Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,142
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
A few trail can pics and be on the watch for snakes still!!! #5988481 10/22/15 05:36 AM
F
Finfeathernfurr Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
F
Well I set up a trail camera two weeks ago just to pattern hogs as much as I have been blessed I finally have them. I have been just almost bow only for the last five years and have still yet to even think about sending an arrow at a buck. Just more of a meat doe kinda guy. After the first weekl the camera was up I had a bad angle and the motion sensor would not go off. Last Wednesday I moved it to another angle evidently it works because today when I checked it I had 918 new pictures. Only problem is I only had one picture of a hog lol. I had seen a couple of real studs during doe only season at the end of the year last year and I had thought if I saw one of them I would try and take one with the bow this year. In the 918 pictures of this last week I did not get one of them but so far I have counted 27 different bucks a couple of them are still nice deer. I saw some young bucks today and several young does I got to half draw on a big doe but did not see the yearlings that had been coming into the side of her and they busted me. Shortly after a feeder rat squirrel somehow wedges itself in between the spinner and the funnel and the corn is just raining down over his back! Then my feeder went off and threw him about 4 feet and he thinks it's OK to just come back underneath and enjoy the pile of corn. I had my go Pro hooked up to my stabilizer so I turned it on and he was quickly eradicated. As it got dark and I was headed out I was about halfway back to my truck and caught something right in front of my feet that happened to be a copperhead who seemed to feel like it needed to go into the light of my headlamp. I just backed up to let it Krosley trail a couple of times but it kept coming at me it was just almost pitch black I finally said the heck with it and drew back in the dark and as I am about to release my headlight goes off of the snake and I hit the release. In the last bit of remaining light all I can see is snake going up in the air I jump back briefly and then realize my camera is still on LOL. After a brief look into my headlight thinking did I get that on video I look at the back half of a copperhead lying dead in motionless and the front half trying to slither away half a snake idk how I even hit it I guess it starts to become feel at a point. I will have to work on uploading those two videos,but here are a few of the deer.

Re: A few trail can pics and be on the watch for snakes still!!! [Re: Finfeathernfurr] #5988482 10/22/15 05:39 AM
F
Finfeathernfurr Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
F

Re: A few trail can pics and be on the watch for snakes still!!! [Re: Finfeathernfurr] #5990862 10/23/15 07:53 PM
C
crumrw Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Cool story, can't wait to see the vids.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide