Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: J McCoy] #5988817 10/22/15 02:53 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: J McCoy
Close the borders. Deport them. Reform the process that allows new citizens.

This. Deporting them would open up jobs for other people. Initially those jobs won't pay that well but there is an equilibrium that will be reached. Dial back welfare and those people will get off their cans and take those jobs. Windfall will be threefold-more tax dollars from workers not paid under the table, less dollars going to welfare, and less drain on the public services (education and health care, mainly).

Why the #!@*($&)(#$&*!)#$*&@ is this so hard for politicians to understand?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5988850 10/22/15 03:12 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: J McCoy
Close the borders. Deport them. Reform the process that allows new citizens.

This. Deporting them would open up jobs for other people. Initially those jobs won't pay that well but there is an equilibrium that will be reached. Dial back welfare and those people will get off their cans and take those jobs. Windfall will be threefold-more tax dollars from workers not paid under the table, less dollars going to welfare, and less drain on the public services (education and health care, mainly).

Why the #!@*($&)(#$&*!)#$*&@ is this so hard for politicians to understand?

Because there is politics involved. The vast majority of our politicians have never been down to our border or on ranches to see first hand the problems dealt with daily down along the river.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5988871 10/22/15 03:25 PM
BigBucky2014 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
It's all about votes. Politicians understand. It comes down to what is in their best interest. Period!!

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5988893 10/22/15 03:40 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I dont know about yall.. I was enjoying the 'encounter' stories..

We were Javelina hunting a big HF ranch in Laredo in March.. a buddy and I went one way, our other two buddies went the other. We were sitting on a fence line and we saw two guys walking down the road.. it was at least half a mile down the fence line road, but we could distinctly make out two ppl. We were thinking it was our buddies but they never came to that side of the ranch. Either they spotted us and hauled off or just turned and crossed the fence but they disappeared pretty quick. That's the only encounter I've had but the ranch owner told us that happens just about daily.. he has ladders going over all fences and one of his daily tasks was to drive around and pick up the trash they left behind.

Keep the stories coming popcorn

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: BigBucky2014] #5989094 10/22/15 05:47 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: BigBucky2014
It's all about votes. Politicians understand. It comes down to what is in their best interest. Period!!

Yep, nailed it. More immigrants = more democratic votes.

More US citizens dependent on the government teet = more democratic votes.

Mitt Romney told it like it is, but could have worded it better.

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5989114 10/22/15 06:02 PM
D
doogie Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: doogie] #5989115 10/22/15 06:02 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by doogie

This thread made me think of this southpark as well.

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5989468 10/22/15 09:48 PM
B
blindcowboy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this but we are fenced and most around us aren't. Other than the one time we were broken in to which I mentioned earlier we've been lucky.

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: LuckyHunter] #5989529 10/22/15 10:23 PM
TurkeyHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Just do heavy fines and even jail time for people who employ illegals in the USA. Lots of ideas just treat the symptoms, not the cause.

I've hired (legal's) according to the IRS. The IRS was wrong. I was paying $20/hour

So you believe I should get a huge fine and go to jail. Where I can sit and watch illegals enjoy the freedom of "America".

It's not that hard. Wait in the line just like we do at the DMV, and get the proper paperwork. Then welcome to America.

Why we make simple solutions so hard is so the government can GROW and GROW and GROW

No. You took reasonable means to make sure they were not illegal. There is a way to show you took appropriate steps:

http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

Deporting them? yes but come on. They will be right back if you don't eliminate the reason they come here.

U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength also attracts unauthorized employment. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce.

Like I said, heavy fines and jail time.

To be determined
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5989693 10/23/15 12:09 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
A few years ago hunting in south Texas we had a gate that was kept locked leading into another pasture. You had to stop, get out and unlock the gate, open, get in and drive thru, then get out and lock the gate.
One day another hunter was approached by a single illegal, or so he thought, while he was opening the gate, he glanced over into the brush and noticed several others standing back just inside the brush.
He quickly jumped into his vehicle and left the gate wide open as he hurriedly drove through.
Had he not done that he figured they could have surrounded him and taken his truck or worse.
Moral of the story is keep alert while opening and closing gates!...Perfect place to get ambushed.

Last edited by Jimbo; 10/23/15 12:13 AM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: deerfeeder] #5989748 10/23/15 12:43 AM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: deerfeeder
Originally Posted By: Ranch Dog
Speaking of these things... I good friend of mine died yesterday, 36 years ago, in the border war.

http://www.cbp.gov/about/in-memoriam/weldon-smith

I worked in the Rio Grande City BP office starting in June of '80. (Agent Roxy D. Kieffe) was my supervisor and lived across the street from me at the gov't village at Falcon Dam. Watched Roxy kick a rattlesnake (3 footer) to death one night. We couldn't shoot it cuz we were waiting on some illegals to come by that we'd seen earlier.

I was involved on the aviation side of things conducting training for BP & DEA, that is where I met Weldon.

Originally Posted By: Dead Eye Mike
It's difficult not to feel some sympathy for someone eating some dried out corn out of a deer feeder!

I know what you mean and I have witnessed this personally while hunting. I had left a feeder/stand setup in the evening and came back in the morning. While coming into the stand I thought I picked up a scent of wood smoke. As it was growing light, the feeder and the area around it just didn't look right. As light came on, I could see that the barrel feeder was down and on its side with the lid off. This setup was in area along a creek with an out cropping of rocks and I could see that a fire had be build in the rocks. I could also see where tortillas had been cooked on the rocks, their outlines, and there was not a kernel of corn to be found. There was well over 100# of corn in the feeder. During the night, a group had to have ground the corn for the tortillas and probably carried with them the remaining. The site was actually pretty amazing and there was no way just a few did the work. There is no way that I could have seen this site from the camp as it was down along a creek and probably three miles or better out from the camp.

I've spent a huge amount of time in the air over South Texas and have seen all kinds of situations below me. For the nation, our borders need to be closed but on a personal level I find the movement north understandable and have always been very compassionate dealing with the individual encounter.

I went on to a career as an airline pilot with a larger carrier. One night, six pilot crews were sitting eating dinner in the hotel sports bar and this stuff was being talked about on the TVs. These individuals, the 11 others, were spouting off about the criminal element involved in the traffic and being sure to voice their opinions on what each would do. So, I asked them if they had actually ever talked to an illegal. Of course, they hadn't, so I told them what the actual experience is like and how deflated an individual becomes when they have traveled so far, spent their life savings, but have hit the end. Of course drugs moving north came up and they all had big ideas about curtailing the demand. But I know it is not all about the drugs, so I asked them if they mowed their own yards. Now I know what a privileged lot I belonged to and I knew what the answer would be. Not one, save myself, mowed their own lawn. I explained to them that they were a part of the problem, just as the junkies are, because they were creating a labor demand because they refused to take care of the simple things in their lives. There was an argument that they hired a service but I assured them that those positions are held largely by falsely documented illegals. The whole point I tried to make is that this is a political issue but we each might have a hand in feeding the beast.

I have fed the beast, it was a long ways from the deer camp. One night my last leg of the day was from Las Vegas to Buffalo, NY. My paperwork showed that the flight was full and we had a policy that if all the seats were sold & occupied, we could leave early. All but 5 seats were occupied but I knew we were sold out. I walked up to the gate agent and asked if she knew where the people were, I assumed they were on a connecting flight. She pointed to a family of five hispanics sitting a distance from the gate and explained that they were scared because BP had a history of boarding the particular flight immediately before it pushed. I went ahead and walked over to them and could tell they were all scared. I knew what they were thinking before the father/husband explained it; just how far they had come and now they faced the wall. I started talking to them in Spanish as I picked up their possessions and asked them to trust and walk with me. We walked to the gate and pushed 20 minutes early. I might have added to Buffalo's problems that night but as to having addressed the human side of this, I'm good.

[Linked Image]
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5989826 10/23/15 01:34 AM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
The Youtube is some kind of sad...

[Linked Image]
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5989980 10/23/15 03:03 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
During the first year that we had our place in West Texas I was building a small cabin. No running water & no electricity at the time, only had power from a generator and bottled water. Well, it was a hot dry day as most west Texas days are and I was chugging down some water that I had left at the cabin from the previous trip. Apparently it had gone bad or I might have gotten extreme dehydration but I started to feel bad. So I drove to town to eat, get drinks and sit in the a/c of a restaurant for a bit. Drove back to the ranch and about dusk I noticed 7 people traveling in a single file straight line. They all had white sheets draped on their backs and I assume it was so that they looked like sheep while crossing the country side. I was kinda scared since I was alone so I took my little .22 rifle and started shooting it (not at them) so that hopefully they wouldn't mess with me. They started running so I suppose it worked good enough. Well, about 11pm the bad water hit me in a bad way....this was my intestines taz and this is what I did all over myself flush, without the toilet though. No running water, no electricity, nothing to drink, I had crapped myself and I was sick bad. I drove to the gate and had it unlocked and closed before the truck ever stopped rolling, I was terrified that the group of illegals were going to steal my truck.

Anyways, that's the only illegal story I have and the moral is.... don't drink old water 'cause you might get sick and crap yourself.

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: grout-scout] #5990333 10/23/15 02:13 PM
C
Captain Luke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
During the first year that we had our place in West Texas I was building a small cabin. No running water & no electricity at the time, only had power from a generator and bottled water. Well, it was a hot dry day as most west Texas days are and I was chugging down some water that I had left at the cabin from the previous trip. Apparently it had gone bad or I might have gotten extreme dehydration but I started to feel bad. So I drove to town to eat, get drinks and sit in the a/c of a restaurant for a bit. Drove back to the ranch and about dusk I noticed 7 people traveling in a single file straight line. They all had white sheets draped on their backs and I assume it was so that they looked like sheep while crossing the country side. I was kinda scared since I was alone so I took my little .22 rifle and started shooting it (not at them) so that hopefully they wouldn't mess with me. They started running so I suppose it worked good enough. Well, about 11pm the bad water hit me in a bad way....this was my intestines taz and this is what I did all over myself flush, without the toilet though. No running water, no electricity, nothing to drink, I had crapped myself and I was sick bad. I drove to the gate and had it unlocked and closed before the truck ever stopped rolling, I was terrified that the group of illegals were going to steal my truck.

Anyways, that's the only illegal story I have and the moral is.... don't drink old water 'cause you might get sick and crap yourself.

I like it.

If you want some friendly advice, get a haircut and take a bath. You wouldn't get hassled so much.

Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5991598 10/24/15 09:52 AM
S
Someone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
we do not need them here permanently they will never be able to afford to live a decent quality of life in this country nor will their kids

they are suppose to "fill the jobs Americans will not do"

if one is honest with themselves you understand that you can not make an American kid go to school for 12 years and then point to the lettuce field and say "there is your job go to it"......truth be told though there are those that need to be sent to the lettuce field because they wasted their 12 (or 14 or 15) years in school trying to make their cRap career or be a "balla" and when that failed they were just a sagging panted moron with no value to society and they should be worked to "intelligence" or at least worked to the point where they are too tired to breed and to tired to "hit dat club" looking for a breeding partner

as for the illegals the "idea" was that making $7 or $8 dollars per hour in the USA for a worker from a country where the average wage is $7 dollars PER DAY or less and it is paid in a currency that devalues like used toilet paper was a big deal and those workers could come here, work hard for some months at a time, live in the "man camp" and RETURN HOME where their family and a load of cinder blocks to build a house is waiting for them

now for some reason we have it in our head that to get those same jobs done we need to let that worker, their 5 kids that have a 5th grade MEXICAN education at the age of 16, their wife and their elderly parent into the country and somehow all that group will be able to "live well" on the same LOW wage in a HIGH WAGE country

and all the better we leave behind Mexican villages filled with old women, older men, young kids and those that prey upon them and steal from them.....when they are not dashing into the USA to do some quick crime where before slipping back over the border with their (formerly YOUR) new truck or TV or jewelry or guns

we need a ROTATION SYSTEM.....it needs to be SHORT TERM......it needs to be where the same workers DO NOT RETURN TO THE SAME EMPLOYER......because of the same employer needs the same already "trained workers" that IS NOT a "low skill' "menial" job that "An American will not do" that is a job that an employer is trying to get done on the cheap

you sign up on the list.....the employers get their workers......you can work for a MAX of 7 months or so in one trip and THEN YOU GO BACK HOME!!!!!!

YOUR FAMILY DOES NOT COME WITH YOU.....YOU DO NOT GET TO HAVE A BABY HERE....GET RID OF THE ANCHOR BABIES AS WELL

after you GO HOME you GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LOST AND YOU WAIT until EVERYONE ELSE ON THE LIST HAS HAD THEIR ROTATION and then you come back and work again

TAXES ARE COLLECTED....YOU DO NOT GET ANY RETIREMENT....THERE IS A TAX THAT GOES TOWARDS US RETIREMENT AND SOCIAL SECURITY BUT YOU DO NOT GET ANY OF THAT.....IT IS A TAX TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK HERE

IF YOU ARE CAUGHT COMING HERE ILLEGALLY YOU ARE NEVER ALLOWED ON THE LIST AGAIN

IF YOU DO CRIME WHILE HEAR EVEN PETTY CRIME LIKE STEALING, BRAWLING, PUBLIC DRUNKENNESS and ESPECIALLY DWI OR DRIVING WITH NO INSURANCE YOU ARE NEVER ALLOWED BACK

ANY EMPLOYER THAT IS CAUGHT HIRING SOMEONE NOT ON THE ROTATION LIST (an illegal) OR ON THE BANNED LIST PAYS OUT $100 DOLLARS PER HOUR FOR EVERY HOUR THAT ILLEGAL PERSON WORKED PLUS ALL COURT AND ENFORCEMENT COST AND TAXES ON THAT $100 PER DOLLAR WAGE INCLUDING FULL SOCIAL SECURITY AND RETIREMENT TAXES OR $100,000+ in fines PER ILLEGAL if hours worked cannot be PROVEN

>YOU< COME HERE....>YOU WORK<....>YOU GO HOME!!!!!!<

Last edited by Someone; 10/24/15 09:57 AM.
Re: Illegals on deer lease [Re: duck_slayer89] #5991625 10/24/15 11:41 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I like the way you think. If you ever run for office you have my vote. cheers flag

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide