Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Brother in-law] #5957795 10/02/15 05:18 PM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
A lot of valid presentations here for my entertainment value

Civil disagreement between two experienced members is healthy for any forum, and we THF-ers are free to make up our own minds however the spirit moves us. But when one side of the disagreement turns the discussion into a name-calling personal attack, our whole forum experience is cheapened to the level of a preschool playground fight. Entertainment value, or not, it benefits no one.

IMO, the THF staff and moderators should all man a short leash and a big stick in tolerating this sort of malicious behavior.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5957921 10/02/15 07:20 PM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I think the thread hasn't been locked yet because it has only gotten ugly between two. Far as I am concerned, it's just a goober sandwich with extra JELLY. wink

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5957937 10/02/15 07:41 PM
S
SingleShot85 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
locking threads, that solves tons......RFD does make some valid points, FG is a big boy and can handle his own.... Big Bro stepping in, bush league move
if you don't like it don't read it as someone here explained to me....

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Regular Guy] #5957961 10/02/15 07:54 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Regular Guy
Far as I am concerned, it's just a goober sandwich with extra JELLY. wink

As I indicated, I am a quote nerd and I am going to steal this one, awesome! cheers

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5958155 10/02/15 10:52 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Love me some goobers duel

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Buzzsaw] #5958159 10/02/15 10:55 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Love me some goobers duel

Sig worthy. Lol come on Buzz you're making it too easy.

[Linked Image]

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5958216 10/03/15 12:10 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Hey, I'm not getting into any war here.

I have met Jason and shot with Jason several times. Our styles of shooting are not the same and we have fun teasing each other about it. Yes, he knows his stuff around a rifle as good as anybody

BUT

As a man, you would have to look a long way to find a better one, The guy would give the shirt off his back if you asked him, that's why he's Fireman, cause of his love of people. He is a natural leader and put here to HELP people, period. It may me helping people learn to shoot better for enough money to buy white spray paint and stuff to keep his range in top notch condition and if there is any left over he might buy a pound or two of powder and a box of bullets, OR it may be saving somebody's life

Hell, he's just good people and I'm proud to call him a friend.

I'm sure RFD is a pretty good guy too. We all enjoy the same stuff and a little dart throwing is just what we do.

Now all this being said...

You can all GFY

rock_on

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5958382 10/03/15 02:04 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5958409 10/03/15 02:19 AM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
The nearest "long" range to my house is 600 yards and charges i think $15 an hour. For Fireman's rate, something like $300 or so (don't quote me) a full day of shooting including like 80 rounds of handloads and the use of an moa rifle out to 800 yards is pretty competitive. He shows you how to use it, too. I havent been to his range, but you can tell by his posts that the guy definitely has a clue, and hasn't ripped off anyone on the forum. That is why the dudes are defending him...

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Cattleman] #5958475 10/03/15 03:10 AM
S
SingleShot85 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I'm not voting for either just stating facts. No need to beat a dead horse and as stated FJG can handle his own but when your a little bullish your going hooked every now and again, so fly away little birdie

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: SingleShot85] #5958575 10/03/15 05:15 AM
B
BushFamilyNine Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B

Re: Texan sets new record [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5958693 10/03/15 12:39 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Rockfish Dave
When I represent myself as an expert for financial gain, I indeed should (and do in my professional life) explain my qualifications and answer any questions, but I am not selling anything nor pointing out anything that isn't very basic. Directing that at me is just a misdirection, with the intent of distracting from crux of the issue: A person representing themselves as an expert for financial gain.

Think of all the Fireclean customers that are feeling duped after it has been reported that it is nothing more than canola oil. They perfectly happy using the product before, so what changed? They were mislead into thinking it was something more than what it was and paying a 10,000% mark-up for it. Not everyone is upset, some see the silver lining, now one can just buy some PAM to coat their AR15 bolt carrier group, and get the same benefit for less.

To be honest you can get much of what he is selling in the Magpul traing videos clearance sale DVD set for $9.99 (excellent production quality and entertaining to boot). In fact much of his nomenclature is exactly the same as what they use in the video's. I have a sneaky suspicion that that makes up the vast majority of his "qualification instruction". Buy the set, spend the difference in ammo and range time. Then go to classes, or with other shooters with an open mind, for an outside perspective on how you can improve. The added bonus is after watching the series you can re-read the posts made by Jason and get some comedic value added by reading him plagiarize others work.

The free advice is not free. He is selling his facilities and services, that is his payoff.

To be blunt: I am only asking him to be honest. The customer will vote with their dollars. That's the way things work, or should at least.

I will quote you because according to you it is a lack of integrity if I don't. I don't even know how you stretched not quoting to lack of integrity. While everyone that knows me will say my integrity is beyond reproach. This is clearly one of your tactics to, for some reason reduce me to rubble, though I have never wronged you, anyone you know, or anyone on this forum. I have never once represented myself as an expert on anything. You are fabricating that lie.

I have watched the 500+ minutes of the Magpul videos. I wrote down two little notes. Other than that it was nothing that helped me much. To suggest to anyone that a person watching a video can learn the same information, develop the same physical skills, and end the day with the same quality of instruction as actually shooting on a range is beyond comedic and entered into the realm of stupidity. I can watch NASCAR, it doesn't mean I can go out and win Daytona. Medical students from EMT Basics to soon to be doctors watch videos in class, they also get more hands-on practice learning the skills they desire. That statement shows that you really don't shoot much, as I was told via text by a THF member that has spent time with you.

Most of the free advice is free. I welcome any moderator to go into my PM box on this forum and verify how many topics there are of rifle, scope, ammo questions from guys that made no mention of coming to my range, but wanted to pick my brain for help, and I have happily helped them for several pages of conversation. And many times they do this because of back ground BS from people like you that like to throw their two cents worth in, make fun, and belittle even though they have no first hand experience with the topic. I invested everything I had into buying the land, and building the range on it. I can afford to make the land payment without teaching on the range and putting myself at risk letting strangers shoot there. I could have built the range and kept it to myself. Instead I make it available for guys TO APPROACH ME and request a day of instruction, weather it be teaching the basics, or tweaking some things they are already competent with. I also make the range available for guys to come out and practice, even when I am not there. And there are several THF members that do so on a monthly basis. So according to you it is wrong that I charge people for a day of my time, and getting to use the range that I maintain (which is work every week of the year). If I were wealthy I would do it for free, but I am not wealthy, and thought it financially wise to try to recoup some of my expenses.

"Customers will vote with their dollars." They have done so, they have also written reviews and posted them here, and not a single one has had anything negative to say. In fact I am on a slow increase in business, simply because more people have come out for a day and spoke positive of their experience and the knowledge base they left with. Good customer service will build a company and bad customer service will destroy it. I will repeat myself because you are writing like you have water between your ears, NOT ONE SINGLE NEGATIVE REVIEW!!! And many guys here, coming to my defense which only further shows you are either mentally ill or stupid to continue your accusations that I am cheating people out of their time and money. You have no evidence to justify your continued personal attacks, which I suspect you would not dare say in person to me or anyone else. You are simply another internet tough guy.

To everyone that is standing up for me, thank you very much!

To everyone that has been butt hurt by any post I have made about .257" or .277" bullets, I will stop making jokes about them, and will no longer speak anything negative about them. I was only stirring the pot, it is apparently not taken that way, so I am sorry. But I will never stop bashing MOA grin

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide