Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5902746 08/29/15 08:17 PM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I'm to the northwest of Victoria in DeWitt County and the Eagle/Ford Shale has sealed the deal on ever being able to buy reasonably price recreation land. The habitat has suffered because of activity making less land available for this purpose or for hunting leases.

The places listed with the various realtors have been listed for a long time for a lot of different reasons. I do know of properties that have been sold near my ranch by private treaty and these places are selling being $4500 ~ $5500/acre depending on size and the quality of the habitat and improvements. They are sold without minerals.

A 530 acre property just down the road from me sold for $4900/acre without minerals. The fence was in very bad shape but it does have a both sides of a fairly constant creek. It is typical mix of mesquite and live oaks and should be excellent hunting.

[Linked Image]
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5902763 08/29/15 08:24 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Not sure where the market is going in the short term as the oil slump will reduce available buyers However it will go up again. There are few properties in my land county Dickens and all are over 1000.00 acre. I bought in 2011 during slump and drought. Had looked for 12 months for a deal and finally found 160 acres in a trust which was on the market over 2 years. They were asking 850.00 and acre, Being a tight [censored] I offered 450.00 an acre with minerals. Didn't get back for 2 weeks thought they were insulted. Came back at 700.00 per acre with minerals. finally agreed at 580.00 an acre or 93,000.00. Not over populated with deer but enough to keep us interested and we see an occasional whooper!!!! I am now retired and am so blessed to have this wonderful place. It's most of my focus now with food plots for my deer and quail and dove. Tons of hog and the unbelievable wild beauty and solitude that this area provides.

Last edited by Flashprism; 08/29/15 08:26 PM.
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5902787 08/29/15 08:36 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
That is a unbelievable deal! flehan

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Land Prices [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5902880 08/29/15 09:53 PM
E
erok11 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
That is a unbelievable deal! flehan

No kidding !! up

Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5902930 08/29/15 10:48 PM
S
sillyhorses Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
For those of you who are looking. I do know the adjacent 80 acres next to my land is for sale. It is a family estate selling and they want $3K /acre, no minerals, no livestock on it. It is some WILD, nasty looking property for hunting. Abuts up to the Welder Ranch, 6000 acres of nature conservatory land a wildlife sanctuary. 3 miles off the Gulf, San Antonio Bay, 5 miles east of Seadrift.

I would buy it myself only I am already cashed out on my 60 acres I just bought. Bad thing is, you will have ME as a neighbor !!! Send me a pm if you are SERIOUS, & I'll try and hook you up. And you are going to owe me !! lol.

Dryberry was the last lake God created and it took the entire seventh day.
Dryberry Lake Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada (a.k.a. Heaven)
Re: Land Prices [Re: Erathkid] #5903207 08/30/15 01:43 AM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I love this thread. Mucho great info. Keep it coming.

x2!

Re: Land Prices [Re: John Humbert] #5903248 08/30/15 02:03 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: John Humbert
Well ... let me tell you my recent experiences on land purchase, prices, and general dealings. I have been looking for a ranch for about 5 years. Lots and lots of land for sale, not a lot of good properties for sale under $1M, and fewer yet in what I am looking for - as I am trying to stay away from "hot rocks and cedar".

About 5 months ago, I got a lead on a property from someone right here on THF. I really didn't think too much, as for five years I've heard a lot of great talk from agents and when I go to look at the property, it is substantially "less than advertised". Well, kinda dragged my feet going to look, but when I did - WOW! It was a great property. Made an official appt for a viewing and brought along a buddy who has ranches and is a bit of an expert. We walked on foot the entire property and the agent was really good about leaving us alone when we wanted, and being there when we wanted. Fell in love with the place, and got a big thumbs-up from my friend - basically told me "buy it!". Well, since I hadn't gotten my loan yet from CFC, I immediately went to work on that. I knew I wouldn't have any problems, just hadn't gotten around to filling out all the paperwork. Well, I SHOULD have put a contract on it right away, subject to financing - because in about 10 days I got a call from CFC with "good news and bad news". The good news is that everything went smoothly on the paperwork in record time, but they said they checked on the property the day before and there was already a contract on it!! My bad!! Really hated losing that property.

OK, have "cash in hand" now and resume searching, this time with a bit more urgency. As luck would have it, I found another property just a couple of weeks later. The agent said the current owner might add an additional adjoining 50 acres - I told him, check on it - I want it, and I was prepared to pay list. Had my agent write up a contract, waited on the selling agent to call me back. Didn't hear from him for 5 days, called the next week and I said I had a contract to give him. He told me the price went up 30%!!! Without the additional parcel. I said WTH? Now it was way over-priced (before it was a little under priced). I said "let me give you the contract anyway, maybe the seller would reconsider". Nope, he informed me the owner already had a "contract pending" for more than my offer. Again, WTH?

Oh well, back to looking - still have cash in hand. Another gentlemen from this board contacted me about a property. Not really interested that one, but was very interested in a cheaper property (didn't need a $200,000 house). Well, things got messed up from the start - miscommunication, different expectations, etc. But the one property I was ready to buy, but concerned about asking/appraisal - but sent a contract anyway at nearly the asking price. No word for a week, then told the seller decided to pull the property from the market. Again, WTH?

Three deals go south in 2 months left me with a pretty sour taste, I'm telling you. But still looking while my option period is still good.

Now here's what I found currently - and remember, I am neither an agent nor a seller, so I have no skin in these comments. I have reviewed over a 1000 listings all across Texas - and have put eyes on at least 100.

There a very few quality hunting properties out there in the 100-300 acre range. Lots of listings, but most of them have some "defect" in them that could be problematic, depending on what/how you want to hunt. The few quality properties are VERY expensive, and IMHO, generally overpriced - but they are selling so I guess if they sell at that price, they ain't overpriced. smile In that acreage range, a quality hunting property is going to cost you nearly $1M dollars. There are a few that are in the $800K range, if you aren't too fussy. Quality properties in the $500K range and at least 80-100 acres are virtually nonexistent - but they are a few that crop up. They go FAST! Sometimes only on the market a couple of weeks, and many times have buyers snapping them up before they come on the open market.

If you are anywhere close to a major urban area (within 30-40 miles), expect the price per acre to be $3000-$3500 and go upwards from there very fast. I saw MANY places that were $8000-$15000/acre. You can still find good dirt for $2000-$2500/acre, but you will tend to have small neighbors. Hot Rocks and Cedar is still $1000-$1800/acre, but there is an alarming trend for the larger ranches to be broken up and sold in 50-75 acre parcels at twice that.

There seems to be two types of agents. Ones that are selling small parcels and will sell you crap, shot-out, places at way over value. The other group won't have much interest in talking to you unless you want to spend $750K to $1.5M. And if you say your budget is $500K-$750K, they will start showing properties in the $800-$1M range as a start, and will whisk you off any property less than $750K. If your say your budget is $1-1.2M, they will show you $2M places. If your budget is $500-$750K, best tell them you are looking for a place in the $300K range. smile

There are some areas where the land price is rising, and some places it is falling (few). With oil prices in dumper, you can be sure there is going to be a LOT of new properties hit the market after the first of the year. In the areas where land VALUE is still reasonable, you are fighting large corporations like Ranch Enterprises, that are buying it up fast, subdividing it into smaller section, and bumping the price-per-acre up making it SEEM that prices are rising (and I guess they are, if you look at it that way), but after running purchase-to-listing price analysis for dozens of counties, you'll see that larger parcels are going generally for less than asking, and are more in line with value/appraisals.

The best VALUE for purchasing hunting tracks are around the lower panhandle down to north of San Angelo, slightly west of Menard, and if you are interested in Hot Rocks and Cedar, the Rocksprings area (oh - forgot to mention another deal I was interested in, west/north of Rocksprings - but before I could see the property the agent called and told me it got burned to a crisp - arrghh!). But be VERY careful in the Rocksprings area. The area is fast getting chopped up and shot out. Even if you find a nice parcel, be very careful about neighboring areas - you could find yourself surrounded by 20-acre plots in a few years.

If you just want a small place to hunt, with limited infrastructure and not much to look at, you might be able to find a small tract in the $200K-$300K range. But if you want a place with good dirt, and a place to enjoy outside hunting (maybe build a place), and has decent hunting with decent neighbors - you best plan on spending $1M on up, which is what I've resigned to pay. frown Anything less and you are most likely going to have neighbor issues or some other defect that could impact hunting.

I've actually found an 80ac place for about $400K that is loaded with animals, including axis, and right in Boerne. Neighbors are not an issue, and the hunting is great. But..... it is virtually useless to build (hardly any flat area), has no good roads, and has a cell tower easement on one side, and a huge power line running through the other side. But it would great for hunting, but I would never be able to sell it.

So when you start talking about outrageous lease prices - remember that 500 acres you are leasing is probably worth $2-$5M !!! Paying $10/$15 acre to lease is CHEAP by comparison - which is why the leasing price is high.

Unfortunately, hunting property - to own or lease - is getting (heck getting, it IS) very pricey and will soon be out of reach for the average Joe. Unless you have friends, family, or work out private deals with LO's who either don't care, or haven't checked into pricing.

Still, there are deals out there. I have run across several opportunities where large ranches (thousand or more acres) sometime consider carving out a few hundred acres. But best find these deals by getting to know folks and try to work a deal to purchase before it comes to market - and sometimes you can purchase without getting any agent involved. Ran across one of these last year, and I am still kicking myself for not doing it - but I just had too much going on in my life at the time to spend the time to close the deal.

And so far as listings on places like LandsOfTexas - fun to browse, but you won't find any deals there. I mean, you might (depending on what your looking for), but most of the really good properties have contracts on them by the time the website gets the posting up. Can't tell you how many times I found a listing that just cropped up - made a call only to find it was already under contract. More than dozen times in the past 5 years.

I know of a nice little place between Boerne and Sisterdale that I would love to have. Owned by a 79yo lady with no heirs. Been making friends, but I just might have to marry the old gal. smile

You were used as a pigeon to set the low price so crooked realtors could get their pocket buyers the best deal. Trec should be ashamed for allowing this.

But, since they aren't, I always do my research, and if I show up to look at a ranch, I'm gonna make an offer. And my lawyer is gonna be there to submit it. It really does keep the rea's honest . I love the looks on their faces.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Land Prices [Re: aeb] #5903254 08/30/15 02:07 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: aeb
County Tax Office sez land prices are up, up up!!!!!! bang

I think we have the same appraiser saying this!
Are you in Shackleford or Callahan?

Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5903370 08/30/15 03:14 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Here is a place someone should be looking at. http://abilene.craigslist.org/grd/5113822652.html

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Land Prices [Re: huntwest] #5903407 08/30/15 03:47 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: huntwest

My war is with the Shackelford County Tax office. Callahan seems to be more tuned to the market.

Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5903577 08/30/15 01:42 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Anything within even a somewhat reasonable driving distance from the metro areas has gone up, up, up.

Get out in the Big Country and beyond it has increased, but not nearly like the rest of the state.

In my experience prices almost never go down, you just go through periods of inactivity as the sellers who didn't sell at the high points wait for those prices to be paid again. There are always exceptions and good deals to be had if you look hard for them and are patient. Local knowledge is a huge advantage.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5903627 08/30/15 02:14 PM
H
Hubcap67 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Hey Folks,

I am new to Texas. After 30 years of military service my wife and I have decided to hang our hats in Floresville SE of San Antonio. I am looking for a place to hunt. Everything I have seen requires a lease and most of the rates seem ridiculous. I am from Montana and I am used to large tracts of forest service and other types of public lands do they exist here in Texas?

I am looking for a place to hunt whitetails, pigs, and exotics. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hubcap67: Life is to Short to Drink Bad Whisky
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5903639 08/30/15 02:23 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
You're near Camp Bullis, I would check there first, also check the Public Hunting Forum. welcome

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Land Prices [Re: aeb] #5903647 08/30/15 02:28 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H

My war is with the Shackelford County Tax office. Callahan seems to be more tuned to the market.

All of mine is in Shackleford. Plus they are raising the tax rates. I'm not sure if ag rates are going up.

Re: Land Prices [Re: nsmike] #5903650 08/30/15 02:31 PM
H
Hubcap67 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Thanks nsmike.

I am on the opposite side of San Antonio but I will hunt there. They seem to have some really strange regulations and rules for hunting deer on Bullis. I will check the forum thanks for the help!

Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5903658 08/30/15 02:35 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Hubcap also get the public draw hunts booklet from TPWD or go online and check it out. There are some really good hunts at very reasonable prices. And the odds are very good on many of them. It is a great way to get some great hunts without spending a fortune.

welcome

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Land Prices [Re: Erathkid] #5903670 08/30/15 02:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Erath is on fire. Back in '99, when we bought, land was around $500 an acre. Then about 2001-2, EOG came in and paid us $500 an acre option fee with 20% of future production. Paid for our place, straight up. That was a once in a lifetime deal. Our area is now about $3500 an acre.

I kick myself for not buying some back in 99 that was southeast of Dublin

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Land Prices [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5903705 08/30/15 03:11 PM
H
Hubcap67 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Thank You Nogales Prarie,

I did download the outdoor adventure app from TPWD with the assistance of my son, and was reading about hunting and fishing there. I was hoping to find stuff close to home but I am accustomed to long drives being from Montana.

Are there places to hunt near the Fort Davis area? I was at the Observatory in the Davis Mountains six years ago while I was in El Paso attending the Sergeant's Major Academy. The land looked great it was just to cold for the wife but I loved it.

Is everything privately owned in Texas? If so, where can the average guy hunt? I find it hard to believe that Texas a state with such a rich history of the common man has become a state where only the entitled can afford to hunt reminiscent of Europe.

I love San Antonio and the Hill Country, but I am beginning to think I made a mistake choosing Texas as my final home. Hunting has always been a big part of my life and something I have not been able to pass on to my children yet because of my commitments to the military and obligation to our country. I thought Texas would be a good place to begin with them but I see that is only a fact if I have the money. Retiring E9s don't make that much.

Thanks for your help! I will check out the draws.

Sincerely Hubcap67

Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5903923 08/30/15 05:53 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
welcome Texas is 97% or so privately owned land. Most every landowner will lease their land to make ends meet these days. The last 15-20 have been very dry for the most part and lot of ranches do not have much if any livestock left. So hunting income is the only reliable source of income for many. Texas has been paid lease hunting state for the past 50+ yrs now. With that type of hunting you will find the best hunting in the state on private lands. Like NP posted, put in for as many public hunts as you can. Great opportunities there for many. Look at the deadlines also, many are about to be drawn.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Land Prices [Re: huntwest] #5903999 08/30/15 06:51 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A

All of mine is in Shackleford. Plus they are raising the tax rates. I'm not sure if ag rates are going up.

County oil valuations down several million. Making it up elsewhere. bang

Re: Land Prices [Re: therancher] #5904275 08/30/15 10:14 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: therancher
Well ... let me tell you my recent experiences on land purchase, prices, and general dealings. I have been looking for a ranch for about 5 years. Lots and lots of land for sale, not a lot of good properties for sale under $1M, and fewer yet in what I am looking for - as I am trying to stay away from "hot rocks and cedar".

About 5 months ago, I got a lead on a property from someone right here on THF. I really didn't think too much, as for five years I've heard a lot of great talk from agents and when I go to look at the property, it is substantially "less than advertised". Well, kinda dragged my feet going to look, but when I did - WOW! It was a great property. Made an official appt for a viewing and brought along a buddy who has ranches and is a bit of an expert. We walked on foot the entire property and the agent was really good about leaving us alone when we wanted, and being there when we wanted. Fell in love with the place, and got a big thumbs-up from my friend - basically told me "buy it!". Well, since I hadn't gotten my loan yet from CFC, I immediately went to work on that. I knew I wouldn't have any problems, just hadn't gotten around to filling out all the paperwork. Well, I SHOULD have put a contract on it right away, subject to financing - because in about 10 days I got a call from CFC with "good news and bad news". The good news is that everything went smoothly on the paperwork in record time, but they said they checked on the property the day before and there was already a contract on it!! My bad!! Really hated losing that property.

OK, have "cash in hand" now and resume searching, this time with a bit more urgency. As luck would have it, I found another property just a couple of weeks later. The agent said the current owner might add an additional adjoining 50 acres - I told him, check on it - I want it, and I was prepared to pay list. Had my agent write up a contract, waited on the selling agent to call me back. Didn't hear from him for 5 days, called the next week and I said I had a contract to give him. He told me the price went up 30%!!! Without the additional parcel. I said WTH? Now it was way over-priced (before it was a little under priced). I said "let me give you the contract anyway, maybe the seller would reconsider". Nope, he informed me the owner already had a "contract pending" for more than my offer. Again, WTH?

Oh well, back to looking - still have cash in hand. Another gentlemen from this board contacted me about a property. Not really interested that one, but was very interested in a cheaper property (didn't need a $200,000 house). Well, things got messed up from the start - miscommunication, different expectations, etc. But the one property I was ready to buy, but concerned about asking/appraisal - but sent a contract anyway at nearly the asking price. No word for a week, then told the seller decided to pull the property from the market. Again, WTH?

Three deals go south in 2 months left me with a pretty sour taste, I'm telling you. But still looking while my option period is still good.

Now here's what I found currently - and remember, I am neither an agent nor a seller, so I have no skin in these comments. I have reviewed over a 1000 listings all across Texas - and have put eyes on at least 100.

There a very few quality hunting properties out there in the 100-300 acre range. Lots of listings, but most of them have some "defect" in them that could be problematic, depending on what/how you want to hunt. The few quality properties are VERY expensive, and IMHO, generally overpriced - but they are selling so I guess if they sell at that price, they ain't overpriced. smile In that acreage range, a quality hunting property is going to cost you nearly $1M dollars. There are a few that are in the $800K range, if you aren't too fussy. Quality properties in the $500K range and at least 80-100 acres are virtually nonexistent - but they are a few that crop up. They go FAST! Sometimes only on the market a couple of weeks, and many times have buyers snapping them up before they come on the open market.

If you are anywhere close to a major urban area (within 30-40 miles), expect the price per acre to be $3000-$3500 and go upwards from there very fast. I saw MANY places that were $8000-$15000/acre. You can still find good dirt for $2000-$2500/acre, but you will tend to have small neighbors. Hot Rocks and Cedar is still $1000-$1800/acre, but there is an alarming trend for the larger ranches to be broken up and sold in 50-75 acre parcels at twice that.

There seems to be two types of agents. Ones that are selling small parcels and will sell you crap, shot-out, places at way over value. The other group won't have much interest in talking to you unless you want to spend $750K to $1.5M. And if you say your budget is $500K-$750K, they will start showing properties in the $800-$1M range as a start, and will whisk you off any property less than $750K. If your say your budget is $1-1.2M, they will show you $2M places. If your budget is $500-$750K, best tell them you are looking for a place in the $300K range. smile

There are some areas where the land price is rising, and some places it is falling (few). With oil prices in dumper, you can be sure there is going to be a LOT of new properties hit the market after the first of the year. In the areas where land VALUE is still reasonable, you are fighting large corporations like Ranch Enterprises, that are buying it up fast, subdividing it into smaller section, and bumping the price-per-acre up making it SEEM that prices are rising (and I guess they are, if you look at it that way), but after running purchase-to-listing price analysis for dozens of counties, you'll see that larger parcels are going generally for less than asking, and are more in line with value/appraisals.

The best VALUE for purchasing hunting tracks are around the lower panhandle down to north of San Angelo, slightly west of Menard, and if you are interested in Hot Rocks and Cedar, the Rocksprings area (oh - forgot to mention another deal I was interested in, west/north of Rocksprings - but before I could see the property the agent called and told me it got burned to a crisp - arrghh!). But be VERY careful in the Rocksprings area. The area is fast getting chopped up and shot out. Even if you find a nice parcel, be very careful about neighboring areas - you could find yourself surrounded by 20-acre plots in a few years.

If you just want a small place to hunt, with limited infrastructure and not much to look at, you might be able to find a small tract in the $200K-$300K range. But if you want a place with good dirt, and a place to enjoy outside hunting (maybe build a place), and has decent hunting with decent neighbors - you best plan on spending $1M on up, which is what I've resigned to pay. frown Anything less and you are most likely going to have neighbor issues or some other defect that could impact hunting.

I've actually found an 80ac place for about $400K that is loaded with animals, including axis, and right in Boerne. Neighbors are not an issue, and the hunting is great. But..... it is virtually useless to build (hardly any flat area), has no good roads, and has a cell tower easement on one side, and a huge power line running through the other side. But it would great for hunting, but I would never be able to sell it.

So when you start talking about outrageous lease prices - remember that 500 acres you are leasing is probably worth $2-$5M !!! Paying $10/$15 acre to lease is CHEAP by comparison - which is why the leasing price is high.

Unfortunately, hunting property - to own or lease - is getting (heck getting, it IS) very pricey and will soon be out of reach for the average Joe. Unless you have friends, family, or work out private deals with LO's who either don't care, or haven't checked into pricing.

Still, there are deals out there. I have run across several opportunities where large ranches (thousand or more acres) sometime consider carving out a few hundred acres. But best find these deals by getting to know folks and try to work a deal to purchase before it comes to market - and sometimes you can purchase without getting any agent involved. Ran across one of these last year, and I am still kicking myself for not doing it - but I just had too much going on in my life at the time to spend the time to close the deal.

And so far as listings on places like LandsOfTexas - fun to browse, but you won't find any deals there. I mean, you might (depending on what your looking for), but most of the really good properties have contracts on them by the time the website gets the posting up. Can't tell you how many times I found a listing that just cropped up - made a call only to find it was already under contract. More than dozen times in the past 5 years.

I know of a nice little place between Boerne and Sisterdale that I would love to have. Owned by a 79yo lady with no heirs. Been making friends, but I just might have to marry the old gal. smile

You were used as a pigeon to set the low price so crooked realtors could get their pocket buyers the best deal. Trec should be ashamed for allowing this.

But, since they aren't, I always do my research, and if I show up to look at a ranch, I'm gonna make an offer. And my lawyer is gonna be there to submit it. It really does keep the rea's honest . I love the looks on their faces.

Tell me again how this pigeon thing works? i find it funny how you think a buyer who has a buyers agent is being used as a pigeon? Or how thst is even possible?

And how does you showing up and presenting offers with your attorney put you in a better position? That one is also a head scratcher

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5904281 08/30/15 10:21 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Head scratCher for sure. WTF?

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Land Prices [Re: txtrophy85] #5904342 08/30/15 10:50 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: therancher

Tell me again how this pigeon thing works? i find it funny how you think a buyer who has a buyers agent is being used as a pigeon? Or how thst is even possible?

And how does you showing up and presenting offers with your attorney put you in a better position? That one is also a head scratcher

Naw man. You're the one that said it's copacetic. You know perfectly well what I described is true. I can assure you the "lawyer dagget effect" is epic. And you know it.

Folks, exhibit A, realtor implying he doesn't know what a pigeon buyer is. If it makes you scratch your head, you should stay away from the re business.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5904437 08/30/15 11:37 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Our area you can find some decent deals at land auctions. Properties are likely to have been raped, but that's not a bad thing since you can set them up how you like with a little dozer work.

Last edited by rifleman; 08/31/15 12:24 AM.
Re: Land Prices [Re: 7ARanch] #5904512 08/31/15 12:20 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I read somewhere a few years ago that urban sprawl is taking an acre per minute out of agriculture production. That same loss is also applied to hunting acreages.

In my area some of the hunting leases are drying up, as their family expands so do their requirements to hunt their own land. 10 years ago my one neighbor leased his 4 places, today his family hunts 2 of those 4. As his grandkids grow up, I expect the other 2 will be pulled from the lease pool.

Another neighbor quit leasing 8 years ago because of obnoxious hunters, he got tired of the bs they kept dealing him. Others have said the same thing, the money is easy, not much too do, but some hunters expect the cattle etc., to be removed from the pastures before the season starts. Add in the trash left in the pastures, starting fires when there is a burn ban, target practicing at bottles and leaving the broken glass. And the list continues.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide