Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: BULSPRG] #5993107 10/25/15 01:50 PM
F
Fowlman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: BULSPRG
Originally Posted By: JRR
Figure out where public lands are, state and corps lands. Get their maps of the boundaries, then start with google earth to figure out where you might like what it looks like, access you have (walk,boat,etc.) then scout it. Water levels have changed everything. Only other Lake is Ray Roberts and it's busy on weekends. Remember on Texoma it's not all in Texas, may need an Oklahoma license, HIP, and stamp depending on where you go. Be cognizant on public land as depending on where you go it may or may not be opened during entire waterfowl season.

Do what JRR suggests and don't be the guy that shows up 10-15 minutes before shooting time and try's to find a spot. RR is really crowded and the high shooting will amaze you there,don't be that guy. Do your homework and you will be just fine. From what I have seen the last two years, walking in will be hard this year with all the water we have. Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions, just don't lake name on the open forum, it's an open invite to all the internet scouters out there. Good luck & stay safe this year.

Good advice BULSPRG. up

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: UNTHUNTER] #5993122 10/25/15 02:05 PM
D
d.g.ruff Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Texoma sucks so far...well, in the Little Mineral Arm, anyway. Plus, they just took 750 acres of public hunting land and made it all private douche bag resort land (a couple years ago). AND, they haven't replaced it as far as I know (like they are supposed to). However, with the 6.5" of rain, it should put the water level back up in the weeds. It's prolly a lot better around Slick Em Slough...or Highport, but you got to be a ninja to hunt there

Mmmm Hmmm
Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: UNTHUNTER] #5993137 10/25/15 02:19 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with America. The participation trophys have made everyone feel entitled to what they want when they want it without putting in the work.

We are doomed to fail and at this rate it'll be sooner than later.

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: mohunter] #5993151 10/25/15 02:27 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Originally Posted By: mohunter
Originally Posted By: wal1809
UNTHUNTER I apologize for the rude behavior of these men. They get all rules up over nothing. I am not from up there but there is a guy that will help you. Send a private message to Hayraker on this forum and he will set you in the right spot. Have a good season and don't pay attention to these guys. They don't even scout anyways!

Pm sent to Hayraker. popcorn

Glad I could help fellas.

#sigline
Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: garrett] #5993157 10/25/15 02:29 PM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: Cast
Has duck hunting evolved into a private club/cult?

Originally Posted By: garrett
This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with America. The participation trophys have made everyone feel entitled to what they want when they want it without putting in the work.

exactly, never come on a public forum and ask for advice or any assistance whatsoever unless you want to be berated and then get everything blamed on Duck Dynasty as everybody else was born a waterfowl expert and never had to ask for any help......if you want to learn then you must pay somebody.....this is what made America great.......

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: JRR] #5993182 10/25/15 02:49 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#

exactly, never come on a public forum and ask for advice or any assistance whatsoever unless you want to be berated and then get everything blamed on Duck Dynasty as everybody else was born a waterfowl expert and never had to ask for any help......if you want to learn then you must pay somebody.....this is what made America great.......

That's right junior, you also can't be easily offended if you are asking for a hand out.

Listen chief, keep in mind that most of the guys who post here don't know the answers to your question. They are sports themselves who might kill a handful of ducks each season when someone takes them along on a hunt.

For the most part if you want real info on anything you should consult Wikipedia before listening to anyone on this forum.

#sigline
Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: JRR] #5993184 10/25/15 02:51 PM
E
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E

Asking for help and advice is one thing, asking for spots to hunt is completely different.

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: UNTHUNTER] #5993190 10/25/15 02:59 PM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
and get in there early !!!!! I love the "some Barney potlicked my spot" threads....."walked all the way in and some Barney was in my spot, I hate the Robertson's".....

actually, do get in there early. Probably more hunts ruined by someone stumbling around at daylight than any other way, including your own. If you can't call don't, I don't. A bunch of decoys doesn't always translate to success. Hide, Hide, Hide......an "experts" poor calling can send them to your small quiet spread.
Look at other public hunting areas with ponds and small lakes and try to hunt weekdays, if at UNT then there are some north and west of you. Remember too, easy access spots translate to more hunters.

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: Erichugh22] #5993192 10/25/15 03:02 PM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: Erichugh22

Asking for help and advice is one thing, asking for spots to hunt is completely different.

Nothing wrong with asking, doesn't require a response if one so chooses. I would call being told a spot is helpful......

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: UNTHUNTER] #5993194 10/25/15 03:04 PM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I'm willing to bet this is a fairly young hunter that came on here not knowing the "rules" and possibly may never come back, why would he.

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: UNTHUNTER] #5993224 10/25/15 03:25 PM
E
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
And you don't have to pay someone to learn how to duck hunt. I've never taken a guided duck hunt. I learned from trial and error and asking for actual advice, not spots. People on here will gladly help with almost anything you ask, except what spot to hunt.

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: JRR] #5993228 10/25/15 03:26 PM
B
bobcat1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I'm willing to bet this is a fairly young hunter that came on here not knowing the "rules" and possibly may never come back, why would he.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Public Hunting on Texoma [Re: UNTHUNTER] #5993298 10/25/15 04:26 PM
Dave Speer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/43/1/Public_Hunting

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5268623/gonew/1/Texas_Public_Hunting_Links,_Se#UNREAD

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide