6245766 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6001110 - 10/29/15 09:36 PM Looking for Vets
gonehunting Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: mesquite,texas
I'm looking to take some vets on some hog,deer,turkey,and varmint hunts if you served and have a honorable discharge wounded or not pm me for details

#6001218 - 10/29/15 10:33 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
jsplinter Offline
Tracker

Loc: Copperas Cove
Hey sir that's great, thank you very much for supporting vets

#6020408 - 11/09/15 08:39 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
imeccentric Offline
Green Horn

Now THAT is how you thank a vet. My hat is off to you, wish I was closer:)

#6030045 - 11/14/15 10:38 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
mossberg man Offline
Pro Tracker

pm sent.

#6030304 - 11/15/15 09:05 AM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
PM sent. Thanks from an old Vet.

I have a short attention spa

#6039677 - 11/19/15 07:34 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
claytonglover Offline
Green Horn

PM sent and thank you!!

#6044459 - 11/22/15 10:57 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
Guero Offline
Woodsman

Loc: San Antonio, TX
PM sent bud

#6047933 - 11/24/15 03:56 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Corsicana TX
up

flag

#6070329 - 12/06/15 11:47 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
gonehunting Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: mesquite,texas
I have a youth hunt for this weekend to qualify you must have received a Purple Heart and have been deployed several times it's not me asking it's the sponsor

#6071207 - 12/07/15 01:10 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog

i have 2 deployment and purple hears can send you a copy of them is you like but my son is 18 he as never been able to get a deer in texas either have I for that mater but we are stuck hunting ft hood were it seems that most the guids or so called guids are just out for them selfs and there friends I found our the hard way this year. my number is 254 319 3188 if we would qualify I dont have the money to pay to hunt on someones land and the guys I was suppose to hunt on there farms for taking them fishing all spring and summer tried to hit me up for several hundred saying they discounted it deeply for me. but that was not our deal i and with there dad I dont have land here in texas and ft hood is on the buddy system the better buddy you are with the area guid the better they help you out I am 100% disabled as you can tell my spelling and grammar are not great that is because i was struck in the head after an ied when off near me and i lost a lot of my memory I had to relearn to read and write and i really struggle with it along wth a bad back and pinch nerves do to being blown out to the back of the the truck i was gunning when an ied went off under us. i just want to hunt and it seems if you dont have a lot of money you are pretty much out of luck or stuck to FT HOOD were it is 60$ for permits and license i have been out a lot this hear and have yet to see anything it doesn't help the guids have put in an areas i ould not see more then 20 yrds put in in an are were i could only shoot strait do the the airport on one side and the highway on the other placed in a blind that was in the middle of and illegal dumping are. then got in a fight with the guid when i took a little walk around looking for any and of signs. this weekend i was placed in a blind that was rotted out and one that had a huge bees hive in it. being a disable they are suppose to give me a little hand on guid would not even take me to my blind he pulled over and said it that was about 300yrds took me an hour to fined it i was place in an are were you had to have 4wheel drive only are and the guid did not want to take me to my stand but if your buddy with them they take care of you I am not lucky enough to know anyone as i stay home do to my back injury and ptsd my number is 254 319 3188 if it is possible i have the paper work pictures of medials dd-214 anything you need I under stand the reson to verify . in the spring and summer i am a fishing guid for channel cats I make and sell bait and use the money to take other disabled vets family members of fallen soldiers a lot of the kids have not been fishing since there loss if they dont have there own fishing rods and reels i buy the one I keep no money for my self none when i first started i just took a few of the guyses word for it. one guy was disabled he was not a vet and he only did 3 yrs before being kicked out he is in a wheel chair because he was drunk and riding a motor cycle. now like this person i require proof a disability rating from the army or va copy or the medial award dd-214's I did 2 tours my send tours was close t 19mons it was only suppose to be 12 then we got extended. I injury from my first deployment got worse and i was unable to go on patrols and our supply SGT got nocked up by someone who was not her husband. so they stuck me in there it was the best job i had in the army besides aviation supply every one kisses your but because they want something we trie to hunt ft hood because every one who said i can hunt on there land wanted money when it came time to hunt even after I took them fishing numbers times i ask for nothing not even help with gas and the one lake i go to is 2hr away. I do guided fishing trips cheap really cheap for military police paramedics firemen a lot of times i just as to split the full with me and warn them they possible my have to drive back depending on my back I have several veterbra fused and pinched nerve roots so my legs give out on ft hood i was having trouble and my so called guid is suppose to help me to my stand he just pointed and side its up there about 300yrs in the dark will my stuff it took me a while to get fined it. i was place in a stand the was wrotted this weekend i was put in a stand were i could only shoot straight wich meant i was shooting over the hight it shot one side i was shoot at the air port the other side was the highway the so called guys use FT HOOD and there own personal hunting grounds for them and there friend. Not all are like this but it seems the younger ones and th guys who were not in the military. for instance i went in for a drawing hunt because i did not get a reservation i shoed up at 215am before most the guids and ask for a number for the drawing i was told to wait as soon as a few other guys came in that were friends with one of the are guids the guid gave them numbers and signed them up to his area this took place several times finally i get went a a number it is suppose to be first come first serve but there are those few who dont care the weekend before I was with an older guy and his son they go in to there ares and count through the week so they know what stands would produce and wich ones are dead. i heard this goes on but i never had to deal with it before because i know someone who's dad and 200acres but the family sold it when he passed away. I would be willing to trade someone hunt for fishing trips I have a 21ft CC boat. I am very sorry for my spelling and grammar i do the best i can i dont see letters and words like most people its kind of like being severely dyslexic and having a horrible short term memory my number is 245 319 3188 if we are eligible i can send you any paper work you need I have shot more deer then i can remember in ny we would get our 3-4 regular seasons tags pause we let the amish guy next door use and accord for crops so we got extra tag each year and newcens tags I have been process by farmer and there that we could use there land only to want money at the last minet like i said I get a va check and can not afford these hunts on to mention two guy know used cargos list to go hot hunting pretty cheap something i always wanted to do the did not check the property out first they guy had no hogs on his land and the pictures he was using were from 5yrs ago he let so many hunter in the killed and ran off the pigs so the were out the money they gave the guy

#6091444 - 12/18/15 06:16 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
NMGW Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: New Mexico
That's a good thing you are doing. I am a Navy Vet., hoping to retire to Texas in about 3 years. flag

#6099457 - 12/24/15 02:06 AM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
chemdawg Offline
Bird Dog

I went on one of these hunts to a game ranch it was a pretty nice outing other then being told we were going to take trophy classe deer then the rancher saying only 8points and not something that could be a trophy in a few years so i took a tiny eight point he did let me take a doe as well to make up for it so that was better in my option i would rather have 2 deer to eat the one I dont care about trophy horns any how i cant eat them the other guy that went with me missed all his shots he did not have is gun zeroed and was shooing about way under need them he sold his gun to my buddy for 200$ it was a singly shot 243 New England Fire arms single shot with a Nikon scope that was worth more the 200 if i would have known that i would have bought it

#6099929 - 12/24/15 11:39 AM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: gonehunting]
SapperTitan Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Was it free? If so why are you complaining about what you got to shoot?

#6100837 - 12/24/15 11:50 PM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: SapperTitan]
68A Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: North Texas
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Was it free? If so why are you complaining about what you got to shoot?

#6100903 - 12/25/15 04:11 AM Re: Looking for Vets [Re: chemdawg]
aerangis Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Nunya
Originally Posted By: chemdawg
I went on one of these hunts to a game ranch it was a pretty nice outing other then being told we were going to take trophy classe deer then the rancher saying only 8points and not something that could be a trophy in a few years so i took a tiny eight point he did let me take a doe as well to make up for it so that was better in my option i would rather have 2 deer to eat the one I dont care about trophy horns any how i cant eat them the other guy that went with me missed all his shots he did not have is gun zeroed and was shooing about way under need them he sold his gun to my buddy for 200$ it was a singly shot 243 New England Fire arms single shot with a Nikon scope that was worth more the 200 if i would have known that i would have bought it

Ever.heard.of.paragraphs.and.punctuation? grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide