Forums46
Topics537,793
Posts9,729,206
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Rob Lay] #6013367 11/06/15 12:53 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: therancher
You stated earlier that Kansas public hunting was mostly private land and Texas was mostly state and fed and implied that is somehow "bad".

no I didn't, quote me where I said that. Kansas has more public hunting opportunities however you look at it. the question is if there is anything Texas can do better? if they can without coercion, infringement, or raising taxes and don't, then it is "bad".

Almost identical amounts, but Texas is a travesty, while you're implying Kansas is somehow noble. That shows your disdain for Texas private landowners who won't pony up like Kansas landowners.

I know you didn't take geography, but Texas is over 3x larger and Kansas still has more public hunting acreage!

I see it. You don't want to. And I don't care if no one else sees it.

you see it, but most don't, see Bobo's post again. you are disrespecting a respected moderator here.

And the irony is that you won't pony yours up, while I did.

maybe I'm just smarter to figure out what is best for me before I do it.

Rob my opinion is debatable just as much as the opinions of Ranchers is or STX or NP.

It's difficult to disrespect an opinion

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: therancher] #6013371 11/06/15 12:54 AM
W
Whiptail Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted By: JeremyKS
A little late in the game but the reason in NM those private ranches have to allow public access during antelope season is due to the state land within the boundaries of the private ranch. The state of New Mexico is checker boarded with state land. NM has came up with a system that allows public access to your entire ranch to hunt antelope and in turn you get X amount of "landowner" tags to do as you wish. Each ranch will be different in the % of public vs landowner tags due to the % of state land vs private land.

My rancher I lease ranches from has a 30K acre ranch that has more than half state land that they choose not to get landowner tags on because of the fiasco it would cause with that many public hunters running around his ranch.

In states like CO and OK if you lease state land for agriculture purposes you also control the hunting on that land but that is not the case in NM. The NM fish and game actually pays the state land board a very small/acre lease fee in order to allow public access to the state land. Although there is lots of squabbling going on in NM currently with this because the NM state land commissioner is wanting more money from fish and game in order to continue to allow public access to the state land.

He may be fibbing and I don't know nm law, but a friend I hunt antelope on says he owns all his land but nm won't give him but a couple of tags for his 22,000 acres if he doesn't allow public access. Blackmail so to speak.

Why is that blackmail? The 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives the state of NM the right to do exactly that. Both land and wildlife are required for hunting to occur and when the resources are in separate hands then it's fair to negotiate or walk away...

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6013460 11/06/15 01:28 AM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Rob my opinion is debatable just as much as the opinions of Ranchers is or STX or NP.

It's difficult to disrespect an opinion

the point that you clarified is none of us really have that different of an opinion with public lands. I think we all agree that they are nice if the state does them without coercion, infringement, or excessive taxes/fees.

the fact therancher and stxranchman can't understand that is pure stupidity on their part or a disrespect to you for clarifying it for them. I don't expect them to respect me because it is clear through their toxic and trolling tactics that they want to argue to argue, without grounds they have to put words in my mouth and ignore the words clearly written in this very thread.

there is no opinion for the exact words said in this thread, they are black and white.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Rob Lay] #6013772 11/06/15 03:45 AM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: busouthpaw22
If any of you would like to see some desert bighorn photos from my families property, send me a PM and I'll text them to you and you can post them. I'm not very good at posting photos. I have several taken by Texas parks and wildlife from helicopter and a few pics of kills.

here are the photos! thanks for letting me post them for you, such beautiful animals!

Man those sheep are nice looking

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6014574 11/06/15 05:36 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
FYI, TPWD got back to me about my question how many private land owner acres in the public program.

"Our public hunting program has approximately 38,100 private leased acres and our drawn hunt program has approximately 91,300 private leased acres."

So although Texas has over 3x the land area, it only has 13% of the private leased acreage that Kansas has. It is what it is, thankfully my family and I can own land, lease land, and do outfitter trips. It honestly does trouble me what we're leaving for the future when many don't have the same means.

I won't do a public come as you want lease, because my land is 100% purposed for hunting. However, I am still trying to do my part so hunting continues to be prominent. My daughter is growing up on the land hunting and I will certainly provide her friends and family the opportunity to hunt too. In the 12 months I've owned the land I've already taken 3 different adults hunting for their first time and all were successful, so I think they are hooked and officially hunters now, not non-hunters. I have also volunteered my land for the wounded warrior doe hunt our wildlife management association does in December. Can I still do more? yes.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Sneaky] #6014614 11/06/15 05:54 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Kansas has a deer to every .5 sq miles. Texas has a deer to every 5.8 sq miles. Kansas deer are bigger than Texas deer because they are further from the equator, Rob.

So, Texas has about 46,000 deer?

Yeah, a deer to 5.8 sq mi does not compute. I'll have to go back and re-read that report.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6015099 11/06/15 10:35 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
grin I knew some wires got crossed somewhere.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Rob Lay] #6015353 11/07/15 01:55 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Remember I am unintelligent. You stated it nicely several times. I am just pointing out unintelligent facts that I see in your replies to several others on here.

several times!?! show me where I said it even once.

Nice edits on those posts to take it out. up

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: stxranchman] #6015363 11/07/15 02:03 AM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker

if I edited 1 post within 20 seconds, where are the others of "several"?

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Rob Lay] #6015421 11/07/15 02:32 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Remember I am unintelligent. You stated it nicely several times. I am just pointing out unintelligent facts that I see in your replies to several others on here.

several times!?! show me where I said it even once.

if I edited 1 post within 20 seconds, where are the others of "several"?

Now we go from "show me where I said it even once" to "if I edited 1 post within 20 seconds". I said "nice edits on those posts" and not "several". You can edit post hours minutes to hours later and not show you they have been edited. Glad you just admitted to editing one of them at least.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6015474 11/07/15 03:04 AM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Beautiful animals, thank you for sharing...

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6015570 11/07/15 04:08 AM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
I thought this was a sheep thread?... Here are some pics from my buddies ranch.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6015615 11/07/15 05:02 AM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
That top one looks like an old bruiser. The mass is incredible.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Rob Lay] #6015640 11/07/15 05:19 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
FYI, TPWD got back to me about my question how many private land owner acres in the public program.

"Our public hunting program has approximately 38,100 private leased acres and our drawn hunt program has approximately 91,300 private leased acres."

So although Texas has over 3x the land area, it only has 13% of the private leased acreage that Kansas has. It is what it is, thankfully my family and I can own land, lease land, and do outfitter trips. It honestly does trouble me what we're leaving for the future when many don't have the same means.

I won't do a public come as you want lease, because my land is 100% purposed for hunting. However, I am still trying to do my part so hunting continues to be prominent. My daughter is growing up on the land hunting and I will certainly provide her friends and family the opportunity to hunt too. In the 12 months I've owned the land I've already taken 3 different adults hunting for their first time and all were successful, so I think they are hooked and officially hunters now, not non-hunters. I have also volunteered my land for the wounded warrior doe hunt our wildlife management association does in December. Can I still do more? yes.

Again with your hypocritical disdain for private landowners in Texas. Tsk tsk.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6015667 11/07/15 05:51 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Reading this thread gave me a headache.

Originally Posted By: leswad

Are these in Texas? I enjoyed looking at the pictures, I love the scenery.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: fishdog] #6016227 11/07/15 04:05 PM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
^^^ yes

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: leswad] #6016239 11/07/15 04:08 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: leswad

Man that top and second pic, that one is a fighter.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: stxranchman] #6017569 11/08/15 02:44 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Now we go from "show me where I said it even once" to "if I edited 1 post within 20 seconds". I said "nice edits on those posts" and not "several". You can edit post hours minutes to hours later and not show you they have been edited. Glad you just admitted to editing one of them at least.

I stepped over line and edited within 20 seconds, still waiting for you to edit about 90% of what you've posted that is over the line.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: Rob Lay] #6017703 11/08/15 03:52 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G

I stepped over line and edited within 20 seconds, still waiting for you to edit about 90% of what you've posted that is over the line.

Give it up and move on, your cr@p is adding nothing to this thread.

Re: Texas Desert Bighorn landowner tags [Re: grout-scout] #6018161 11/08/15 11:50 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
corrected for you.

Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Give it up and move on, your cr@p is adding nothing to this thread.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide