Forums46
Topics537,004
Posts9,719,345
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5913885 09/05/15 02:06 AM
T
TOMCAT21 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
The SPs have no jurisdiction over civilians off of government property. They are not FLEOs. In fact Posse Comitatus specfically forbids the military from enforcing civilian laws except in very specific circumstances:

The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the use of federal military personnel to "execute the laws"; however, there is disagreement over whether this language may apply to troops used in an advisory, support, disaster response, or other homeland defense role, as opposed to domestic law enforcement.

On March 10, 2009, active duty U.S. Army Military Police troops from Fort Rucker were deployed to Samson, Alabama, in response to a murder spree. Samson officials confirmed that the soldiers assisted in traffic control and securing the crime scene. The governor of Alabama did not request military assistance nor did President Obama authorize their deployment. Subsequent investigation found that the Posse Comitatus Act was violated and several military members received "administrative actions".

The SPs involved, their supervisor and the base commander should be investigated and held responsible for their actions if they are found to be improper.

Last edited by TOMCAT21; 09/05/15 03:00 AM.
Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5913943 09/05/15 02:52 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
The terrorists are winning. Paranoia thrives.

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5914022 09/05/15 04:09 AM
N
nsmike Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N
The long holiday weekend will allow time for this to fester the SHTF on Tuesday. The armed Security Forces have no business outside the security perimeter on private land.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: aeb] #5914034 09/05/15 04:22 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: aeb
The terrorists are winning. Paranoia thrives.

Best post on this thread and probably the whole forum for the week.

To be determined
Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5914264 09/05/15 03:04 PM
J
J Loves Huntin Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
outside their area so it is very grey area at best and illegal at worst. From 4 generations of Navy. That being said if they are trespassing on your property and yet they are the ones holding guns on you..... kinda odd and also the tables could be turned in favor of the land owner holding a gun on the military for being on his land uninvited. Just my thoughts. I know a lot of great MP and a few very irrational MP.

If you look back over your life are you fully satisfied you pleased the Maker of Creation. Are you fully assured that you have trusted in His Son, Jesus Christ, for your salvation. Are you confident that you have a definite hope of going to Heaven?

EMT-B
Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5914983 09/06/15 11:08 AM
J
JakeJJ Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I do know that where the fence is on most installations is not the property line. They put the fence back so that if someone was acting a fool or trying to breach the fence, the MP/SP are still on federal property when they go out to do whatever needs to be done. Now this isn't necessarily the case on every inch of the fence but for the most part its accurate.

I do know what happened though.
Airmen: hey sergeant, I see some guys over there with guns.
Duty NCO: falls backwards out of his chair because he was dead asleep. "Holy crap! I'm one bullet short on my EPR, Call backup, lets go get me that firewall 5"

I know bad Air Force joke. A few of y'all will get it

We interrupt this marriage for hunting season.

USAF 07-Present
OIF 09-10
OSS 14
Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5917665 09/08/15 03:15 AM
S
SaintsReturn Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
When I was in charleston, the base had an agreement with the local LE and would often patrol outside the base by the perimeter. And as previously mentioned, the fence is not the line for the base. In Eglin Florida, the base property is all over and people don't even know it. They even own a huge section of beach. Not thrilled about what happened, but don't assume we know all the facts or where the property line actually was. It would be a safe bet that the property was indeed federal and the fence line was not the physical marker.

Regardless, this situation sucks for all parties involved.

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: SaintsReturn] #5917683 09/08/15 03:36 AM
C
cyphertext Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: SaintsReturn
When I was in charleston, the base had an agreement with the local LE and would often patrol outside the base by the perimeter. And as previously mentioned, the fence is not the line for the base. In Eglin Florida, the base property is all over and people don't even know it. They even own a huge section of beach. Not thrilled about what happened, but don't assume we know all the facts or where the property line actually was. It would be a safe bet that the property was indeed federal and the fence line was not the physical marker.

Regardless, this situation sucks for all parties involved.

Considering the property owner was one of the ones that they put face down... I'm pretty sure he knew where his property line is.

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: Slimpickin] #5918296 09/08/15 04:58 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Slimpickin
These are not peaceful times and the Military does not take anything for granted. I wonder how close they were to the fence and if anyone shot across the fence?

Pretty sure this wasn't the first time that property has been hunted.

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: Slimpickin] #5918321 09/08/15 05:16 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Those fields are hunted on a yearly basis like clockwork, unless somebody shot OVER the fence this is a bunch of bs

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: cyphertext] #5918326 09/08/15 05:19 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I know I have an unpopular opinion around here on these topics. I fully support all current troops and veterans. They deserve all benefits they were promised. Here's my solution. Make the military application process extremely selective to get the best and brightest. Cut the military by 80% or even more.

Still have the most powerful military in the world. Don't screw up other people's countries and make enemies. Don't subsidize a military-industrial complex. Spend the money on education and infrastructure on US soil.

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: Duckhawker] #5919403 09/09/15 03:42 AM
T
TOMCAT21 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: UTAhunter
I know I have an unpopular opinion around here on these topics. I fully support all current troops and veterans. They deserve all benefits they were promised. Here's my solution. Make the military application process extremely selective to get the best and brightest. Cut the military by 80% or even more.

Still have the most powerful military in the world. Don't screw up other people's countries and make enemies. Don't subsidize a military-industrial complex. Spend the money on education and infrastructure on US soil.

Wow! Glad my son didn't choose to be "educated" at UTA.

Re: USAF Security Forces take down dove hunters [Re: Duckhawker] #5919422 09/09/15 03:57 AM
B
bull279 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: UTAhunter

If you check your history, you will find that the US policy of isolationism did not work and we still ended up in World War I and World War II. Reducing the US military's strength by 80% would be suicide on a national level.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

U.S. Army Military Police (ABN) 1998-2003
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide