Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: LuckyHunter] #5921705 09/10/15 01:04 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Let's talk about gun control and the non gun owners views. It will make as much sense as NP.

There are fewer folks that buy into his nonsense than there are that still read "Field and Stream", "Sports Afield", "Outdoor Life" which aren't many.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5921732 09/10/15 01:24 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: txshntr
He didn't hit a nerve. I just call out lies when I see them. Do you just lay down and let folks tell lies on you? Celebrate liars, as long as they aren't lying about you?

The man has said my sheep hunt was a "water hole" hunt, then that I hired a chopper, and now he says he supports it. Which one - the water hole hunt, the chopper one, or the real one. He is full of bs and always has been. All yap. What he knows about sheep hunting you could put in a thimble. He proves that every time he opens his mouth.

You attack his way of hunting (and lively hood) and he attacks your way of hunting (and I have seen you cry fowl when someone attacks your lively hood). There are HF places that are as you depict them...there are sheep hunts that are as he depicts them.

His point is that his place is probably not as you depict them and there is a chance your sheep hunt is not as he has depicted it.

I am not trying to put words in his mouth, but it is the way I have read this wonderful and enlightening exchange.

And, for the record, I don't attack anybody. I just present my opinion. Just because others don't like it doesn't make it an "attack". It just makes those who don't like it thin-skinned. Which causes them to lash out. I'm tired of being lumped in as an "attacker". Just because some don't like the opinions I voice. It's total BS.

When you start saying things like "when you shoot your animal behind a high fence you are shooting it in a pen" you ARE attacking many hunters experience that you know nothing about because you weren't there and you don't know anything regarding their hunt that took place. Just like your crying about now that you say therancher did to you.

It's just a difference in perspective. A HF a pen. 100 acres or 1000 acres. I mean, it's there to enclose animals so those that seek them can be assured they won't go anywhere. Right? It's a pen. That's why it's there-to pen animals.

That's why it can never be fair chase. Because the biggest part of hunting is finding animals. If you assure they can't go anywhere, you've changed the game. It's not rocket science. Many may consider that statement an attack. It is not. It is a simple fact. The fence is there for a reason.

I get that those who hunt HF don't want to feel bad about what they are doing. And don't like people pointing out the obvious. But calling a HF a pen is not "attacking" anyone. It's just stating a fact. Just because some react poorly to it because they want everything sugarcoated doesn't make it an attack.

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 09/10/15 01:34 PM.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5921767 09/10/15 01:54 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Have you noticed that the difference in perspective is yours and then everyone else?

You complain that most on here gang up and attack you. It's not rocket science to figure out why.

Your extreme generalizations that you use to support your perspective bring this upon yourself.

You just don't want to own it.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5921795 09/10/15 02:22 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Have you noticed that the difference in perspective is yours and then everyone else?

You complain that most on here gang up and attack you. It's not rocket science to figure out why.

Your extreme generalizations that you use to support your perspective bring this upon yourself.

You tell yourself I am the only one who feels as I do. You are wrong. Many do, on here and otherwise. It's a subject of major discussion. Most (especially outside Texas) feel as I do.

Who posts HF threads? Not me. It's almost always the HF guys (there are 3 going on right now - all posted by HF proponents). But they don't want discussion on the subject. They simply want validation for what they are doing. To feel good about it. To feel like it's all the same. If they don't get it, they label those who don't give it to them as "attacking" them.

One of the major challenges of sport hunting is finding the game. Wild game or not (and many HF operations are not wild game), knowing the game: 1)is there and 2)is not going anywhere is the purpose of the HF. Thus, a major part of the challenge of hunting is removed. That is not a generalization-that is a fact. It's why the HFs exist.

The elk hunter who posted seems like a great guy. But wild elk are challenging to locate. You don't get one on this day, who knows where they will be tomorrow? But he knew. Inside the fence. That's a game changer, pure and simple. But I'm certain he doesn't want to hear that. And if I posted that on his thread many would not be happy about it.

Folks don't want to hear that. They want validation, not discussion. But that is not my fault. And it doesn't make me an attacker. It just makes me a guy with a point of view some don't like.

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 09/10/15 02:28 PM.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: txshntr] #5921822 09/10/15 02:52 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: BMD
I am not worried about the sheep hunt but a free eland is pretty good offer if you can pull it off smile

I want a free Eland..

Hey therancher, when we argue, you never offered me a free eland confused2

I am gonna argue with him more

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5921830 09/10/15 02:58 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K

You tell yourself I am the only one who feels as I do. You are wrong. Many do, on here and otherwise. It's a subject of major discussion. Most (especially outside Texas) feel as I do.

Who posts HF threads? Not me. It's almost always the HF guys (there are 3 going on right now - all posted by HF proponents). But they don't want discussion on the subject. They simply want validation for what they are doing. To feel good about it. To feel like it's all the same. If they don't get it, they label those who don't give it to them as "attacking" them.

One of the major challenges of sport hunting is finding the game. Wild game or not (and many HF operations are not wild game), knowing the game: 1)is there and 2)is not going anywhere is the purpose of the HF. Thus, a major part of the challenge of hunting is removed. That is not a generalization-that is a fact. It's why the HFs exist.

The elk hunter who posted seems like a great guy. But wild elk are challenging to locate. You don't get one on this day, who knows where they will be tomorrow? But he knew. Inside the fence. That's a game changer, pure and simple. But I'm certain he doesn't want to hear that. And if I posted that on his thread many would not be happy about it.

Folks don't want to hear that. They want validation, not discussion. But that is not my fault. And it doesn't make me an attacker. It just makes me a guy with a point of view some don't like.

bs

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5921847 09/10/15 03:06 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

One of the major challenges of sport hunting is finding the game.

Here is my issue with that. Hunting is not a sport to me. When you play football, when you win, you don't cape the opposing teams QB and have a shoulder mount done and bbq his tenderloin when you get home.

Hunting is different. There used to be, not sure if it still is or not, a show called the cambel outdoor challenge where they had teams of hunters and camera men who would travel around and hunt in competitions to see who could shoot the biggest buck, with the best film etc. and make a competition out of it. Made my blood boil... still does.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: redchevy] #5921850 09/10/15 03:08 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: redchevy

One of the major challenges of sport hunting is finding the game.

Here is my issue with that. Hunting is not a sport to me. When you play football, when you win, you don't cape the opposing teams QB and have a shoulder mount done and bbq his tenderloin when you get home.

Hunting is different. There used to be, not sure if it still is or not, a show called the cambel outdoor challenge where they had teams of hunters and camera men who would travel around and hunt in competitions to see who could shoot the biggest buck, with the best film etc. and make a competition out of it. Made my blood boil... still does.

I don't like the term either. I agree with what you say 100%. I'll try and use a different term.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5921871 09/10/15 03:28 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Your right, he doesn't want to here that BS and shouldn't have to on a hunting forum. FACT: his hunt was just as challenging as your sheep hunt and had the same advantages and disadvantages. Your sheep was "located" for you as well, but you want us to put your accomplishment on a higher plane than his. bs

And he never asked for your validation or anyone elses and shouldn't have to on a hunting forum.

You constantly reference what other states do. Guess, what? We don't give a $hit what other states do. texas
Maybe this state is no longer a good fit for you?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 09/10/15 03:36 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5921917 09/10/15 03:41 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Your right, he doesn't want to here that BS and shouldn't have to on a hunting forum. FACT: his hunt was just as challenging as your sheep hunt and had the same advantages and disadvantages. Your sheep was "located" for you as well, but you want us to put your accomplishment on a higher plane than his. bs

And he never asked for your validation or anyone elses and shouldn't have to on a hunting forum.

I have not discussed my hunt on a HF thread. Ever. Y'all are the ones who bring it up. I don't need validation for anything I do. From you or anyone else.

I have elk hunted. A lot. Several decisions have to be made on a normal elk hunt:

Pre-hunt: what state? What unit in that state? What areas to hunt within that unit. Lots of reading, Google mapping, studying terrain, etc....

During hunt: Where do I go to look for elk? For elk sign? High? Low?
When I find them, can I get on them? If I don't, will they be there tomorrow? (Usually not.)

Every morning you wake up having to face the challenge of wondering if this canyon, this ridge, this area or that area is where some elk might be that day. Most often you are wrong.

The HF takes care of all that. Period. The elk are in this locale and they will be there tomorrow if you don't get one today. So that's where you go, because all that has been taken care of with the HF. You can say that's as challenging as a non-HF hunt all day. It doesn't make it so. Because it's not so.

The fence is there for a reason. All the rationalizations in the world won't change that.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5922020 09/10/15 04:38 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
NP:

Validation bs Never met a HF hunter looking for validation.....Then again I want hunt with anyone looking for validation. I never saw the elk hunter say "Look at my HF elk and tell me what you think, I need public validation" He just posted a picture of "His" elk. Then comes the ahole attacks... "Did he come to the feed bucket", "sure is fat", "did you whistle him up", "honk the horn". He was not looking for approval... What he got was attacked by fellow hunters who know nothing about this man and were not there. The very same anti-Hf police validators. Just maybe he read one on your threads and thought "I have a brain" maybe I'll give it a try!

When I post a picture on the THF I could give a rats butt about validation. It's always the anti-Hf who tear down by rude comments. To devalue the hunter, the ranch and the animal. I'm just sharing a picture. I thought that's what the THF was about. Not post for judgement.

This crap you are shoveling about can't escape.... While you sit on your throne of judgement when a mountain lion, black bear, whitetail deer, chased by a pack of dogs qualifies for B&C.

A corn feed, crop planted eating, every morning visiting monster buck makes B&C.

A trail cam documented 7:30 am on time arriving barrel feeding bear makes the "Validation Book"

Hiring a guide to pre-scot an elk, sheep, mule deer the evening before opening morning so the hunter can get the drop...the B&C record book is full of them.

The "Governor Tag" great mighty hunter who's shooting a ram which appeared on "The Foundation of North America Wild Sheep" cover get's your validation.

When you step off the plane above the Arctic circle the muskox is dead he just does not know it yet... Once again B&C bound.

Hunting is what you make of it. Period. Success is based only on time and money. You have enough time and enough money you can guarantee success.

You can take your judgement, your moral compass, your must have validation trolling opinions and show some class. I guarantee "No one makes one single post on THF looking for NP approval" . Your opinions would be better served by standing on the street corner with a sign. "I hate HF, But I kill animals" I'm sure you will meet a friend or two. But take an umbrella because some eggs will come your way.

Here's the group that needs your opinions as they are wasted on THF... "Signs carried by Cecil the lion supporters"
Oops... "Stop Trophy Hunting" you need to set them straight. Lord knows you think you are qualified.

Look forward to you're reply... Let it rip... and don't worry I've been insulted by better.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: LuckyHunter] #5922039 09/10/15 04:46 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

That pup is hanging his head in shame frown

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: LuckyHunter] #5922071 09/10/15 05:01 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
NP:

Validation bs Never met a HF hunter looking for validation.....Then again I want hunt with anyone looking for validation. I never saw the elk hunter say "Look at my HF elk and tell me what you think, I need public validation" He just posted a picture of "His" elk. Then comes the ahole attacks... "Did he come to the feed bucket", "sure is fat", "did you whistle him up", "honk the horn". He was not looking for approval... What he got was attacked by fellow hunters who know nothing about this man and were not there. The very same anti-Hf police validators. Just maybe he read one on your threads and thought "I have a brain" maybe I'll give it a try!

When I post a picture on the THF I could give a rats butt about validation. It's always the anti-Hf who tear down by rude comments. To devalue the hunter, the ranch and the animal. I'm just sharing a picture. I thought that's what the THF was about. Not post for judgement.

This crap you are shoveling about can't escape.... While you sit on your throne of judgement when a mountain lion, black bear, whitetail deer, chased by a pack of dogs qualifies for B&C.

A corn feed, crop planted eating, every morning visiting monster buck makes B&C.

A trail cam documented 7:30 am on time arriving barrel feeding bear makes the "Validation Book"

Hiring a guide to pre-scot an elk, sheep, mule deer the evening before opening morning so the hunter can get the drop...the B&C record book is full of them.

The "Governor Tag" great mighty hunter who's shooting a ram which appeared on "The Foundation of North America Wild Sheep" cover get's your validation.

When you step off the plane above the Arctic circle the muskox is dead he just does not know it yet... Once again B&C bound.

Hunting is what you make of it. Period. Success is based only on time and money. You have enough time and enough money you can guarantee success.

You can take your judgement, your moral compass, your must have validation trolling opinions and show some class. I guarantee "No one makes one single post on THF looking for NP approval" . Your opinions would be better served by standing on the street corner with a sign. "I hate HF, But I kill animals" I'm sure you will meet a friend or two. But take an umbrella because some eggs will come your way.

Here's the group that needs your opinions as they are wasted on THF... "Signs carried by Cecil the lion supporters"
Oops... "Stop Trophy Hunting" you need to set them straight. Lord knows you think you are qualified.

Look forward to you're reply... Let it rip... and don't worry I've been insulted by better.

We have a winner! banana2

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5922084 09/10/15 05:15 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
The best description I have heard ...

The "Elitists Chest Thumpers"

I read that text this morning and literally laughed out loud

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5922212 09/10/15 06:26 PM
D
DiverTexas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Is this where I call therancher a doo doo head and win an free hunt?

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5922359 09/10/15 08:17 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
"It's just a difference in perspective. A HF a pen. 100 acres or 1000 acres. I mean, it's there to enclose animals so those that seek them can be assured they won't go anywhere. Right? It's a pen. That's why it's there-to pen animals."

Absolutely not. Mine and most high fences are there to keep animals out as much as to keep them in. And to allow our deer and other animals reach maturity.

In no way are my high fences there to guarantee "those that seek them can know they won't go anywhere". In NO WAY are my high fences guaranteeing any animal is easier to kill.

No wonder you have a warped view of HF's. You don't understand anything about them.

Last edited by therancher; 09/10/15 08:19 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: therancher] #5922512 09/10/15 09:31 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: therancher
"It's just a difference in perspective. A HF a pen. 100 acres or 1000 acres. I mean, it's there to enclose animals so those that seek them can be assured they won't go anywhere. Right? It's a pen. That's why it's there-to pen animals."

Absolutely not. Mine and most high fences are there to keep animals out as much as to keep them in. And to allow our deer and other animals reach maturity.

In no way are my high fences there to guarantee "those that seek them can know they won't go anywhere". In NO WAY are my high fences guaranteeing any animal is easier to kill.

No wonder you have a warped view of HF's. You don't understand anything about them.

I’m really confused and I guess I don’t understand anything about high fences either. I understand the point about having bad genes entering your property when you are farming an strictly managed heard (a farmer needs full control over the population), but from my experience, HF folks in general are a hell of a lot more worried about animals leaving. I used to work on a HF ranch in high school. Part of my job was to check fences twice weekly. Not one time, ever, did the landowner mention that he was worried about something entering the property (other than yotes), however, he was intensely worried about animals getting out. IF you have exotics, axis for instance, are you really more worried about axis leaving or axis coming in? I just looked through a thread that had a picture of an axis that had jumped into his pen; he shot it with a camera, not a gun. He didn’t seem to worried about it jumping in…..

Another thing I don’t understand is that quote about the animals not “going anywhere.” They may be hard to hunt, however, they aren’t going anywhere as in “outside the fence.” I mean, you don’t go hunting an animal in captivity and have to wonder whether or not he might be on the neighbors place; thus the guarantee of that animal being on the property and thus the high fence that keeps him on the property.

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5922566 09/10/15 09:58 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
You worked at a high fence ranch? Sinner! Hope you took a shower afterwards!

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: MarkE] #5922570 09/10/15 09:59 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: MarkE
Originally Posted By: therancher

I’m really confused and I guess I don’t understand anything about high fences either. I understand the point about having bad genes entering your property when you are farming an strictly managed heard (a farmer needs full control over the population), but from my experience, HF folks in general are a hell of a lot more worried about animals leaving. I used to work on a HF ranch in high school. Part of my job was to check fences twice weekly. Not one time, ever, did the landowner mention that he was worried about something entering the property (other than yotes), however, he was intensely worried about animals getting out. IF you have exotics, axis for instance, are you really more worried about axis leaving or axis coming in? I just looked through a thread that had a picture of an axis that had jumped into his pen; he shot it with a camera, not a gun. He didn’t seem to worried about it jumping in…..

Another thing I don’t understand is that quote about the animals not “going anywhere.” They may be hard to hunt, however, they aren’t going anywhere as in “outside the fence.” I mean, you don’t go hunting an animal in captivity and have to wonder whether or not he might be on the neighbors place; thus the guarantee of that animal being on the property and thus the high fence that keeps him on the property.

Host of reason for keeping animals out. In High density areas fenced area will/ could be lower density(hill country is perfect example) Also to keep unwanted genetics out. Fence is never a Cingular role. Dual purpose deter dispersal in AND out.

Hard to argue a sporting factor if the ranch exceeds an animals home range. Lots of LF guys here that show you 4 plus years of history on a deer. That's not a coincidence. I fact I have a deer in Mason I've been watching since he was 2.5. See him ever set at that location, he gets even more predictable with age as his home ranges shrinks. He will be 6.5 this year. Will likely get one more pass this year. 2400 LF ranch

As with any hunt sporting factor relies heavily on the terrain and the hunters ability to see.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5922604 09/10/15 10:08 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
I hunted 10 years on a 2000 acre deer lease in Mason,Tx. 4 hunters. We went from 90 B&C to 140 B&C. We saw the same deer year after year. We had no feeders and no fixed stands. The property was not over grazed, predator's we're kept under control. We used mother nature to restrict game movement.

Then for 5 years we leased 3,000 acres HF 8 hunters. I could not tell any difference, except for the size of the front gate and the deer got larger but harder to hunt, but once again deer numbers were in check, predator's kept under control, never over grazed.

Hunting is what you make or want it to be. You are the judge. Just keep it legal.

Last edited by SheepHunter; 09/10/15 10:09 PM.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5922655 09/10/15 10:46 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I'm glad for kusai (remember? The OP). A relatively new member creates a thread going 7 pages and counting. Well done!

We're leasing 10K high-fence for the first time this year. Protein feed for the exotics/package hunts was abandoned years ago, along with the package hunts. The hand may put out a little salt for the exotics. We have seen very good deer while we were feeding last month.

'Hunted low fence all my life. 'Hunted no fence more than once in this country and abroad. I own a small place that's low fence - now hold on - the neighbor put up a high fence down one side. Wait, not that whole side, just about 3/4 of it. 'Don't know how that rates on the ol' ethi-co-meter. At any rate, it's a typical hill country small place; if you see a decent buck on opening weekend, you better shoot it 'cause the neighbor will. I love my place and it's fantastic for family. Me? I want to kill something decent, have a good time with friends, and look at some different terrain (that I don't have to pay taxes on or keep fences fixed). I am pumped. And I don't need no stinkin' validation.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: kusai] #5922679 09/10/15 10:57 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
CR, are you "bonafide" LOL boy, that is an old term with a different meaning.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Trophy Hunts Here vs there [Re: SniperRAB] #5923276 09/11/15 04:18 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
The best description I have heard ...

The "Elitists Chest Thumpers"

I read that text this morning and literally laughed out loud