Forum Stats
60473 Members
45 Forums
476082 Topics
6245227 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5915753 - 09/06/15 06:43 PM The people getting caught by Game wardens?
outdoorsmen54 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Wise, Montague
Do you ever read the Game Warden field notes and wonder if the people they catch is apart of THF? Or the Texas bow hunting forum? Every time I see someone getting busted, I wonder if they are apart of one of these forums.

#5915812 - 09/06/15 07:38 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
REALKILLER Offline
Tracker

roflmao That's like asking if anybody on here ever miss with there guns. I miss all the time HaHa! mostly running hogs though. Try to follow up with a kill shot or two. I know a real nice game warden and know of some real (cuss words). Heard enough to figure that I don't want to be wear they are. grin

#5915894 - 09/06/15 08:41 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
tlk Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: outdoorsmen54
Do you ever read the Game Warden field notes and wonder if the people they catch is apart of THF? Or the Texas bow hunting forum? Every time I see someone getting busted, I wonder if they are apart of one of these forums.

why would you think that? Most everyone I have come across here are valid law abiding hunters. I may not agree with their management practices or evaluation of deer but I have never thought folks on this forum are in trouble with GW - again why would you think that?

Edited by tlk (09/06/15 08:42 PM)

#5915979 - 09/06/15 09:25 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
outdoorsmen54 Offline
Bird Dog

I don't think there is. Everybody on here has answered questions for me and been very nice. But there's also a lot of members on here. Im not saying there is, just have always been curious cause you never know. I mean look at the preachers and teachers on the news for have relations with minors. You just never know.

#5915999 - 09/06/15 09:33 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: tlk]
Grizz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Granbury, TX
Originally Posted By: tlk

why would you think that? Most everyone I have come across here are valid law abiding hunters. I may not agree with their management practices or evaluation of deer but I have never thought folks on this forum are in trouble with GW - again why would you think that?

If I'm understanding him correctly, he's not saying he thinks that. He just wonders since there are so many members here.

#5916026 - 09/06/15 09:45 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: tlk]
rifleman Online   crying
Sparkly Pants

Loc: Kingwood

Man, after years of looking at some of the posts that have shown up, you can't help but wonder. Majority are like you say though.

#5916081 - 09/06/15 10:12 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
TexFlip Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Harris County
Even teetotlers get caught in the liquor store from time to time. Just sayin.

Edited by TexFlip (09/06/15 10:12 PM)

#5916092 - 09/06/15 10:23 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Graham to Arlington
I'm sure there are some. Hell I got a ticket from a warden myself this year.

#5916114 - 09/06/15 10:43 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Like everything else there is always that 5 to 10 percent of the population that believe they are "exempt" from laws and rules if they think nobody is watching.

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#5916143 - 09/06/15 11:08 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: tlk]
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy

Loc: Metroplex

Alot of great people on both those sites. With that said...
crime stoppers have a lot easier job thanks to social media!! It's funny but sad at the same time. Lots of tickets via social media.

#5916159 - 09/06/15 11:22 PM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
Navasot Offline
Natty Love

Loc: Normangee/Navasota TX
Everything you read on the Internet is true.. Perfect souls everywere.. Most everyone has got a ticket here and there.. Don't make um a bad person..

http://www.j5tractors.com/

#5916220 - 09/07/15 01:52 AM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
Someone Online   happy
Outdoorsman

I think it has been discussed in the past and there is a pretty good body of circumstantial evidence that poachers especially read these forums as a lurker

put it like this if you have ever seen some of the complete and total morons that happen to get caught after breaking into a home based on some other (fools) facebook post about being out of town or having a bunch of nice new items to steal in their home......well if those idiots can figure out to use the WWW to find houses to break into I am sure others can use a forum like this to find a place to poach or to steal hunting gear and lease items from

#5916241 - 09/07/15 04:26 AM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
REALKILLER Offline
Tracker

roflmao If it makes you feel better, one time I got invited to go on a dove hunt with my moms boy friend and his friends when I was maybe 11 ? The crappy spot we were in had no dove, but a game warden pulled up and wrote one of the guys a ticket for baiting? I didn't have a clue what was going on and did not get a ticket. Didn't even see any bait. Just sat on a bucket looking into the barren sky. shocked

#5916368 - 09/07/15 08:28 AM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
outdoorsmen54 Offline
Bird Dog

I agree everyone makes mistakes. And I agree they aren't bad people just because of a poor judgement they have made along the way. In no way am I aiming this towards anyone. I just have a curious mind. I know a guy that I use to be pretty good friends with. After he was stopped twice with me in the truck with him by a game warden, I knew something was fishy with him. I quit hanging out with him because I didn't wanna bad reputation with the warden. Sure enough he got caught road hunting with a female minor in the truck (2 years younger then him). He was always a straight A student in school. Was a teachers kid. Had never been in trouble. He made a big mistake.

#5916470 - 09/07/15 09:53 AM Re: The people getting caught by Game wardens? [Re: outdoorsmen54]
EddieWalker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
I've been stopped and questioned by game wardens quite a few times. I've been given warnings, but never cited for anything. I think a lot of it is being respectful and doing what they asked of me. One of the warnings was for not having my license with me. I forgot my wallet at home and didn't have any identification at all. Most of the times I was stopped was out duck hunting in CA where you are limited to 25 shells at a time. They would count our shells and check for hidden shells on the way out to the blind, then count our ducks and look for hidden ones on our way back. Actually their dog did most of that work. Of the dozens of times I've been stopped, there was only one time where the game warden was out of line, and after reporting him and filing a complaint, he was fired.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide