6248268 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#5938229 - 09/20/15 09:13 PM Blinds on adjoining fence line's
hetman Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Addison Tx
is there any rule on where Blind and feeders can be placed on adjoining fence lines?

Went into our hunting area today and the people with the property on a adjoining fence have put a blind backed up to the fence line so close you can't walk between it and the fence.

it kind of just screws up that whole end to hunt on.

already had all kind of suggestions about different kind of things to spread around the area - all that would do is screw it up for everyone.

my thought is to take a 100 yard target with a nice .5 group and tape it to the fence.

just wondering if there are any game laws that apply

"God is Good, Beer is Great & people are Crazy"

#5938232 - 09/20/15 09:15 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Boerne, Texas
No laws, the only law broken is if you can prove their bullet is crossing your property line. The best thing to do is to leave a note for them in a waterproof bag. Maybe y'all can talk about it and they will move it a bit.

You could put a blind on the opposite side of theirs and I'm sure they'd get the message.

Edited by grout-scout (09/20/15 09:16 PM)

#5938233 - 09/20/15 09:15 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
SapperTitan Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
If he is facing away from the property you hunt on and not shooting into the property you hunt on I don't think you can do anything about it besides talk to them.

#5938242 - 09/20/15 09:19 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
huntwest Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Albany
My neighbor did it, I asked him to move it some and he told me to F off. So it put one twice a s big right next to the fence in my side. Only time I ever did that, but every other time the guys hunting next to me were very agreeable.
The landowner later told the guy to move it. I moved mine.

#5938245 - 09/20/15 09:22 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
TBS Offline
Bird Dog

I guess I have never understood why this is a problem if they are facing into their property. I have huntet small acreage that this was the only safe option to set up a stand so your line of site / shot was purely on your property. I would never shoot across a fence line, but if I own the property don't I have the right to set a stand where I want. Not being argumentative, I have just never understood the great concern on this. I guess if the feeder was on the fence line then that would be a major issue.

#5938280 - 09/20/15 09:35 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
huntwest Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Albany
It was a problem for me because my house was on a straight line less than 300 yards from where it was. I had two little girls and didn't feel like I wanted to have to keep them inside during hunting season.
I know that the guy has to shoot across the fence to hit the house but a lot of people will shoot over a fence at a nice buck if they think they can get away with it. Happens all the time, just ask a warden about it.
I have caught 2 people over the years that shot a deer on my side of the fence, they never hesitated when they saw the buck.

#5938282 - 09/20/15 09:35 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
Chickenman Offline
Chickenless

Loc: Denton County
Build a billboard facing his blind 2' off the ground 1' on your side of the fence

#5938297 - 09/20/15 09:42 PM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
Navasot Offline
Natty Love

Loc: Normangee/Navasota TX
amateurs they should have put it facing one way down the fence so they can shoot as soon as they jump on the right side.. maybe they like surprises

http://www.j5tractors.com/

#5938506 - 09/21/15 06:03 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
hetman Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Addison Tx
I wonder if I could get a porta potty delivered to sit on our side of the fence? or take a mp3 player with a Bluetooth speaker and have it set to start playing opening morning around 6:30am . not sure what song at this time to just have it repeat over and over. Maybe Queen's "we are the champions" or some Hank " friends in low places"

or a cheaper way just hang some wind chimes in the trees on our side of the fence not the small ones but the big ones that "BONG" every time the wind blows. I know I hate the ones my wife hangs around the Patio

Some of the other guys told me this guys has caused a few problems over the years like coming up on opening morning during bow season in his truck yelling a one of our hunter that had a feeder approx. 80 yard off a fence line " about being a ethical hunter"

The area in question we have no feeders that are anywhere close to this guys fence line. And he has a few thousand acre's to put his blinds on with out disturbing anyone. we have a large pond on our side of the fence and he has none that are close to the area in question.

I have had no interaction with this person - what happened before is what I have been told about. Don't want to start a tit for tat war with this guy but this sucks as it is a nice area to hunt.

Edited by hetman (09/21/15 06:12 AM)

"God is Good, Beer is Great & people are Crazy"

#5938508 - 09/21/15 06:05 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
stinkbelly Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Parker County, Tx
We had this happen. We put a box blind about 50 yards on our side and made sure he could not see into out box blind. That way he would never know if we were there. He moved his.

#5938548 - 09/21/15 07:03 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
don k Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bandera, Tx
I had one do that and turned the blind over. He put it up again and I turned it over again. He then moved it.

#5938554 - 09/21/15 07:08 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Tx
Put up a sign telling him what you think about it/him, he will look at it all day and then maybe he will shoot it...then call the GW.

#5938559 - 09/21/15 07:11 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
TX Hitman Offline
Woodsman

Loc: West Texas
The piece of property I bought last year had a blind sitting right on the back fence line. The blind was owned by the leasees. The blind was facing into the property and it actually a great spot. Top of a hill so you can see a long ways down the fence line. However, the property behind me has some leasee with a feeder that was in the shooting line of that blind. The feeder is about 200ft off of the fence line based on google earth. Not too happy about that but it would be extremely hard for them to shoot across the fence line with the angle of the blind and the brush behind it. However, it would still be in a line to where that old blind was.

I placed a feeder at the same location as the previous leasees but out of respect, will not replace a blind. Plan to place a bow blind closer to the feeder and down in a draw. But I still don't like their feeder location. It is a great possiblity that a wounded deer will cross my fence line.
I'm thinking about typing a note, laminating it and zip tieing to the fence near their feeder asking they call me before crossing the fence line. Then maybe placing a camera on the note.

Thoughts?

#5938603 - 09/21/15 07:57 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: TX Hitman]
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Boerne, Texas
Originally Posted By: TX Hitman
The piece of property I bought last year had a blind sitting right on the back fence line. The blind was owned by the leasees. The blind was facing into the property and it actually a great spot. Top of a hill so you can see a long ways down the fence line. However, the property behind me has some leasee with a feeder that was in the shooting line of that blind. The feeder is about 200ft off of the fence line based on google earth. Not too happy about that but it would be extremely hard for them to shoot across the fence line with the angle of the blind and the brush behind it. However, it would still be in a line to where that old blind was.

I placed a feeder at the same location as the previous leasees but out of respect, will not replace a blind. Plan to place a bow blind closer to the feeder and down in a draw. But I still don't like their feeder location. It is a great possiblity that a wounded deer will cross my fence line.
I'm thinking about typing a note, laminating it and zip tieing to the fence near their feeder asking they call me before crossing the fence line. Then maybe placing a camera on the note.

Thoughts?

Thats a much smarter plan there than the one the OP is going to start. A war with other idiots who carry rifles with them isn't a good idea and hanging wind-chimes on the fence will scare all the deer, his and yours. You will also be receiving a visit from the game warden about hunter harassment. A smart man would take the thoughtful route first with a note or phone call. (Your landowner knows who owns the property.)

Something else to think about to the OP. You said nobody hunts back there, then why has this guy been in the wrong if nobody is ever back there?

#5938636 - 09/21/15 08:26 AM Re: Blinds on adjoining fence line's [Re: hetman]
Txduckman Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Big D
I posted a pic of a feeder put on our fence line last year. It was a member here and he called me saying he would move it. They have zero cover so not sure why they even leased the place.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide