Forums46
Topics537,001
Posts9,719,332
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5894048 08/24/15 11:59 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
[quote=txbobcat][quote=BOBO the Clown][quote=blackcoal][quote=BOBO the Clown]

Right now some anti hunter tree hugging bunny lover is sending this photo around to everyone in Greenpeace with a quote

[/b]LOOK WHAT THOSE MADMEN IN TEXAS ARE DOING TO DEER, JUST LIKE CECIL[b]

Definitely a waste of a lot of meat. Why aren't they processing those deer? Is that a no no until they are tested?

I just think it is interesting there is such an uproar now when 100% of those that signed up knew this day could happen (and probably knew it would after seeing what happened in other states).

Looks like the propaganda push needs to be on getting the live test approved and not bashing what the current test is when it was in place when they signed up. Why hasn't there been a huge industry push before now for the live testing?

Antis are loving the pics all over facebook. Keep up the good work. hammer

If people are going to slaughter deer for no good reason they need to OWN it, not HIDE it.

So the way your defining "signing up" for a government program, that you should expect this kind of thing.....So I guess we should all just expect them to take all of our guns away eventually as well? Will you just capitulate like your expecting these people to do?

"Like"

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: therancher] #5894076 08/25/15 12:11 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: Western
That $300 for fees, is that not a personal choice? You have to want the program to be subject to the fee right?

I don't see how it can be compared to fishing, lakes aren't in any "lease program", still subject to state and at times specific lake rules. I would almost bet fishing brings in much more money to the economy than hunting, less the lease fees that only go to the LO. Edit: And lakes are open to all public use.

MLD seems to be a LO personal choice, so to play, you have to pay.

You are wrong on almost all counts. Hunting far exceeds fishing in economic terms. The 300 in fees is only a choice in so much as I like to hunt and I like to lease my ranches. They are not tied to MLD but those dollars go in the same pot.

The public is not only welcome to hunt my ranches but are openly invited. Out of state hunters are the biggest new money cash cow in the outdoor industry in Texas. The entire state economy benefits from me managing my ranches to produce trophy animals.

I really shouldn't have to teach Eco 101...

Public is welcome at your ranch for a "kill fee", or whatever you want to call it to feel better, I can fish off the bank for a $40 license and in any state water I care too.

To claim you are extorted out of $300, in the scheme of things is sad. You opted into that program, or maybe you where swindled into it.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894109 08/25/15 12:23 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
BTW Not as BIG a difference in Spending over hunting and fishing, 2013 article

""At the state level Texas continued to be among the leaders in the nation for overall outdoor participation and spending. When it comes to fishing, 2.25 million resident and non-resident anglers spent $1.54 billion on related expenditures, including 68 percent of that on trip-related expenses, including food, lodging and transportation in 2011.

Hunting figures showed that 1.15 million resident and non-resident hunters spent $1.84 billion on related expenditures, including 46 percent of that on trip expenses. In all, residents and non-residents spent $6.2 billion on wildlife recreation activities in 2011 in Texas, nearly half of that coming on equipment purchases.""

http://texanoutdoors.com/hunting/texas-hunting-fishing-generate-huge-revenue-for-state-economy/

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Western] #5894154 08/25/15 12:48 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
That $300 for fees, is that not a personal choice? You have to want the program to be subject to the fee right?

I don't see how it can be compared to fishing, lakes aren't in any "lease program", still subject to state and at times specific lake rules. I would almost bet fishing brings in much more money to the economy than hunting, less the lease fees that only go to the LO. Edit: And lakes are open to all public use.

You are wrong on almost all counts. Hunting far exceeds fishing in economic terms. The 300 in fees is only a choice in so much as I like to hunt and I like to lease my ranches. They are not tied to MLD but those dollars go in the same pot.

The public is not only welcome to hunt my ranches but are openly invited. Out of state hunters are the biggest new money cash cow in the outdoor industry in Texas. The entire state economy benefits from me managing my ranches to produce trophy animals.

Public is welcome at your ranch for a "kill fee", or whatever you want to call it to feel better, I can fish off the bank for a $40 license and in any state water I care too.

To claim you are extorted out of $300, in the scheme of things is sad. You opted into that program, or maybe you where swindled into it.

You can also hunt on a public place too. There is no difference than with fishing in public places. You will pay to fish private waters just like you will pay to hunt private land.

Once more, the lease license has nothing to do with MLD. It is a tax over and above property tax, income tax, sales taxes, and general hunting licenses.

My point is, I'm already paying a tax more than you are, that is applied to tpwd admin. And yet you and stx think I should pay even more, when what I get extra is much less than the average fisherman.

Your political leanings and mine are not similar.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894164 08/25/15 12:50 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
therancher - if you don't get anything extra out of it, then don't pay it.

Economics 101, you know. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5894232 08/25/15 01:23 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
therancher - if you don't get anything extra out of it, then don't pay it.

Economics 101, you know. smile

"See Tip Run" (Reading comprehension 0.001).

I never said I don't get anything out of it. I'm certain that if you read it again you can understand it. Now run along....

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5894250 08/25/15 01:30 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Here's an economics lesson for stx, western and NP and I guess bobcat and whoever else.

Who brings more out of state revenue to the Texas economy based on their use, expenditures, and stewardship of the states natural resources?

The fisherman who the state spends a boatload more money providing services for? Or the rancher who brings 15 or more out of state hunters in?

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894254 08/25/15 01:33 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Who benefits more from those out of state hunters- the rancher or the state?

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: stxranchman] #5894331 08/25/15 02:03 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Who benefits more from those out of state hunters- the rancher or the state?

The state economy gets pretty much everything I make (I would expect you to know that). But I can only speak for me. A ranch down the road from me is owned by New Yorkers so I assume ny gets some of that.

So, I guess what you are saying is that if you run a business in Texas, that brings out of state dollars in the state, and it passes through your pockets, you should be taxed more than someone who doesn't bring OOS $ to the state economic coffers AND who is already compensated by the state more than the guys who positively impact the state economy.

If that concept is logical to you and you ever become a majority of the voting public in Texas, we are fargin toast.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: therancher] #5894332 08/25/15 02:03 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Here's an economics lesson for stx, western and NP and I guess bobcat and whoever else.

Who brings more out of state revenue to the Texas economy based on their use, expenditures, and stewardship of the states natural resources?

The fisherman who the state spends a boatload more money providing services for? Or the rancher who brings 15 or more out of state hunters in?

Hunting makes up on 29% of all money spent in Texas on wildlife recreation activities. Nationwide, anglers out spend hunters by nearly $10 billion.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: TexFlip] #5894523 08/25/15 03:29 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

Hunting makes up on 29% of all money spent in Texas on wildlife recreation activities. Nationwide, anglers out spend hunters by nearly $10 billion.

I know it's tough, but please try to keep up. The discussion is about Texas. Have mercy.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894525 08/25/15 03:29 AM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Your still mixing up your private land versus public land fishing.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: therancher] #5894528 08/25/15 03:32 AM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Your political leanings and mine are not similar.

Haha...your the one signed up on a government program that the taxpayers pay for to improve the hunting on your private land....does that sound real "conservative" ???

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894542 08/25/15 03:38 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I personally dont understand the lease license tax but that's just me apparently.
As if property tax and income tax aren't enough let's add another tax ...

Toss in the fact it's also progressive tax just for giggles.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5894546 08/25/15 03:42 AM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I personally dont understand the lease license tax but that's just me apparently.

Yeah not sure where that originated from. Hunters already pay a license fee to hunt.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: therancher] #5894552 08/25/15 03:48 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I know it's tough, but please try to keep up. The discussion is about Texas. Have mercy.

I know it's tough, but please read the entire statement

29% as in LESS THAN ONE THIRD.

2011–2012 Season Volume Revenue
Hunting Licenses ... 745,115 ... $19.4 million
Fishing Licenses ... 1,207,369 ... $35.8 million
Combined Licenses ... 630,796 ... $31.0 million
TOTAL ... ... ... 2,583,280 ... $86.2 million

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5894603 08/25/15 04:43 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Yeah not sure where that originated from. Hunters already pay a license fee to hunt.

Yet you, stx, western, and NP are all for me paying it. Pretty lame.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: TexFlip] #5894609 08/25/15 04:53 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I know it's tough, but please read the entire statement

29% as in LESS THAN ONE THIRD.

2011–2012 Season Volume Revenue
Hunting Licenses ... 745,115 ... $19.4 million
Fishing Licenses ... 1,207,369 ... $35.8 million
Combined Licenses ... 630,796 ... $31.0 million
TOTAL ... ... ... 2,583,280 ... $86.2 million

Let me help you. You aren't so slow that you don't know that the combo licenses are sold because of hunting, not fishing. There's no reason to pay the extra for combo if you're only fishing. So, if you're honest you have to combine both hunting and combo licenses to look at the true numbers on hunting.

And those numbers don't even show the millions taken in by the lease license each ranch has to pay to lease the hunting rights. That makes hunting well over 60%.

I can't even believe anyone even considered Texas didn't take in more from hunting.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: txbobcat] #5894615 08/25/15 05:01 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I really shouldn't have to teach Eco 101... [/quote]

To claim you are extorted out of $300, in the scheme of things is sad. You opted into that program, or maybe you where swindled into it. [/quote]

Your political leanings and mine are not similar. [/quote]

Haha...your the one signed up on a government program that the taxpayers pay for to improve the hunting on your private land....does that sound real "conservative" ??? [/quote]

Wow. This is getting ridiculous. One more time. Ranchers who lease are a net positive to the state. In about 10 different ways. No way the state spends more than 300 to administer my MLD. Plus we bring many millions into the states economy from other states/countries.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894619 08/25/15 05:10 AM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
People that buy combo licenses probably buy them because they hunt AND fish. You can either add the combo numbers to both types sold or neither, not just the one that helps your cause. You don't get to decide that hunting takes in more than fishing, the consumer does. Hunters may spend more individually than anglers, but anglers have the numbers and spend more in Texas and nation wide.

In 2011 hunters (resident and out of state) spent $1.84B on hunting and related expenditures in Texas, 46% on trip expenses. In all residents and non-residents spent $6.2B on wildlife related activities in Texas.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: TexFlip] #5894637 08/25/15 06:36 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
People that buy combo licenses probably buy them because they hunt AND fish. You can either add the combo numbers to both types sold or neither, not just the one that helps your cause. You don't get to decide that hunting takes in more than fishing, the consumer does. Hunters may spend more individually than anglers, but anglers have the numbers and spend more in Texas and nation wide.

In 2011 hunters (resident and out of state) spent $1.84B on hunting and related expenditures in Texas, 46% on trip expenses. In all residents and non-residents spent $6.2B on wildlife related activities in Texas.

Pretty much everyone knows that hunters spend more than anglers in Texas (not sure if you've just been snoozing or what). And, it's pretty convenient that you only quoted the hunting statistics, and left out the fishing stats which clearly show that hunters spend more in Texas.

And you left out the ranch license which contribute at least 10 more million to the hunting total. But hey. I won't even add those dollars. And hunters still spend 16% more. I color coded the pertinent figures to provide some obviously much needed assistance. up

At the state level Texas continued to be among the leaders in the nation for overall outdoor participation and spending. When it comes to fishing, 2.25 million resident and non-resident anglers spent At the state level Texas continued to be among the leaders in the nation for overall outdoor participation and spending. When it comes to fishing, 2.25 million resident and non-resident anglers spent $1.54 billion on related expenditures, including 68 percent of that on trip-related expenses, including food, lodging and transportation in 2011.

Hunting figures showed that 1.15 million resident and non-resident hunters spent $1.84 billion on related expenditures, including 46 percent of that on trip expenses. In all, residents and non-residents spent $6.2 billion on wildlife recreation activities in 2011 in Texas, nearly half of that coming on equipment purchases.

Last edited by therancher; 08/25/15 06:39 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894662 08/25/15 09:54 AM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
My hunting and fishing costs aren't even close. Have never added it up, but I'm quite certain hunting takes the bill.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: therancher] #5894708 08/25/15 11:31 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

I pay it too...keep bellering someone will listen....

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: Chunky Monkey] #5894747 08/25/15 12:06 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Lol.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Deer being killed to test for Chronic Wasting Disease [Re: stxranchman] #5894895 08/25/15 01:48 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

I pay it too...keep bellering someone will listen....

The difference then is I don't think you should have to be taxed for leasing your land. On top of all the other taxes you pay.

Crotchety old bastidge
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide