Forums46
Topics538,056
Posts9,732,475
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893405 08/24/15 06:35 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Never Happen...As it shouldnt

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Western] #5893408 08/24/15 06:36 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Western
10,000 MLD properties!! Crap, that would take a whole bureaucratic department to implement and keep up with.

Yeah but therancher says it doesn't cost anything! lol

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Western] #5893412 08/24/15 06:37 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
10,000 MLD properties!! Crap, that would take a whole bureaucratic department to implement and keep up with.

Yep, 10,000 properties who pay nothing for the permit. All the paper to print forms and permits plus the extra employees was not free to the dept. either, but yet they never charge for the ranch for the permit. Never made any sense to me.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5893424 08/24/15 06:41 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

Right now some anti hunter tree hugging bunny lover is sending this photo around to everyone in Greenpeace with a quote

[/b]LOOK WHAT THOSE MADMEN IN TEXAS ARE DOING TO DEER, JUST LIKE CECIL[b]

SMH, who wants or needs to see a photo like this in a hunting forum?

Where do you think that photos came from? How about a Pissed off Hunter and landowner that just watched an entire herd euthanized for CWD control......

Don't like it? I concur absolute waste!!! How about we push for a better alternative.

How about this one?

Interesting the guy in the photos supposedly picked out his favorite pet deer to be tested rather than one of the wild cull bucks im sure he has. Its all propaganda from both sides.

There are some killing deer that do not need to, that is not propaganda but truth. They did everything right by the permit rules and regs only to have the game change in midstream. They were required to test 20% of their deer by permit regulation and now it was switched in midstream AND BACKDATE 2 yrs to 50%. Killing healthy deer from a healthy herd not related to Medina County herd for no reason should become propaganda if that is what it takes to get to the real issue...how CWD got to Medina County. Not guilt by association.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893442 08/24/15 06:46 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Never studied much on MLD, in fact , have heard more about it here on HF than anywhere.

I have a good friend that was on a 1k lease that was similar to what you guys say, I just thought it was some kind of co-op deal between all the area ranches. They had to log kills and pull jaws on all deer killed, plant and feed. Their problem was, they averaged having to take 60 does a year off just 1K acres!, almost an impossible task with out waste. The quota came from the TPW biologist, that I do remember because I was there when they came out.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5893485 08/24/15 07:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

Right now some anti hunter tree hugging bunny lover is sending this photo around to everyone in Greenpeace with a quote

SMH, who wants or needs to see a photo like this in a hunting forum?

Where do you think that photos came from? How about a Pissed off Hunter and landowner that just watched an entire herd euthanized for CWD control......

Don't like it? I concur absolute waste!!! How about we push for a better alternative.

How about this one?

Interesting the guy in the photos supposedly picked out his favorite pet deer to be tested rather than one of the wild cull bucks im sure he has. Its all propaganda from both sides.

Or it was a law of averages and went with the oldest. He is a very small breeder. All his deer where pets, you want to see pics of his kids bottle feeding fawns and feeding the other deer?

Point is his herd was extremely healthy... Now he just at had to kill deer he had no intention of killing...especially to waste on a test he already knows the answer to.

I Have a plethora of pics from different breeders in TX that just now via government mandated had to wasted and behead a portion of their herd. I can post them but apparently some can't stomach it.

Do you not have a problem with the wasting of those animals?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893551 08/24/15 07:36 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
We are at 8 pages on this subject again? Good lord, how many horses have to die for everyone to beat on? On another note, why hasn't realkiller been here yet to spread some wisdom? I am sure his buddy and him have chased down a few breeder bucks up hill from 2 miles away to shoot at 741 yards with a lever action 30-30 with no scope. Those are the stories I want to read about.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893604 08/24/15 08:11 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
roflmao

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #5893654 08/24/15 08:33 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
We are at 8 pages on this subject again? Good lord, how many horses have to die for everyone to beat on? On another note, why hasn't realkiller been here yet to spread some wisdom? I am sure his buddy and him have chased down a few breeder bucks up hill from 2 miles away to shoot at 741 yards with a lever action 30-30 with no scope. Those are the stories I want to read about.

laugh

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893665 08/24/15 08:40 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
It's always the same guys that don't participate in deer breeding or MLD, but they know it's gotten "out of hand".

Anyone who can sit there and laugh or say they get what they deserve about deer being slaughtered for no good reason is "out of hand".

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 08/24/15 08:41 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893713 08/24/15 09:05 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I don't participate in welfare, but I'm pretty sure it's out of control too. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5893772 08/24/15 09:37 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
[quote=txbobcat][quote=BOBO the Clown][quote=blackcoal][quote=BOBO the Clown]

Definitely a waste of a lot of meat. Why aren't they processing those deer? Is that a no no until they are tested?

I just think it is interesting there is such an uproar now when 100% of those that signed up knew this day could happen (and probably knew it would after seeing what happened in other states).

Looks like the propaganda push needs to be on getting the live test approved and not bashing what the current test is when it was in place when they signed up. Why hasn't there been a huge industry push before now for the live testing?

Antis are loving the pics all over facebook. Keep up the good work. hammer

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893900 08/24/15 10:40 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
what are you arguing??? all those deer died in the last 20 days on ranches that had zero association with the Medina herd..

This is legislation that happened in the last 30 days that none of them signed up for.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5893933 08/24/15 10:51 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
what are you arguing??? all those deer died in the last 20 days on ranches that had zero association with the Medina herd..

This is legislation that happened in the last 30 days that none of them signed up for.

What I am saying about signing up is they signed up for a government controlled business. This type of thing could have happened since day one.

Why hasn't their been a bigger movement to approve the live testing from the breeders? Did they really think this day would never come?

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893944 08/24/15 10:57 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Been a big movement...

Not many test subjects when you treat a disease damn near like Ebola

I actually think the recent uproar will push live testing through

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5893951 08/24/15 11:01 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
[quote=txbobcat][quote=BOBO the Clown][quote=blackcoal][quote=BOBO the Clown]

Definitely a waste of a lot of meat. Why aren't they processing those deer? Is that a no no until they are tested?

I just think it is interesting there is such an uproar now when 100% of those that signed up knew this day could happen (and probably knew it would after seeing what happened in other states).

Looks like the propaganda push needs to be on getting the live test approved and not bashing what the current test is when it was in place when they signed up. Why hasn't there been a huge industry push before now for the live testing?

Antis are loving the pics all over facebook. Keep up the good work. hammer

If people are going to slaughter deer for no good reason they need to OWN it, not HIDE it.

So the way your defining "signing up" for a government program, that you should expect this kind of thing.....So I guess we should all just expect them to take all of our guns away eventually as well? Will you just capitulate like your expecting these people to do?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 08/24/15 11:07 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5893955 08/24/15 11:05 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

They don't "do" anything for the program. Guys from one of my ranches built the data sheets for them, and they have never even done the first visit to one of my ranches. They visited the other two. Once in 2006. [/quote]

There is actually quite a bit of admin to it. [/quote]

Why don't you help us understand what they actually do to "administer it". I've been MLD on ranches since they started. We (as in me) log all the data, do all the census's, and pay all the costs.

The state has a computer program that crunches the data (one they got from ranchers), and they send out a few emails a year. There is "supposed" to be an initial visit which I told you was not conducted on one of my ranches. And then they print and mail permits.

So please tell me what they do that costs more than stocking trout so you can fish for them, and not charging you for that service.

Hope you don't mind if I don't hold my breath while I wait. [/quote]

Right or wrong you would argue with a fencepost! lol roflmao

Multiply the data you submit and multiply that times 10,000 and tell me there isn't any admin cost involved.

MLD has gotten out of hand just like the breeder programs have to an extent. I'm sure if the state had the time to investigate those on MLD a large % should be kicked off for not meeting management goals and the intent of the program. [/quote]

I enter the data into the computer program (designed for free by ranchers). The data I enter multiplied by 10,000 can be run (without costing tpwd anything but computer time) in a few minutes.

Other than the initial visit to the ranch (which I pointed out doesn't even happen sometimes), there is no effort required or needed from tpwd.

Exactly how is that "out of hand"?

And please tell me why raising and stocking trout, redfish, rainbow trout etc (requiring specialized expensive equipment), all at no cost to the fishermen, is somehow ok, but you want me to pay extra for something that cost the state VERY little to administer?

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: stxranchman] #5893971 08/24/15 11:13 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Yep, 10,000 properties who pay nothing for the permit. All the paper to print forms and permits plus the extra employees was not free to the dept. either, but yet they never charge for the ranch for the permit. Never made any sense to me.

It's all administered online now except the actual permits. There are no more biologists now (who administer the program) than there were before the program started. It takes very little time now that it's virtually all electronic.

Maybe you can answer the question txbobcat is struggling so hard with. If you want to campaign for me to pay more to administer MLD, how come you're not going after the ridiculously expensive fish stockng programs?? Fishing licenses are actually much cheaper than hunting and lease licenses that I currently pay for.

I pay the state over $300 a year for administration in license fees alone. How much more do you think I need to bleed??

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893978 08/24/15 11:17 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I think your getting funding for public access outdoor activities confused with private property spending. In all reality MLd has probably limited access further for many hunters.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5893983 08/24/15 11:19 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Let's hope so...put an end to this private property rights nightmare!

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893984 08/24/15 11:19 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I don't pay them squat. Because I don't want them in my business.

rancher, despite your protests about government being such evil fascists, you participate in their program and subject your private property to their oversight - VOLUNTARILY. Obviously the benefits ($$) outweigh the "bleeding" you have to do.

Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 08/24/15 11:44 PM.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5893990 08/24/15 11:24 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
That $300 for fees, is that not a personal choice? You have to want the program to be subject to the fee right?

I don't see how it can be compared to fishing, lakes aren't in any "lease program", still subject to state and at times specific lake rules. I would almost bet fishing brings in much more money to the economy than hunting, less the lease fees that only go to the LO. Edit: And lakes are open to all public use.

MLD seems to be a LO personal choice, so to play, you have to pay.

Last edited by Western; 08/24/15 11:25 PM.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5894026 08/24/15 11:46 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Let's hope so...put an end to this private property rights nightmare!

Not just private property rights.... Been a ton of public land animals slaughtered in the name of stopping CWD also.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5894030 08/24/15 11:49 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I think your getting funding for public access outdoor activities confused with private property spending. In all reality MLd has probably limited access further for many hunters.

BS. The public is welcome to hunt my MLD ranches. Just as they are welcome to buy a bay boat and fish for stocked redfish.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Western] #5894047 08/24/15 11:58 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
That $300 for fees, is that not a personal choice? You have to want the program to be subject to the fee right?

I don't see how it can be compared to fishing, lakes aren't in any "lease program", still subject to state and at times specific lake rules. I would almost bet fishing brings in much more money to the economy than hunting, less the lease fees that only go to the LO. Edit: And lakes are open to all public use.

MLD seems to be a LO personal choice, so to play, you have to pay.

You are wrong on almost all counts. Hunting far exceeds fishing in economic terms. The 300 in fees is only a choice in so much as I like to hunt and I like to lease my ranches. They are not tied to MLD but those dollars go in the same pot.

The public is not only welcome to hunt my ranches but are openly invited. Out of state hunters are the biggest new money cash cow in the outdoor industry in Texas. The entire state economy benefits from me managing my ranches to produce trophy animals.

I really shouldn't have to teach Eco 101...

Crotchety old bastidge
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide