Forum Stats
60403 Members
45 Forums
475478 Topics
6237586 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5903440 - 08/30/15 12:03 AM New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm.
jtprocaddie Offline
Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
Am I late to the part or is this a new rule this year that you can now carry without a CC permit during archery only season. I saw it on the Texas dept of wildlife app under new this year.

I don't have my CC yet so this is good news! Never know when you may spook a bedding hog or need it.

#5904445 - 08/30/15 06:42 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
Pitman Offline
Light Foot

Is this for public land? I would think on private land you could carry anything you wan't. (with land owners permission)

#5904586 - 08/30/15 07:58 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
texashelms Offline
Tracker

Loc: Texas
Public land would still be CCL only. Hell if they allow guns....;(

#5904872 - 08/30/15 09:44 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
I don't understand people's concern about hogs.
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#5904885 - 08/30/15 09:50 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
jtprocaddie Offline
Tracker

A screen shot from the Texas parks and wildlife outdoor annual fishing and hunting regulations app.

It does not specify public land or non public. Because on privet land you can pretty much carry what you want, and this is in the "New this year" section, one would assume it is public land as well.

Edited by jtprocaddie (08/30/15 09:51 PM)

#5904895 - 08/30/15 09:54 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: passthru]
jtprocaddie Offline
Tracker

A friend of mine In Florida was hunting during archery only and did not have a firearm. He spooked a big boat and it charged he was not quick enough and the boar sliced his leg pretty good. He is lucky he did not hit an artery and survived. Has some nasty scars to prove it. It's a slim chance I know, but I would rather be prepared.

Personally every hog I have spooked has run the opposite way.

#5906369 - 08/31/15 07:05 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: passthru]
texashelms Offline
Tracker

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: passthru
I don't understand people's concern about hogs.

From what I hear is that they are out to kill every human alive.

#5912521 - 09/03/15 09:59 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

I've killed hundreds of them. I've walked into groups and shot several in a sounder as close as 10 feet as they ran around confused. Haven't been attacked yet.

#5915842 - 09/06/15 08:09 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
breadman Offline
Tracker

Loc: huntsville texas
there unpredictable ! I've had them run , and I've had them run AT ME !!

#5925212 - 09/12/15 10:20 AM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: passthru]
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: College Station/Bryan
I've killed hundreds of them. I've walked into groups and shot several in a sounder as close as 10 feet as they ran around confused. Haven't been attacked yet.

Well arent you a bad a**

It's for the ease of mind, it's not hard to comprehend. maybe they carry a bond arms loaded with .410 to shoot a snake.

It's like wearing snake boots at the ranch, sure you've seen snakes and it slithered away and you don't need snake boots because youre awesome. But some of us others like to have insurance.

Lochow Ranch Pond and Lake Management

Bison Coolers Field Staff-Ask me how to get a discount

#5925261 - 09/12/15 11:02 AM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
Navasot Offline
Natty Love

Loc: Normangee/Navasota TX
Iv always had two guns with me either way...

http://www.j5tractors.com/

#5925369 - 09/12/15 12:34 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: KWood_TSU]
DFWPI Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Arlington
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

Well arent you a bad a**

It's for the ease of mind, it's not hard to comprehend. maybe they carry a bond arms loaded with .410 to shoot a snake.

It's like wearing snake boots at the ranch, sure you've seen snakes and it slithered away and you don't need snake boots because youre awesome. But some of us others like to have insurance.

Hmm...

www.mydfwpi.com
https://www.facebook.com/revelationinvestigationservice

#5925775 - 09/12/15 08:17 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: KWood_TSU]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

Well arent you a bad a**

I'm too old and broken to be a bad azz any more but I'm not scared of a pig. Snake protection I can understand and some rat shot in a 38 or 410 or whatever makes better sense than worrying about the man eating pigs.

#5925824 - 09/12/15 08:48 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
Simple Searcher Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Helotes, Hext
The rule was new last year. I took a rifle with me to the bow stand every time. Popped a few far off pigs and was ready for coyotes, exotics or whatever. It was a stupid rule. It needed to change.

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark

#5925843 - 09/12/15 09:00 PM Re: New change in regulations allow archery only to carry firearm. [Re: jtprocaddie]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

It's not a "stupid rule". I've known folks who got busted for rifle shooting a deer and sticking and arrow in the bullet hole during archery season. It's "archery" season. This goes down the same road as all the other concessions we are being forced to accept in this country. Like forcing the BSA to accept homosexuals, forcing states to remove certain flags only a few find offensive and not allowing constitutional carry because of the unreasonable cries of a few loud objectors. Soon there won't be a separate archery season because we keep conceding to the vocal minority.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide