6246112 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#5914793 - 09/05/15 09:32 PM Game Wardens
silentex Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Jefferson County
Does anyone know if TPWD was lucky enough to get the same new pay schedule that TxDPS got? The Trooper's new pay scale is pretty dang nice!

NSC: Firearms & Hunting Supplies
Dradis: IT Consulting & Solutions

#5914811 - 09/05/15 09:48 PM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
Halfadozen Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Parker County
Not sure, they deserve it though IMO. My BIL is a trooper and he is very happy with his new pay, especially since he is on rotation to the the border.

#5914814 - 09/05/15 09:50 PM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
Brother in-law Online   content
THF Celebrity

How big o raise did they get?

#5914819 - 09/05/15 09:52 PM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
silentex Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Jefferson County
Went from somewhere in the neighborhood of $54k/year as a Trooper I to nearly $74k.

NSC: Firearms & Hunting Supplies
Dradis: IT Consulting & Solutions

#5914835 - 09/05/15 10:10 PM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
DannyB Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: N.E. TX
I'm as pro-LEO as anyone, and believe they should get paid well. However, our educators are about I think, at the last ranking I saw, second from the bottom in the country on the pay scale. That is just wrong!

#5914978 - 09/06/15 05:52 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: DannyB]
RedRanger Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Frisco, TX / Davao Philippines
Originally Posted By: DannyB
I'm as pro-LEO as anyone, and believe they should get paid well. However, our educators are about I think, at the last ranking I saw, second from the bottom in the country on the pay scale. That is just wrong!

Still overpaid, They get 3 months off for summer and every holiday known to man off also.

If you can't work, then teach........

#5914982 - 09/06/15 06:02 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: RedRanger]
bigbob_ftw Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: White Settlement, TX.
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Still overpaid, They get 3 months off for summer and every holiday known to man off also.

Yup. They get paid well for time worked.

#5915019 - 09/06/15 07:16 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: RedRanger]
booger Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: central Texas

I've read some different ideas here but this is just crazy!!! 3 months off??? I've been in education for 22 years and have never seen a 3 month summer! Paid for when they work??? Really?????!!!!

All of you anti school folks need to come see what educators do... It ain't an 8-4 job factory job!!!

#5915032 - 09/06/15 07:33 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: booger]
bigbob_ftw Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: White Settlement, TX.
Originally Posted By: booger

I've read some different ideas here but this is just crazy!!! 3 months off??? I've been in education for 22 years and have never seen a 3 month summer! Paid for when they work??? Really?????!!!!

All of you anti school folks need to come see what educators do... It ain't an 8-4 job factory job!!!

8-4? Apparently you've never worked in a factory. rofl

#5915042 - 09/06/15 08:00 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
Old Rabbit Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: North East Texas
bigbob, you do work overtime for free don't you. My wife leaves for school at 6:30 AM and get home after 5:30 PM week days and we only live 5 minutes from the school. She spends almost every Saturday and Sunday at the school and brings work home and does it till bed time every day. She buys school supplies and snacks for the kids that parents are too sorry or poor just to give the kids a chance. That does not even count the paper and ink for the home printer for the work sheets that the school wont provide for. Summers are spent getting next years stuff ready and cleaning up the electronic gadgets and other stuff.

But on the bright side the school is rated exemplary due to the teachers work.

Just to clarify, I am really glad the Troopers got their raise. They have a very hard and dangerous job and don't get the thanks they deserve. Long hours in all types of weather, day or night, on call and have to see lots of things that us everyday folks probably could not handle.

Edited by Old Rabbit (09/06/15 09:48 AM)

#5915047 - 09/06/15 08:09 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: RedRanger]
GUTIT Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Caddo Mills, Texas

I am married to a wonderful teacher with a degree. One of the smartest , hardest working persons I know.

It would be in your best interest to not insult her.

To the OP, my son is in LE and I hope the raises spread around. That is a hell of a raise though.
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

#5915049 - 09/06/15 08:09 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
Barny Topwater Online   content
red bone Bob

Loc: New Braunfels TX USA
My wife was a math teacher for 31 years, she had to teach summer school when I was learning my trade and then grade papers on Saturday and Sunday during the school year. If it's such an easy life with high pay why don't you guys go apply. There's always a shortage of teachers.

#5915071 - 09/06/15 08:37 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: RedRanger]
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: TX

Mouth, meet foot. With punctuation and research skills like that, I can see why you're bitter.

#5915072 - 09/06/15 08:37 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex]
BigPig Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Forney, Tx
Originally Posted By: silentex
Does anyone know if TPWD was lucky enough to get the same new pay schedule that TxDPS got? The Trooper's new pay scale is pretty dang nice!

I believe it was 25% across the board

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning. grin

#5915109 - 09/06/15 09:09 AM Re: Game Wardens [Re: Old Rabbit]
HWY_MAN Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Howard County
Originally Posted By: Old Rabbit
bigbob, you do work overtime for free don't you. My wife leaves for school at 6:30 AM and get home after 5:30 PM week days and we only live 5 minutes from the school. She spends almost every Saturday and Sunday at the school and brings work home and does it till bed time every day. She buys school supplies and snacks for the kids that parents are too sorry or poor just to give the kids a chance. That does not even count the paper and ink for the home printer for the work sheets that the school wont provide for. Summers are spent getting next years stuff ready and cleaning up the electronic gadgets and other stuff.

But on the bright side the school is rated exemplary due to the teachers work.

Many jobs are hard, and many jobs require sacrifices. Teaching is certainly challenging, but it is not uniquely so. I believe we have to add total compensation into the equation, Retirement benefits and job security has monetary value.

Quote:
According to data derived from the Bureau of Labor Statistics American Time Use Survey, large percentages of teachers self-report that they do no work during the summer months. Now the argument has been made that since teachers spend time grading, developing lesson plans and so on after hours, this extra time more than compensates for the extended breaks during the summer months. But as the data shows, teachers themselves report that they typically spend 40 hours or less working during the average week – hardly the grueling schedule that they claim to have. While exceptions certainly exist, on average, a teacher’s work schedule is no more demanding in terms of hours than those of many other professionals.

http://buckeyeinstitute.org/the-liberty-...mpensated-time/

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide