I just finished the prototype auto hunter today, I'm about 75% happy with it. I guess, I thought I would just knock the first one out of the park...lol. I learned a lot from making this one, Along with this learning curve I had to figure out how to use a lathe at the same time, any way it works good, there is a tiny bit of play in the open locked position I hope I have figured out a way to correct this, time will tell, it will not close without pushing the button.
a break down of parts and sizes
blade is 1/8" stock thickness cpms-35vn stainless
bolsters are 416 stainless
liners are 410 stainless
spacer/stop bar is 440c stainless
scales are camo g-10
303 stainless screws, pins, and pivots
7 1/4" total
blade is 3 1/8" from leading edge of bolsters
I had plans on making this one out of nicer materials but decided to just finish it and carry it as a field test/prototype as it didn't pass my initial expectations and therefor didn't want to spend any more time or money on fit and finish.
here is a video of it in actionhttp://vid1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/randallss7/20151107_113938_zpszo1wupyz.mp4