Forums46
Topics537,993
Posts9,731,514
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 476" Massive elk this weekend [Re: Safari Stalker] #5921245 09/10/15 02:58 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Safari Stalker
Regardless of what your opinion is on HF or LF, this hunter had a great 3 day hunt and left with a smile on his face as you can see from the picture. Thank you gents for all the compliments.

Sparrish8, this bull probably weighed over 1000lbs, very healthy animal.

Stud bull no doubt had some mass

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: 476" Massive elk this weekend [Re: Mike Honcho] #5930661 09/16/15 02:27 AM
O
oldstyle244 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted By: jorge
Why guys feel the need to bring up whether it was a hf or free range elk is a lil petty. The ranch is located in the hill country its blatantly obivous its HF. not all HF animals are stupid and easy hunts. What dictates "wildness" is more so its environment and hunting pressure, ask any HF land owner. Your buddies opinion or limited time on a HF doesnt qualify as experince to refute that. The op didnt post this to get opinions wether its a canned hunt or how wild it is. He posted to show quality of the ranch. HF or LF that is certainly a great bull. Yes would a free range NM or UT bull of that size carry a bigger wow factor to most sure, but give credit where credit is due. Some gents and gals WANT a canned hunt, hunting for some is about the prize and the bragging rights, not necessarily the experince or chase. let those have their way. Imagine if all the people who can afford these hunts, that was a pretty penny, wanted what some would call a "hard hunt". everyday joes like myself would be hard pressed as prices would rise. Let the niche, if that is indeed what is, have there niche and give credit where credit is due. OP, HECK OF A BULL. Rant over!

I hunt a low fence ranch in west Texas, if you hunt it than you can expect to get a doe for sure and a couple people each year get a nice buck, it is a lot of fun; but never any monsters and again you have to hunt it. All that being said, I don't have a problem with HF hunting as long as it is ethical and somewhat sporting. I have been on places where you feed/plot/protein and the neighbor shoots the biggest buck and he didn't do anything, so I can understand why some people want to go HF. And I notice a lot of HF haters also hunt feeders as if watching a feeder from a blind is any challenge, heck the hardest part is staying awake, but they love to bash HF hunter, hypocrites..............

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, that is an AMAZING Elk, just crazy big

Re: 476" Massive elk this weekend [Re: oldstyle244] #5930973 09/16/15 12:19 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: oldstyle244
Originally Posted By: jorge
Why guys feel the need to bring up whether it was a hf or free range elk is a lil petty. The ranch is located in the hill country its blatantly obivous its HF. not all HF animals are stupid and easy hunts. What dictates "wildness" is more so its environment and hunting pressure, ask any HF land owner. Your buddies opinion or limited time on a HF doesnt qualify as experince to refute that. The op didnt post this to get opinions wether its a canned hunt or how wild it is. He posted to show quality of the ranch. HF or LF that is certainly a great bull. Yes would a free range NM or UT bull of that size carry a bigger wow factor to most sure, but give credit where credit is due. Some gents and gals WANT a canned hunt, hunting for some is about the prize and the bragging rights, not necessarily the experince or chase. let those have their way. Imagine if all the people who can afford these hunts, that was a pretty penny, wanted what some would call a "hard hunt". everyday joes like myself would be hard pressed as prices would rise. Let the niche, if that is indeed what is, have there niche and give credit where credit is due. OP, HECK OF A BULL. Rant over!

I hunt a low fence ranch in west Texas, if you hunt it than you can expect to get a doe for sure and a couple people each year get a nice buck, it is a lot of fun; but never any monsters and again you have to hunt it. All that being said, I don't have a problem with HF hunting as long as it is ethical and somewhat sporting. I have been on places where you feed/plot/protein and the neighbor shoots the biggest buck and he didn't do anything, so I can understand why some people want to go HF. And I notice a lot of HF haters also hunt feeders as if watching a feeder from a blind is any challenge, heck the hardest part is staying awake, but they love to bash HF hunter, hypocrites..............

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, that is an AMAZING Elk, just crazy big

You certainly summed it up nicely, sir. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide