I got a little time. When I bought the new lower unit and had it shipped, it was then I found out it was a 4 stroke lower for a merc 60. Mine is a 2 stroke. I was ticked. In looking at them they looked the same. The only difference was the power shaft was 6 inches longer on the 4 stroke. The boat shop guy said he would just switch them. So I did.
Fast forward to me trying to hook all the cables and linkages ect. I invented 21 new cuss words. I am extremely prideful and can't stand another man fixing something I couldn't fix. I'd rather get kicked In the face by a donkey.
Well fortunately I took it in. The lower was missing a spring and two ball type bearings. I don't remember seeing these when I tore into the unit.
So Ducktoon is fully functional. A river test is in order Sunday evening. The nearest water is 40 minutes away on the Colorado in Altair, TX. We going to see if this sucker even floats.
A couple full days and This project will be completed. That is if it floats Sunday.
A few years ago we had a real rainy early season hat put several lake 's way out of their banks. GR Elliot I can't wait to use this boat for situations just like the last time.