Print Thread
Coywolfe in Ohio #5901419 08/28/15 10:24 PM
C
Chief Joe Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
C
A friend in my central Ohio recently witnessed a extra large coyote in his area. A call to Ohio State DNR confirmed the existence of a coyote/timber wolf cross but were surprised to hear about them that far north. That ought to mix things up around here! confused2

"It is the same boiling water that softens the rice, which hardens the egg." It's not always about the circumstances, but what you are made of....
Re: Coywolfe in Ohio [Re: Chief Joe] #5901921 08/29/15 03:51 AM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
cheers Ever get ta Bamigi Minn.. Tis were the mouth of the Mississipi starts... They have the Legand of Lobo stuffed mounted & on display with a plack... Tis a big timber wolf that roamed up their in NF, & spread terror near & far killing livestock.. Said to have drug a 90# fawn off... They had a bounty out on it... Professonal hunters & trappers tried for him with no previal... Finaly a farmer shot it.. Few days latter twas up thar a hunten with me Kentucky .45 twas 3teen after me first bar... Some doggone bloomen idgit moved de clearing spent most of the night wonderen about the woods, whin kept hearn them thar howles, & tree knockens...Eased on twards it, & ta me suprise ran a cross a lonly sasquash, looken for his pet wolf... We chatted a spell, me thinkens the way he swong that thar log at tree trunks, that if he'd just clean up a bit, chit, chave, & chower.. He'd make on heck of a lumberjac...Gave hi the nick name Paul & it stuck like a booger on me figger... On the way ta the Searra Forest we found a cute little blue ox, twas a cold winter that year... Little green lepricons had landed from mars, gave it some trogolean confused2 milk from one of thar criiters & nursed sky, thats the name of de ox, nicknamed blue back ta health... By time we cleared out the seara forest we twas tired & ready ta go home... Took short cut, Paul dragged his ax all ways back up ta Bamiji, whin we's hit Minnesota babe twas so happy he jumpe around fur days... Tis why de searra tis a dessert, the Mississippi gots started & so many lakes up dar.... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Coywolfe in Ohio [Re: Chief Joe] #5901958 08/29/15 04:30 AM
T
turkeykillet Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
We have them in northern Wisconsin. They are a completely different k9. More aggressive, longer teeth, much bigger body's. They are deer killing machines. You don't want them around! It makes my day every time I catch one.

Re: Coywolfe in Ohio [Re: Chief Joe] #5902554 08/29/15 05:59 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Colt .45 somebody got your name wrong if you were chasing around the woods when Lobo was trapped. Your name should be Lazarus if you were a teen in 1937 and chasing around in the Bemidji area.

Last edited by nsmike; 08/29/15 06:09 PM. Reason: date corrected

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Coywolfe in Ohio [Re: nsmike] #5902855 08/29/15 09:26 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
next you'll be tellen every one that thars no sasquatch rofl Bamidji is some Beautiful country... cheers Great fishing & hunting, Northern lights.. flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Coywolfe in Ohio [Re: 1860.colt] #5903625 08/30/15 02:13 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: colt.45
next you'll be tellen every one that thars no sasquatch rofl Bamidji is some Beautiful country... cheers Great fishing & hunting, Northern lights.. flag

My wife's cousin recently retired after many years of running a machine shop servicing the forestry industry in the Bemidji area.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Coywolfe in Ohio [Re: nsmike] #5903745 08/30/15 03:39 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: nsmike
Originally Posted By: colt.45

My wife's cousin recently retired after many years of running a machine shop servicing the forestry industry in the Bemidji area.

Built & repaired, Harvesters out of Holley Mn... We traveled all way up ta Canadian Border.. Doing that job was when meet Chief Dan George... Very humble person... Totaled out a pick up, with my motercycle.. We had race ta see who could get threw unmarked 4way.. rofl We called it a draw... Pick-up & bike toed away... i took trip in ambulance ta hospital... Knees caved in gas tank, broke or cracked rib, it still pretrudes a bit.. They tried ta keep me, but limped out... Was off work bout week... Went back, knee slowed me down at work, one of jobs was climbing 90ft & pudding catwalk & blower tagether... They let me go after couple-weeks-month or two because lost bout 40-60% mussle loss in leg... Told go get fixed, you will have a job... Pay was under $3.00 an hour... Great crew ta work with, & company ta work for... rofl Nowadays get hurt on job, ya better have a good lawyer.... Times have changed.. High-tech replacing workers... Busnesses complaining bout how bad times are... The good ol days... rofl Up around Bamidji they have bear & moose, hunts... And timber wolves like LOBO... Have seen on T.V. the reports of coydogs, coywolves, here its chubracabra, & enjoy hunting the zombe hogs... Think last deer took was in 90's Archery hunt on last lease had... Got on WMA when it opened... Seen lots of hogs, privet land was 24-7-365 hunting & WMA no night hunts, months could hunt, unlimited hog... $48.00 can beat that on income of less than $10.00 an hour... For over 30 years 1buck county, couldnt even get 1 doe tag.. Not enough deer was told... Now 4deer county... Seeing very few hogs... Then dont get ta hunt WMA like usdta... Times is tough... Cant complain... flag

i'm postaddic
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide