Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: 8pointdrop] #5929472 09/15/15 02:52 PM
Rob Lay Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop

Almost childish really, if you don't like a HF...here comes the simple part...Don't hunt it. But getting down right angry about someone else hunting it? scratch

I think this poll shows it is a very small minority 7% that really wants to limit HF or "angry about someone else hunting it". I'm a little more surprised at all the anger towards those like me that don't hunt HF, but don't mind if others do. It is like many want to make it illegal to be a LF only hunter, even if we don't care you hunt HF.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: dogcatcher] #5929474 09/15/15 02:55 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
I shot a doe on a 4k acre hf ranch....my heart was beating outta my chest

I shot a buck on a 300 acre hf ranch.....my heart was beating outta my chest

I shot a buck on a 70k acre low fence ranch.....heart was beating outta my chest

Find the common denominator

Indescriminate killing? roflmao

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929497 09/15/15 03:10 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Sometimes its just does not go as planned.....

People will choose to Hunt just as EXACTLY as they want to...

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929507 09/15/15 03:15 PM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay

Almost childish really, if you don't like a HF...here comes the simple part...Don't hunt it. But getting down right angry about someone else hunting it? scratch

I think this poll shows it is a very small minority 7% that really wants to limit HF or "angry about someone else hunting it". I'm a little more surprised at all the anger towards those like me that don't hunt HF, but don't mind if others do. It is like many want to make it illegal to be a LF only hunter, even if we don't care you hunt HF.

This! And although I think high fence hunting is fine if thats what you want to do, record animals killed inside a high fenced area should be recorded separately from free roaming animals. At least there should be an asterisk or something to denote that fact.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929512 09/15/15 03:17 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

If you really don't care either way you wouldn't have started a poll. These HF debates should be viewed as trolling.

Honestly I've never killed anything larger than a yote and hogs on a HF and probably never will, so somehow now I'm a better hunter than the other guys...Just typing that last part seemed dumb.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929522 09/15/15 03:24 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
HF/LF is of course just an opinion, I am a Capitalist in the truest sense of the word, so if you own it, you can build a dome around it and charge whatever anyone will pay for all I care, just don't brag about as it isn't, has never been and will never the same accomplishment as killing something unrestrained by a barrier it cannot cross no matter what the acreage said barrier is surrounding.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: 8pointdrop] #5929534 09/15/15 03:37 PM
Rob Lay Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
If you really don't care either way you wouldn't have started a poll. These HF debates should be viewed as trolling.

to spell it out I think poll makes a point that more of the trolling and hate is towards LF guys than the other way around. hopefully the THF community can be the better for it, as you see from my register date, posts, and donation I care about the community.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929537 09/15/15 03:38 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
If you notice on the poll - only one option is selfish enough to think that another option should be outlawed. That sums it up pretty well.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929545 09/15/15 03:45 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L

Misquote of the year.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929553 09/15/15 03:51 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Huh. And all this time I thought most of the trolling and hate came from the low fence purists who have disdain for anyone who hunts any other way.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: tShawnB] #5929567 09/15/15 04:02 PM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
HF/LF is of course just an opinion, I am a Capitalist in the truest sense of the word, so if you own it, you can build a dome around it and charge whatever anyone will pay for all I care, just don't brag about as it isn't, has never been and will never the same accomplishment as killing something unrestrained by a barrier it cannot cross no matter what the acreage said barrier is surrounding.

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: fouzman] #5929572 09/15/15 04:04 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Huh. And all this time I thought most of the trolling and hate came from the low fence purists who have disdain for anyone who hunts any other way.

Nah man is all the HF guys mad at everyone for hunting LF... bang

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929628 09/15/15 04:43 PM
N
nsmike Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I think I've been pretty consistent in saying everyone needs to please themselves and not worry about other people's opinions. All I ask is that hunts be honestly represented. I live in an area where deer drives are common, I don't particularly care for them, other people can do them, I do care when they screw up my public land hunt. I do appreciate HF ranches because they aren't affected much by neighboring ranches, after dealing with the circus of public land hunting privately held ranches, HF or LF, are a welcome change.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929633 09/15/15 04:45 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I've been perusing and lurking on this forum since '09, and I can tell you that the ONLY thing this poll proves is that hunting season is just around the corner and all the 'natives' are starting to get restless and their necks are starting to swell! grin (or it's just a really slow day on THF confused2?)

Last edited by talkturkey; 09/15/15 04:46 PM.
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929746 09/15/15 05:47 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
If you notice on the poll - only one option is selfish enough to think that another option should be outlawed. That sums it up pretty well.

to spell it out I think poll makes a point that more of the trolling and hate is towards LF guys than the other way around. hopefully the THF community can be the better for it, as you see from my register date, posts, and donation I care about the community.

I would like to believe you Rob, but as is pointed out above, the poll itself says the opposite.

If we want to look at the big picture, let's look at the fact that you are a member of the Hall of Shame, the list of members that have been banned from this site along with your elitist hunting compadre, Nogalus Prairie who was recently added to the list for his participation in these same type of threads.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929814 09/15/15 06:30 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
While we are all talking about it...

I try to avoid the exotic section because I don't agree with it. I know buddies who have shot sheep literally in pens just to have a head on the wall.

I find it funny that there is a subforum entitled exotic "hunting" and the first post is for the live sale of a bull elk. Rings more to livestock to me than hunting, but that's why I try to stay away from that section, I smh every time I see that post on the main page.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5929837 09/15/15 06:45 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas

I would like to believe you Rob, but as is pointed out above, the poll itself says the opposite.

If we want to look at the big picture, let's look at the fact that you are a member of the Hall of Shame, the list of members that have been banned from this site along with your elitist hunting compadre, Nogalus Prairie who was recently added to the list for his participation in these same type of threads.

I don't think that is a good/fair point. Who decides what is deemed "elitist"? the largest group?
If you go "there" because you disagree with the "click", it is censorship IMO. If it is for arguing ect tra, then there should be many more names on that "list". Just because you don't agree with some, should not mean you get "camp" time. There are several who actually "troll" regularly, that have yet to be on there. There has been many "participants" in those threads.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: redchevy] #5929841 09/15/15 06:48 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: redchevy

I try to avoid the exotic section because I don't agree with it. I know buddies who have shot sheep literally in pens just to have a head on the wall.

I find it funny that there is a subforum entitled exotic "hunting" and the first post is for the live sale of a bull elk. Rings more to livestock to me than hunting, but that's why I try to stay away from that section, I smh every time I see that post on the main page.

So what's the difference in someone selling trophy deer hunts for bucks that score a certain number of inches?

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929844 09/15/15 06:52 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I don't think your giving the mods enough credit for what they do Dennis.

I've never seen a ban for disagreeing with the majority of opinions.

I don't find it coincidental that this survey pops up after NP was banned. 2cents

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: SniperRAB] #5929849 09/15/15 06:54 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Sometimes its just does not go as planned.....

People will choose to Hunt just as EXACTLY as they want to...

Oh there he is...how did you get that video of him?

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Jimbo] #5929859 09/15/15 07:00 PM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Jimbo

So what's the difference in someone selling trophy deer hunts for bucks that score a certain number of inches?

I agree and it's a shame. I just don't get it and don't understand how that is enjoyable or rewarding. Again, if it ever comes down to that being the only way to "hunt" or pretend to hunt, I'd rather just give it up. Maybe I could then have enough time to post 10,000+ posts on the hunting forum instead of spending time outside living it.....

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Jimbo] #5929869 09/15/15 07:06 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Jimbo

Who knows you can sell hunts for big bucks by the inch low fence free range or out of a breeder pen. I just tend to believe if its loaded on a trailer its more or less livestock than hunting. Which is why I avoid that section of the forum.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5929910 09/15/15 07:33 PM
Rob Lay Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I don't think your giving the mods enough credit for what they do Dennis.

I've never seen a ban for disagreeing with the majority of opinions.

I don't find it coincidental that this survey pops up after NP was banned. 2cents

I didn't even know NP was banned.

I agree with you 100% never seen a ban on THF for the HF guys, who are in the majority of users and especially mods. I got my ban for breaking the rules. Don k attacked me and I defended myself adequately. Mods didn't remove don k's attack, but removed my defense. I then questioned the mods in a post. Simple, don't critique the mods no matter what.

Any more comparisons of countries and what is what? laugh

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: Rob Lay] #5929934 09/15/15 07:50 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I don't think hunting any of God's wonderful and delicious creatures is right. lizard

Re: The Ultimate HF vs. LF Poll [Re: redchevy] #5929941 09/15/15 07:57 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

red - I've killed several axis, all of them low fence. Granted, the section can resemble a livestock auction sometimes, but to "not agree" with an exotic section?

'Just thought I'd check in here. 'Seems to be going really well. grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide