Print Thread
PSE Fang #5990853 10/23/15 07:48 PM
M
Mad Max Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
M
I've been looking to buy a crossbow, and friends of mine have been very happy with the PSE Fang, which they recommend over Barnetts in the same price range. When I went to check out the PSE Fang at Academy (listed at $289 or something like that online), they told me that there has been a factory recall on the Fang. However, Bass Pro and Cabelas still seem to carry them, albeit at a higher price.

Does anyone know what the story is with the PSE Fang recall, if there is one, and what the alleged problem with these crossbows may be?

Re: PSE Fang [Re: Mad Max] #5990910 10/23/15 08:17 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I just spoke with PSE and asked this specifically. There is no recall.

Re: PSE Fang [Re: HuntnFly67] #5991000 10/23/15 09:09 PM
M
Mad Max Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
M
That's what I thought. If there were a recall, PSE's website would have something about it, and other dealers wouldn't carry the model. It's strange that Academy would make something like that up just because they're out of stock or stopped carrying the Fang.

Re: PSE Fang [Re: Mad Max] #5994909 10/26/15 03:50 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
There was a problem with one 'batch' where the bolt didn't seat on the string correctly and caused the bolts to break when shot. It was only a very small group and there is a way to tell but it's my buddy who told me about it. His wasn't on the list recalled. May not have been an actual recall either.

He loves his btw.. makes me wanna get one!

Re: PSE Fang [Re: Mad Max] #5995684 10/27/15 12:31 AM
M
mley1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: Mad Max
It's strange that Academy would make something like that up just because they're out of stock or stopped carrying the Fang.

At my local Academy the staff seems to make things up all the time. I have to bite my tongue most every time I'm in there. Some poor inexperienced customer will ask a question, and an employee who has NO CLUE will feed the poor person a line of bull caca so deep I'm glad I wore boots into the store. And, it don't matter what subject it is either, fishing, hunting, camping.....anything. Most of the employee's I've seen or dealt with at our Academy were nice enough, but had no clue what in the world they were talking about.

Last time I was there I did interrupt a conversation, because the employee's advice could have gotten the nimrod in trouble. The customer was asking about hunting public land. The employee said the closest land was the SHNF. The customer asked what licenses he would need to hunt there. The employee told him just a regular state hunting license since it was a national Forrest. I interrupted, and explained to the person that besides the state hunting license they would also need an Annual Public Hunting Permit. I further explained to him the costs of the licenses involved, and about the maps available both in print and online. He thanked me, and we both went on our way leaving the employee standing there with a deer in the headlight look on his face.

I don't listen to, nor trust anything a store employee tells me. If I don't know something I'll do some research before I go to buy at any store. End of rant against Academy employee's.(btw, I know there are a few good ones. I appreciate them.)

Thanks,

Marty
Re: PSE Fang [Re: mley1] #5996410 10/27/15 02:05 PM
M
Mad Max Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
M
Quote:
At my local Academy the staff seems to make things up all the time. I have to bite my tongue most every time I'm in there. Some poor inexperienced customer will ask a question, and an employee who has NO CLUE will feed the poor person a line of bull caca so deep I'm glad I wore boots into the store. And, it don't matter what subject it is either, fishing, hunting, camping.....anything. Most of the employee's I've seen or dealt with at our Academy were nice enough, but had no clue what in the world they were talking about.

Pretty much my experience as well. I spent about half an hour trying to explain to one of the clerks what a migratory bird permit was, and that the state and federal permits were not the same thing. Almost as bad as dealing with Walmart clerks.

Re: PSE Fang [Re: Mad Max] #5996509 10/27/15 02:43 PM
W
wtjim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Hey, their 8.00 an hour expertise ended 15 minutes ago...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide