Forums46
Topics537,996
Posts9,731,581
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5895488 08/25/15 06:57 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Lol. Ol' Bobo is worked up! bounce

Indeed, I started sweating reading it.

My hands are off the wheel now. Pass that popcorn, RedChevy!
popcorn

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895492 08/25/15 07:00 PM
B
BowMan59 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
First to the author of the thread its straight up jealousy...

Second Amen Bobo!!!! Who the hell defines fair chase. Yep I'll hunt HF, LF and No fence, currently hunting HF and I know one thing I screw up I'm busted. Boundaries don't define me, my ability to hunt does. Our current world record was surrounded by a number of hunters and a deer drive commenced, Milo Hanson was the one lucky enough to first shoot a hole through one antler before the second hit the vitals. Was that fair chase or just a chase? We have enough problems with anti hunter, we sure don't need to condemn each other. The biggest reason for High fences from the beginning was for management purposes. How many have seen a 2 year buck killed and said man in 3 years that would have been a monster, well there you go. For those that condemn others, throw down you high powered rifle with you big a$$ scopes and pick up a stick and string even if it's a fang-dangled compound type with all the gadgets, it's still more of a challenge than shooting a animal 2 and 3 hundred yards away! By the way Cecil should have stayed on his side of the tracks... JMO which really isn't worth 2 cents but it belongs to me.

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895496 08/25/15 07:02 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Petition drive to blast TR's face off Mt. Rushmore and revoke his Congressional Medal of Honor coming soon!!

smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5895512 08/25/15 07:09 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Petition drive to blast TR's face off Mt. Rushmore and revoke his Congressional Medal of Honor coming soon!!

smile

Down with Teddy!!!!

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895520 08/25/15 07:15 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Who wants to buy my WWTD? Bead bracelets?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5895527 08/25/15 07:17 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Nope not worked up at all,

Simply decided that I'm not going to let aristocratic hunters whom write checks for hunts and slam book check marks degrade someone's trophy via defining what FAIRCHASE Is for someone else, and then misrepresented late 1800's quote as supporting content

cheers

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: txtrophy85] #5895529 08/25/15 07:18 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Who wants to buy my WWTD? Bead bracelets?

Winner! smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5895545 08/25/15 07:28 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Simply decided that I'm not going to let aristocratic hunters whom write checks for hunts and slam book check marks degrade someone's trophy via defining what FAIRCHASE Is for someone else, and then misrepresented late 1800's quote as supporting content

cheers

Yeah right SMH, got your tax bill this morning for last year "dent ya" roflmao

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: Western] #5895575 08/25/15 07:44 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Western

cheers

You can calmly call a spade a spade....

My tax bill was exciting last year. Turbo tax gave me money back...

I'm just an old farmer not a shake down artist

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5895620 08/25/15 08:05 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W

cheers

You can calmly call a spade a spade....

My tax bill was exciting last year. Turbo tax gave me money back...

I'm just an old farmer not a shake down artist

Wish I could do Turbo tax bang

Not a shake down artist??? Goldy said you did a hell of a "jig" in Colorado last year, he didn't say if it was before, or after the "Colorado Flame Incident" though

Dennis

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895631 08/25/15 08:10 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
I'm still not over that. Was my favorite truck. Only time ol'betsy left me on the side of the road was when I let someone else drive her.

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895674 08/25/15 08:30 PM
A
allterrain Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
How would Neanderthal feel about todays hunting, with our high powered bows and rifles, camo, hunting blinds and automatic feeders? They would envy us and call us a bunch of wussies.

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: allterrain] #5895681 08/25/15 08:33 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: allterrain
How would Neanderthal feel about todays hunting, with our high powered bows and rifles, camo, hunting blinds and automatic feeders? They would envy us and call us a bunch of wussies.

Actually I bet it would be more like,"Ungh grunt, oooo, ooo, urhgrah, qglrasdlakrjh, alerrhalfds;gh." And then they'd hit us over the head with a club.

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895687 08/25/15 08:37 PM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
I’ve grown up hunting/fishing ever since I can remember. I’ve have plenty exposure to high fence ranches, large and small; I used to work on one during my high school days. While seeing the animals everyday while feeding them, seeing deer coming in from the auction, and seeing people come in to shoot them just really turned off HF hunting. Don’t get me wrong, it was a lot of fun seeing and being around the animals, but like I said before, to me HF it is just like a stocked tank full of select fish species, sizes, feed, cover, ect. You can make it as easy or challenging as you want, but one thing is for sure, they are in the tank/fence and they aren’t getting out. Humans are in complete control, thus it’s not fair chase. For me it’s not a jealousy a envy thing at all, I just know the very obvious difference between the two. So, I’ve always handicapped or discounted the taking of game in captivity. I could really care less what someone shoots under their HF. It is what it is.

On the other hand, if I had not had any of these experiences with both HF and LF ranches and I was just getting into hunting, I probably wouldn’t know the difference. I mean, deer is a deer right?

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5895750 08/25/15 09:28 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I'm still not over that. Was my favorite truck. Only time ol'betsy left me on the side of the road was when I let someone else drive her.

I hear ya man, sucks to have a good truck, then "someone" comes along and decides you don't need it anymore rofl

Got to love Goldy, I can't imagine how bad he felt, even though it is fun to takes jabs at him. (DA roflmao)

Dennis

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: MarkE] #5895914 08/25/15 11:04 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: MarkE
I’ve grown up hunting/fishing ever since I can remember. I’ve have plenty exposure to high fence ranches, large and small; I used to work on one during my high school days. While seeing the animals everyday while feeding them, seeing deer coming in from the auction, and seeing people come in to shoot them just really turned off HF hunting. Don’t get me wrong, it was a lot of fun seeing and being around the animals, but like I said before, to me HF it is just like a stocked tank full of select fish species, sizes, feed, cover, ect. You can make it as easy or challenging as you want, but one thing is for sure, they are in the tank/fence and they aren’t getting out. Humans are in complete control, thus it’s not fair chase. For me it’s not a jealousy a envy thing at all, I just know the very obvious difference between the two. So, I’ve always handicapped or discounted the taking of game in captivity. I could really care less what someone shoots under their HF. It is what it is.

On the other hand, if I had not had any of these experiences with both HF and LF ranches and I was just getting into hunting, I probably wouldn’t know the difference. I mean, deer is a deer right?

NP Meet MarkE.... MarkE meet NP. Exchange phone numbers, email and compare plotting strategies. Party like it's 1893.... partyon555

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5895949 08/25/15 11:16 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Lawd

Dennis

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: Western] #5896008 08/25/15 11:43 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I hear ya man, sucks to have a good truck, then "someone" comes along and decides you don't need it anymore rofl

Got to love Goldy, I can't imagine how bad he felt, even though it is fun to takes jabs at him. (DA roflmao)

Pretty damn good sport about I'll give him that!!!!!!!!

Think he was more shocked I didn't care and wasn't the least upset.

We where all safe and I didn't have to worry about getting sued by a nation for burning down a nation inside of a nation..lol

Just hold tight men, round 7 in three weeks smile. Get your tickets now!!!!

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5896028 08/25/15 11:50 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Nation inside of a Nation, know that meaning well!

Dennis

Re: Is it jealousy, or is it something else [Re: HuntnFly67] #5896452 08/26/15 02:49 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Durn just mention the word high fence and duel scared

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide