Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: DuckOil82] #5995488 10/26/15 10:30 PM
F
Fishuhalik Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I've always wanted to try to build one. Here's my idea. For any of you that are from the northern climates & are familiar with a flip-up ice house, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those of you that aren't, I've included pictures
cool

So basically, a flip-open fish house is a Jet or Otter sled with a folding conduit frame & fabric walls. Everything folds back into the house & when in transport, looks like this

And when set up, looks like this

So basically, if you took the roof off & replaced the fabric with blind material, boom, you have a portable blind. Plus, the Otter sled doubles to carry your stuff in. Thoughts?

Cigarettes are like hamsters. Perfectly harmless til you put it in your mouth & light it on fire
Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: Fishuhalik] #5995515 10/26/15 10:49 PM
B
Buffs 1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Its not a bad idea, but you might as well just buy one of the Ameristep chair blinds.

Ameristep Waterfowl Blind

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: DuckOil82] #5995571 10/26/15 11:30 PM
F
Fishuhalik Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Well, look at that. Haven't seen one of those before. That's about exactly what I had in mind. Have any of you tried The Muskrat Hut blinds? I was living in North Dakota for 2 years, where there's a ton of big, shallow prairie pothole lakes that offered no concealment along the edges. Birds would group up in the middle of the potholes, stay there til after shooting hours & move to fields in the dark. I didn't find em til after my last season there though. It woulda been a game changer on so many hunts!!!

Cigarettes are like hamsters. Perfectly harmless til you put it in your mouth & light it on fire
Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: DuckOil82] #5995578 10/26/15 11:32 PM
F
Fishuhalik Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I think they would work great on just about any body of water though. You can set em up just about anywhere on a pond or lake right out in the open & be fully concealed. Good thing to throw in the mix when you're dealing with educated birds that have seen just about everything

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: Limit Extender] #5996166 10/27/15 09:25 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Limit Extender
I went on a hunt last year where we didn't even sit in any kind of blind. We just sat next to a bush and were really still. Shot a 4 man limit (in the face) in less than an hour. We're pro's like that though.

Your not a pro quite yet, what your describing is second string ball, evident by just showing up, no blind, no game plan, nada. Typical amateur mistakes. See a real pro in action, you'll understand why the duck hunt groupies worship us like the hunting Gods of yore. Mars ain't got [censored] on us, I'll bet you've NEVER seen the hot duck hunt groupie chicks that follow my crew around, sit in the parking lot by our trucks waiting for us to get a limit, then start the second round of shooting in the Parkin lot. Have they ever sat by your trucks after the hunt? We'll there you go. That's why you've never seen them.

Now, these girls are experienced and like a lot of action, a lot of shootin, they listen get really turned on by a LOT of action. If it took smokin 2 boxes of shells to get a limit, they're so lathered up by the time we get back to the trucks that they're usually already naked, dentures out, splayed out in the bed of the truck. I've had waders literally torn from my body by these girls. THIS, is what separates the boys from the pro's.

Typical hunt, limits for everyone (pros are team players, we share/swap if need be) so we"rue all standing in the water, joking, braggin about how leet we are, telling dirty jokes about this one groupie that digs mandarin ducks (that explosive penis thing:), so we're in the water picking up dekes, and despite our best effort to shoo them away, they keep coming, literally dropping in the water within mere feet of us. There's a difference. Though being an amateur and all I guess you wouldn't know that.

Amateurs just kinda "sit" by the bush, bein all proper. Not pro's, no one gives us jack, we TAKE our ducks the way WE want them, and gettin up IN the bush and getting rough wit it is how we get the job done.

Some ducks wanna be taken, BEG to be taken, that's why they ignore passive amateur hunters and never land in your lap. Hunt log enough, you'll figure it out.

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: aerangis] #5996349 10/27/15 01:29 PM
L
Limit Extender Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
^^^We had a plan. Sit next to a bush and kill the [censored] out of em. Executed to perfection.

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: Limit Extender] #5996365 10/27/15 01:39 PM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I think I have seen those groupie chicks with beards. sick

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: Guy] #5996691 10/27/15 04:36 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Guy
I think I have seen those groupie chicks with beards. sick

Wasn't our chicks, prolly ams. Our clique has strict requirements. You want some big ducks, roll bushy pits and a beard. Trimmed, but bearded. We're duck hunters, not metro "looks cool on tv lets do it" gamer-anime -pedo-fantasy pervs. Again, pro vs ams.

Men diggin on hairless, closet pervs.

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: aerangis] #5996706 10/27/15 04:49 PM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: aerangis
Originally Posted By: Limit Extender
I went on a hunt last year where we didn't even sit in any kind of blind. We just sat next to a bush and were really still. Shot a 4 man limit (in the face) in less than an hour. We're pro's like that though.

Your not a pro quite yet, what your describing is second string ball, evident by just showing up, no blind, no game plan, nada. Typical amateur mistakes. See a real pro in action, you'll understand why the duck hunt groupies worship us like the hunting Gods of yore. Mars ain't got [censored] on us, I'll bet you've NEVER seen the hot duck hunt groupie chicks that follow my crew around, sit in the parking lot by our trucks waiting for us to get a limit, then start the second round of shooting in the Parkin lot. Have they ever sat by your trucks after the hunt? We'll there you go. That's why you've never seen them.

Now, these girls are experienced and like a lot of action, a lot of shootin, they listen get really turned on by a LOT of action. If it took smokin 2 boxes of shells to get a limit, they're so lathered up by the time we get back to the trucks that they're usually already naked, dentures out, splayed out in the bed of the truck. I've had waders literally torn from my body by these girls. THIS, is what separates the boys from the pro's.

Typical hunt, limits for everyone (pros are team players, we share/swap if need be) so we"rue all standing in the water, joking, braggin about how leet we are, telling dirty jokes about this one groupie that digs mandarin ducks (that explosive penis thing:), so we're in the water picking up dekes, and despite our best effort to shoo them away, they keep coming, literally dropping in the water within mere feet of us. There's a difference. Though being an amateur and all I guess you wouldn't know that.

Amateurs just kinda "sit" by the bush, bein all proper. Not pro's, no one gives us jack, we TAKE our ducks the way WE want them, and gettin up IN the bush and getting rough wit it is how we get the job done.

Some ducks wanna be taken, BEG to be taken, that's why they ignore passive amateur hunters and never land in your lap. Hunt log enough, you'll figure it out.

roflmao

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: FowlDreams] #6051309 11/26/15 06:35 PM
J
jmscalf Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: FowlDreams
Originally Posted By: DuckOil82
Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided on a PVC blind. Will upload pics when complete

Yeah good luck with that. Always turned out to be more of a hassle.

I can agree with that. Lol

Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: garrett] #6052299 11/27/15 04:36 AM
G
Greekangler Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: garrett
layout blinds are the new mojo...when mojos came out they worked great and then over time they began flaring birds...layouts worked great until everyone started using them non stop and now those piles of grass at the waters edge means danger.

We hunt soil conservation lake at times w NO cover around outside of sled blind, floating blind, or lay down blind. All about blending in. Agree w Mojos- they flare birds as often as they bring them in- concealment of any type- including Gilly and a stool or siting in grass is about standing still, blending in, and hiding that white face.

It's all about changing it up- decoy spreads, presentation- cross wind vs head on- etc- the more your presentation- blind, dekes, concealment looks like everyone else's- the more likely you will be noticed.

We have actually had great hunts setting up decoys opposite of were we set up with a single jerk rig in front of us or mallard machine w 2-3 dekes on it-

We had a lease in Kaufman that had a wooden 8 man blind- never grassed up that was not a pit- just painted brown- shot hundreds of ducks on that pond

Last edited by Greekangler; 11/27/15 04:40 AM.

[Linked Image]
Take a kid Huntin
Re: Ideas for Portable Duck Blind [Re: garrett] #6057496 11/30/15 07:08 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: garrett
Corsicana is a hell of a town

The real action is at the VFW.

One night with the VFW honeys, you'll wish all women were born without teeth.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide