6246586 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#5973790 - 10/12/15 03:12 PM Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion
Creekrunner Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell

Zimbabwe won't charge dentist

NOT saying the dentist is a great guy, just relaying the facts. Notice, Johnny Rodrigues very carefully doesn't mention any particular law that was broken. He's afraid his PR stunt for more funding is going to wither away and die. This is the most people he's ever gotten to listen to his liberal, anti-hunting rants.

And the last line, about the "catastrophic recession" is hilarious; like "Mad Bob" has absolutely nothing to do with it.

#5974062 - 10/12/15 05:35 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
Pitchfork Predator Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
I hope he sues the local media that tried and convicted him without any facts, basically ruining his dental practice.

Didn't take long for this corrupt dictatorship to miss the money, did it?

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#5974136 - 10/12/15 06:24 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
LOL, everybody wants to sue. He can try to sue the media all he wants, but so long as they didn't report knowingly wrong information that was slanderous, then they are in the clear for reporting public information.

#5974335 - 10/12/15 08:11 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
EddieWalker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
Wonder if SCI is going to rethink their knee jerk reaction siding with the anti hunters?

#5974399 - 10/12/15 08:39 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
This will never make the headlines, and the few places that do report it will be a drop in the bucket compared to the "crucifixion" he went through. bang

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#5974400 - 10/12/15 08:40 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
This will never make the headlines, and the few places that do report it will be a drop in the bucket compared to the "crucifixion" he went through. bang

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#5974401 - 10/12/15 08:40 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
BigRon Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Wise County
Wonder if the folks on this forum who claimed to have inside information and parroted the anti hunter line that the lion was illegally lured off the reserve are going to rethink their knee jerk reaction as well.

I will not lie, cheat, or steal. Nor tolerate those who do.

God is so good to me.

#5974446 - 10/12/15 09:01 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: BigRon]
txshntr Online   content
T-Rex Arms

Loc: Mansfield, Texas
Originally Posted By: BigRon
Wonder if the folks on this forum who claimed to have inside information and parroted the anti hunter line that the lion was illegally lured off the reserve are going to rethink their knee jerk reaction as well.

Doubtful since the article states that the PH is still facing charges for that. They just didn't blame the hunter for the guides actions.

Quote:
Two more people still face charges related to Cecil's killing. Both allegedly were involved in using bait to lure the lion out of his habitat in Hwange National Park so he could be killed.

Theo Bronkhorst, a professional hunter in Zimbabwe, is charged with breaching hunting rules in connection with the hunt in which Cecil was killed. A game park owner is also charged with allowing an illegal hunt. Both have denied the charges.

#5974473 - 10/12/15 09:13 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: BigRon]
Creekrunner Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Originally Posted By: BigRon

Big portion of that was just jealousy, pure and simple.

The crux of the matter is if the guide did a drag starting in the park. That's of course illegal. If he did a drag 1" off the road that forms the boundary, he was legal. Could be a crooked PH. Could be a crooked land owner. PHs wait, legally, for game to wander out of the parks into a hunting area all the time. I don't believe the details of the drag were ever covered, just the media word "lured". It sounds so sinister, like a child molester.

#5974488 - 10/12/15 09:18 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Double Naught Spy]
BOONER Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Brownwood,Tx
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
LOL, everybody wants to sue. He can try to sue the media all he wants, but so long as they didn't report knowingly wrong information that was slanderous, then they are in the clear for reporting public information.

Lol yes they do but in this case I sure wish he could sue! Basically ruined this mans business because of libetard animal loving idiot reporters over a damned animal!

#5974504 - 10/12/15 09:24 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
nsmike Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: MN
I'm familiar with the local coverage and it's been already been reported that he wouldn't be charged. At the time the story broke, there was a pretty good breakdown of what the law was and that the PH, bore the responsibility for a legal hunt. That revelation meant nothing to the animal activists. The PH involved has since been charged with violating Game Laws in South Africa, capturing and transporting animals, without the proper permits.

#5974795 - 10/13/15 06:59 AM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
Quote:
This will never make the headlines, and the few places that do report it will be a drop in the bucket compared to the "crucifixion" he went through.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34508269
http://news.yahoo.com/zimbabwe-says-not-charge-u-dentist-killing-cecil-133842381.html
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/12/africa/zimbabwe-cecil-lion-walter-palmer-no-charges/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...lling/73811010/

Well it did make the headlines. No it won't get the coverage because the aspect about the dentist is no longer an ongoing story with updates. That is only logical.

#5974812 - 10/13/15 07:22 AM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Double Naught Spy]
Pitchfork Predator Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

I'm curious what you find funny about this?

And I don't need an explanation from you on what you can and can't sue the media for oh great wise one. muyloco

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#5978003 - 10/14/15 08:16 PM Re: Just an update...Zim...yes, the lion [Re: Creekrunner]
UNT@2007 Offline
Light Foot

I think Theo Bronkhorst's trial is back on tomorrow after his lawyers argued for the charges to be dropped against him back in September. I predict that after Palmer was cleared he will be cleared also.

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide