Forums46
Topics538,036
Posts9,732,206
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: cyphertext] #5919845 09/09/15 03:02 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: cyphertext
Originally Posted By: ndhunter
Quote:
Can't change those days, but not really relevant since the kids are out of school for two to three weeks around those days anyway.

You should change your child's birthday each year to insure that it always falls on a Saturday

That work for you?

Well smart [censored], actually his parties were always held on weekends to insure that his friends could come... most parents do this as well.

You guys do realize that deer season always starts on a Saturday, right? And this wasn't always the case... And back when I was a kid, we didn't start school until after Labor Day, so the start of dove season wasn't an issue then either.

I think you missed the point of my original post so I provided a better example. No need for name calling.

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Mathp] #5919848 09/09/15 03:04 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
To be fair it's really just the one guy whining over and over and over again. Seems most just accept reality and adjust accordingly.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Marcstar] #5919957 09/09/15 03:57 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Marcstar
To be fair it's really just the one guy whining over and over and over again. Seems most just accept reality and adjust accordingly.

To be fair I am just explaining my position... it isn't whining over and over... a member asked why it doesn't start on a Saturday, and it seems the answer is "just because". I've given a reason why I would like to see it start on a Saturday, like deer season. Nothing more... For me, my son, and the group that I dove hunt with, we all wish it would start on a Saturday... makes it more convenient for us... that is all I am saying. And I am just responding to folks who make a post, aimed at me.

Until it changes, I will continue to take days off and go hunt. My son missed this year... disappointing, but he is ok with it. It is what it is.

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Mathp] #5919970 09/09/15 04:03 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
priorities, if you want to hunt opener you will, life is to short to not do the things you love...you will never get this opener back, dont miss the next one just because trivial life issues got you holed up.

one life to live, live it how you want it, cyphertext

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Mathp] #5919991 09/09/15 04:10 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Even though I'm retired TPWD, I do know that the Feds have it with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 where no migratory bird season may start before September 1st of any year.

Texas dove hunters were asked if they wanted for the Central and North Zones to start on the first Saturday of September or September 1st. The majority voted to keep the Sept. 1st as opening day as to not lose any hunter days waiting until that first Saturday if the 1st didn't fall on it.

I also remember as younger years, dove season not opening until noon on opening day as well as all during the season and we only had a Fall season, no Winter season.

Had one fellow that would call each year asking and begging to change opening day to the first Saturday for his grandson. Nothing we could do and he would call each year until we had the dove hunter poll and sent him the results.

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Mathp] #5920085 09/09/15 04:41 PM
K
kweber Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
deer season always started Nov16, doves sept01 thru oct31... till all the whining started.
and I think quail went nov.1 thru jan.31...
now it's all about who bishes the most...

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: kweber] #5920193 09/09/15 05:44 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: kweber

now it's all about who bishes the most...

Such is life. frown

[Linked Image]

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: kyotee1] #5920245 09/09/15 06:14 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: kyotee1
Even though I'm retired TPWD, I do know that the Feds have it with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 where no migratory bird season may start before September 1st of any year.

Texas dove hunters were asked if they wanted for the Central and North Zones to start on the first Saturday of September or September 1st. The majority voted to keep the Sept. 1st as opening day as to not lose any hunter days waiting until that first Saturday if the 1st didn't fall on it.

I also remember as younger years, dove season not opening until noon on opening day as well as all during the season and we only had a Fall season, no Winter season.

Had one fellow that would call each year asking and begging to change opening day to the first Saturday for his grandson. Nothing we could do and he would call each year until we had the dove hunter poll and sent him the results.

That was an online poll or survey wasn't it kyotee? Seems I remember a link and on this forum and responding.

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Mathp] #5920270 09/09/15 06:25 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Explaining your position once is fine Chyper...doing it over and over becomes what most would call whining. I think that's just everyone else opinion...but clearly not yours. I guess as Kyotees post would suggest it would be best to take your complaints to TPWD and maybe they will come out with a new poll. Times change and so do positions. I'd still vote Sept 1st because I don't want to wait until the 5th like I we would have this year. But it looks like the next few years the 1st falls over the weekend so maybe that will cool your heels for a bit.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Marcstar] #5920295 09/09/15 06:36 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Quote:
But it looks like the next few years the 1st falls over the weekend so maybe that will cool your heels for a bit.

I predict there will be complaints about the crowded fields confused2

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Marcstar] #5920450 09/09/15 08:12 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Explaining your position once is fine Chyper...doing it over and over becomes what most would call whining. I think that's just everyone else opinion...but clearly not yours.

If you don't want me to respond, then quit quoting me, or addressing something to me. I'm sorry that you guys keep addressing me, so I respond.

I'm done.

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: cyphertext] #5920482 09/09/15 08:30 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Explaining your position once is fine Chyper...doing it over and over becomes what most would call whining. I think that's just everyone else opinion...but clearly not yours.

If you don't want me to respond, then quit quoting me, or addressing something to me. I'm sorry that you guys keep addressing me, so I respond.

I'm done.

so why do you want it moved again?

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: garrett] #5920534 09/09/15 08:52 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: garrett

I'm done.

so why do you want it moved again?

smile cheers

Re: Why not Dove open Sat. of Labor Day Weekend? [Re: Mathp] #5920917 09/10/15 12:23 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
The 1st is just a tradition, and due to work and my anniversary and wife's birthday 6th and 7th, I have rarely made it out for official opener. And if our anniversary and birthday happen to fall in first weekend, not there as well! Heading out this weekend by myself and plan to enjoy it either way. Wish my boys could get off work though to join me.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide