 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: chemdawg
I went on one of these hunts to a game ranch it was a pretty nice outing other then being told we were going to take trophy classe deer then the rancher saying only 8points and not something that could be a trophy in a few years so i took a tiny eight point he did let me take a doe as well to make up for it so that was better in my option i would rather have 2 deer to eat the one I dont care about trophy horns any how i cant eat them the other guy that went with me missed all his shots he did not have is gun zeroed and was shooing about way under need them he sold his gun to my buddy for 200$ it was a singly shot 243 New England Fire arms single shot with a Nikon scope that was worth more the 200 if i would have known that i would have bought it

Ever.heard.of.paragraphs.and.punctuation? grin

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6103604 12/27/15 10:04 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
At one time but an ied took care of that along with my memory do a quick search. By our should not be so quick to put someone down. I had my skull busted open and lost my memory to in cloud reading and writing I didn't even know who my wife was for the for a while So no I don't know I would not go bashing me like this some of the members will jump all over you for it. I have not been here a lot but I get a lot of respect from the guys here I posted up just one one of my hmmves after it was hit and I lost my memory

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: chemdawg] #6108188 12/29/15 07:41 PM
G
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
I send the vets on a hunt not to garranty them a deer the meaning behind all of this is getting them out in the outdoors to help them out I'm a vet myself and anytime I get to get out in the outdoors no matter the outcome I get to get things off of my mind and meet other vets and meet knew friends to talk to it's always good to talk with others that knows your situation

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6109003 12/30/15 03:48 AM
C
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
guys dont feel like your taking hand outs or begging alone to take you hunting or fishing I am a licensed catfish guid service I make catfish bait that works very very well and does not stick every penne i make from both of those goes back in to taking disabled vets cat fishing if there active duty or just retired i normally dont charge them anything but split the cost of the top with them a lot of catfish guids on Texes fishing forum hate me for posting up craigslist adds campaign most guids to me and they did not like it most of them church about 400-500$ for just 4-5 hr of fishing most do care if you cant any some dont we cant alway make the fish bite but some will take your money and give you a free trip wich is fine they are loosing that day to make sure you have a good time and get what you paid for me i just give you your money back and set up a new date discounted I only charge 350$ for lake limestone its 2hr drive from me and lake Waco its about and hour away i charg 250$ for 4-5 people from sun up till sun down most guids that 400-500$ is for 2 people and 50-100 each person after that i also fish from sun up till 3-4 pm were other only fish till 12-1 at most a few will stay longer but most my customers on lake limestone limit out and i get hired on the spot when people see the coolers of fishing for a while i was getting to busy to keep up i was book 6 days a week for about 2 weeks but after the 3dr day of this i coolant even get dressed so i would take on of my sons do be my hand they would get tipped and they could have because they bust there [censored] doing ever thing i cant do for you and i supply every thing rods reels a cooler for your doing all you have to bring is a cooler to put your fish in i cant stand and clean them for you or i would i will show you how to skin one in about a minute you can practice a few times i will curet you a few times and you will be skinning faster then you ever thought possible most guids fillets the fish leaving a lot of meat on it and wasting it in my option but its theres and they can do as they wish i use every penny i make taking vets fishing and there family it does not matter what war or conflict all but WWII guys they are alway free I took 4 guys they were pushing 90 I was more then happy to take them i wold not take there money when they found out what i do so they put the money in my fishing bag gave my son 75$ tip and gave me 125$ more people send me money in the mail 15-20 or when they buy bait they over pay so dont feel like your asking for an hand out or taking anything from anyone els organizations most are well funded with donations of eery thing to include hunt i went on one for purple hearts vets i have 4 3 from my first deoplymet and one from my second I do it because after my second deployment i was really bad place i was not sleep up 2-3 hours because i was scared to close my eyes i would have panic attacks if i were off post hyper vigilant and a nasty temper. not only was i dealing with every thing i did and i did some ugly stuff I was dealing with i did saw and what happened to me Lossing my entire teem in a short period after being pinned SGT i felt guilty i was alive they weren't i felt guilty i had to stand there while one of my soldiers layied on the ground with both his legs missing screaming and crying for his my he just turn 19 he bleed out even with 3 medics working on him he was driving me. at the time I lost my best friend and we only found parts of him he was in that truck i posted on here part of him was in a tree the rest we were guessing ended up in the times river it was only 20 meters away. i was blown out of the gunners hatch i was dealing with sever pain when i got back i could hardly walk or sit my lost memory not knowing who my wife was trying to learn to read all over and write i had to lean my abc all over and counting doing backing 1st grade maths I would not be here if it was not of a total stranger i can honestly say that i meet this guy while getting tires for my car at pep boy we were dont about the same time and he filled me home he showed om the texted weekend banging on my door at 5am my wife got me dressed and pushed me out the door every staturday sunday we would fish for a few hours with in a few weeks the panic attacks sopped i was sleeping better every one notice i was in a better mood i not long wanted to kill my self i was still getting so frustrated over my memory and reading writhing i would break down physical pain was unbearable and the army was kind of stricken on pain meds i cold not even dress my self tie my boots or put on my socks my wife did it all and if it was not for this guy I would not bee here so i try to help others i have to say that when i fist started doing this i was not a guid then i got it so i would would not get in trouble but a lot of guys took advantages of it some were disabled and vets they thought disabled vet was the same like this one i to took out probable 5 times in a month he was in a chair he was telling me what happened it turned out when he came home from iraq he bought his first motorcycle got drunck and wreck if first night with it. and that is how he got in the chair no i ask for your rating sheet and dd-214 to make sure you were honorable discharged i dont care if you black out every thing but your name and discharge staties once i started doing that a lot of guys who use to go stopped calling one guy was not even in the military but dont ever feel bad skip and every one else its not a matter of pride i do this because i want to help other fishing help me and i have gotten a lot of calles from other wifes and kids thanking me that they see a chang in there husbands and dads after just a few trips it is very relaxing to be on the water you have no worries there is nothing around to cause hyper violent or anger or panic attacks it just you and the lake you get focused on catching fish. and its all paint for by the the kindness of other i get hired right at the ramp when guys fined out what i do so go on these hunting trips land owners donate there land just for vets so do ranchers i have been on a hunt this year i was aloud to shoot a 8point it was a management hunt it was a ugly tiny rack that no one would what it it would never bee a trophy and no one would want to take it so i did and a doe i dont care it was not a trophy the guy who ned there ranch last a brother in name and what just being nice he could have had anyone come and take a few deer off is land but he only lets purple heart vets and i have not found an organization that cared what confitct or war you were in just as lone as you were a vet so guys dont feel like your taking you cant take something that is being offered to you the organization i when with was head water for hears they were going to pay to mount my buck head no that i said not to use the money els were to take some one els out they are were paying for the processing how ever i wanted it. wich was thought full of the butcher he did it for free for us the cabins we stayed in were donated for this trip every thing was free. so dont feel bad about accepting them it is not a sign of weakness or lazy ness Skip i wish i could be like you can go back to work i got out of that army and when straight to barber school thinking i could cut hair but that slight bend you do would kill me after the 3-4 person i finish the school but it was difaclt some days i would sit down and say there all day because i had a busy day the day former a or a few days befor. i got my license but it is not good to me it takes every thing i have do do what i do I might not be able to work but i can try to help someone who was once in my shoes i dont care how bad i am if a disabled vet want to go i take them active army guys and just guys who did there 20 i anomaly dont charge them either I just split the cost with them if they want to bring a friends and splint the is great i get to go on a lot of fishing trips this way to places i would not normally be able to go because i can have them drive me in my truck I have a 21ft center concle that has a dont of space and is comfortable to fish out of if i had to do it all over agin i would I loved my care choice more then anything i loved being in uniform i was 4 generations my grandfather was one of the first 3 people to drive in the gate of dachau construction camp he said everything that cam with in 200yrs of the place was married to in cloud all there close the smell as stuck in there hair of of rotting poole the had box cars full i mean full of dead bodies they were rotting now if he smells writing food or meat he gets sick for several days i use to go to his division reunions 42div thos guys that endorsed the camp wish they never did to this day it bothers them and there in the 90s they did not get the help we did. so when these things re offed take them the is what they are there for. if you guys like to catfish call me 254 319 3188 you can hold on to my number till spring time when the water warms up to about 68-70 and they come shallow again i supply every thing but food and drinks and sun screen active duty guys get a few of your buddy or Joes and we can split a trip to just about anywhere. you like but there are a lot of guys who lie to go on there trips i have delt with them guys were were in the army or most comenly were disabled off duty to there own fault and not because of combat and they didn't have to i would have still taken them if they could only pay 5$ then that fine thits the thought not the money that counts i am not rich i live off a va income wich in not much every at a a 100% so i know what is like not having enough to want to do something with your family and not have the money even when i was active i didn't make that much it seemed like that is why my prices are so low for civilians i want to make it afford able for most people that is why i dont charm by person and i keep it fordable most guids have high over head I dont i paid cash for my boat it was slightly used but it was still a nice boat and these guides hate me on the Texas fishing form and a few of the bait makers as well i get harsing emails pms phone calls we caught two guids from waco on secure cam butting my fule line and other one from the Burnt area cutting my trailer tiers they just hate me there is a small group out of dalles i dont know why mostly boucle i wont charg the same amount they charge and bublisze it i thought is was america and free enterprise and ever thing but you guys need to get past the thought has its a hand out or i am taking form other soldiers i went on that purple heart hunt you know how many went 2 me and and other guy who could not shot he missed every thing please dont think of these trips like that well have a lease and others dont your lucky when i ask to hunt on there land they ask why dont you just get a lease or leas it from me i tell them i am a disabled vet i can not afford it it not using your service our uniform its the truth when active duty guy say i am in the army i just mover here it not using there position in the military to personal gain a lot of people will slam the door in your face unless you tell them right off the bat i know i found out the hard way hunting on Ft hood pain and the [censored] and it seems like if you dont know any of the guids you are put on the back burners i know i have personly been treated that way they use the place as there own personal game ranch and you are the un invited guest i got to hunt in a guids stand last week because it was so muddy and my 2wd would not make it to any other stands his line as brand new bioilt other are small rotten shitty spots the few good ones they have typically go the the guy they know this guy had a corn feeder a protein feeder and alfalfa hanging in a blind that could hold 2 people easily some of the civeln aides are worse they dont care if your a disabled vet they are they for them selfs it feels like so when they go off post to hunt i dont have an issue with them leading i am from forth hood and just moved here tx is a different beast when it comes to hunting some of the oddest rules and regs for diffetn parts of the state diffetn bag limits size limes like a 13in stread some dear will never be 13ins its just genetics and then they pass that on like i seen a 10 point all tines straight up about 11ins wide he was never going to be a wide deer but he will die of old age or someone will make a mistake and its buzzard bait just my person thoughts on it and off topic what i am saying is these hunts are donated my rangers who have to many deer and need to thin them down have a hog prophlem and will only let vets hunt it. so dont feel guilty and please call me i will take you fishing if you want to help with gass to make you feel better then offer. i am the same way i will offer if i go with someone. so take that hunting tip or fishing trip they are free and donated dont feel guilty enjoy it you earned it i have more purple hears then i ever wanted i never wanted one but if people are going to off to let me and my son hunt on there land because of it i will be happy to take them up on it but I always give them a card and offer to take them cat fishing any time they wanted

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6111333 12/31/15 03:45 PM
F
floresrsr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: gonehunting
I'm looking to take some vets on some hog,deer,turkey,and varmint hunts if you served and have a honorable discharge wounded or not pm me for details

Thanks for the support!
clap

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Ernest Hemingway

Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting] #6111348 12/31/15 03:50 PM
F
floresrsr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: gonehunting

Thanks for the support!
clap

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Ernest Hemingway

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide