Print Thread
Just curious #5888762 08/21/15 01:48 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
I see stories and picture of hog hunts in Texas, but don't see them put in the 2015 hog kill count. Are they high fence hogs? because I could see that not counting since they are in a contained environment. How can we count hogs if we don't inter them in the numbers log? scratch

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5888788 08/21/15 02:04 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
some people don't participate in the 'counting' thing so they don't enter

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5888878 08/21/15 02:50 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
How can we count hogs if we don't inter them in the numbers log?

That is sort of the problem with voluntary surveys. I think it was more a novelty the first year and more people did it then. Now, fewer folks participate and the tallies are much less.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Just curious [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5889107 08/21/15 04:46 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:
How can we count hogs if we don't inter them in the numbers log?

That is sort of the problem with voluntary surveys. I think it was more a novelty the first year and more people did it then. Now, fewer folks participate and the tallies are much less.

cheers texas is a big state, only 56,802 members post on here... Tis sure many dont post every time they get a hog... Look at Texaslawman, his hog count beats total of last few years... My tagoto place for hogs, have seen were hogs have torn up along side of ATV trails, its low bottom land, hunting pressure is limited... Its not 24-7-365 out hunting... Have sat back off ATV trails during archery deer&hag hunts, gground all tore up, mostly done at night... Usdta have to fill out form.. Hunters were the eyes & ears now its gone high-tech... The place has been thinned out of hog's over the years, big time... Unlimited hogs even during daylight hours & limited season can make a dent... Seen yotes carring little hogs off... Thats just my opinion, like old saying, rofl mine stinks, too many beens... Cool front moved in hogs been showing up on cams ,so they moving little more daylight hours.. Go get ya some... cheers DNS does just not able watch videos, tried getting mine on video , its tough, had ta put down camera... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890270 08/22/15 05:03 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
hmmmm on that. thanks, And colt 45 go out get ya another one. up

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890416 08/22/15 02:01 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
cheers Could use few more in freezer... Unfortunately dont have acsess to the problem area's... OSBWMA is closed, think they allow archery now for hogs, havent done archery in couple years cause of shoulder... Just have small little area, cant choot whats not thar.... Seen on the hog kill ya took a few, cheers coolpics have ta wait ta watch video.. Been trying ta do video of a laser-tag... Had every thing set up.. Was over month or two since seen hog on cam.. Cams not set up for night, but have area scraped bare under feeder, ta check tracks, also walk areas from time ta time checking for sign... They follow creek, usualy the neighbors dogs keep hogs moving... Was suprised these stayed around... First seen pic of hogs on cam again... Went tried again.. Was in blind had cammera set up, & hogs slowly made way ta were had hand thrown a ice cream pail of corn just 20-25 yrds away... Weeds were so tall couldnt see hogs, stood up, just see the head boben & top ofbacks, turned on camera then laser... It bounced all over weeds.. Hogs spooked.. Just blew it, simple as that... So cleared small shooting lane, more corn & backed off, left alone. & got lucky, hogs were already at corn, so had ta put up camera, ease ta were get a shot... .223 55gr hp... Hog never new what hit it.... No sign of the other one, both were boars... Last night threw some butter in pan, some barbaqu & cajon seasoning grillen & chillen.. Bye time i get chance ta post a pic of the hog, it will be old news, tis why gave report on the photo form... Doing best i can with what little i got... Am sure theirs plenty of people on here that dont post their pic's for some reason or another... Last several years not able ta hit OSBWMA due ta several reasons, been known ta take more pics & videos than choot... Edit: bang had some spelling errors rofl theirs still probly a few, ment hit wrong keys while typing.... flag

Last edited by colt.45; 08/22/15 02:21 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890431 08/22/15 02:17 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
I hear ya on the phone problems. I sent a pic to a friend last night of the four hogs I killed. I have two pics of them and they are both not very well lit because my phone doesn't have flash. I have to use flash light o help the camera. Now I cant get the better of the two to send anywhere. I can send anything but that photo. It says cannot add more max 295kb rrrrrrr! what the hell? sometimes I think the phone confuses itself. I even went in and erased lot of old pics to gain data clearance. man and I don't have a cord for direct download for this phone. It wont be long and the hogs will change their ways. They will be cruising all over the place. Its still hot enough to keep em near the water.
up

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890484 08/22/15 02:58 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
cheers Think my phone ( android ) , is refurbished... It dont even ring 2/3rds of the time.. Hit the wrong keys at times typing.. Bad spelling is my part... Never did get payed for me book smarts, rofl Very few could keep up with me using idiot stick... Got aches & pains ta prove it... This is the age of high-tech... Faster is better, yet they still gonna need manual labor... rofl every time machine replaces a person, others call em widgets for drawing unemployment... When their was a shutdown at plant, we got told, not to apply for unemployment... We had no vacation time, except the mandatory shut down... Machines need repairing, wear & tear... Bills still need ta be payed.... We jumped in family car & headed north ta see family & friends... i didnt blame others for signing up... We were paying our bills, slowly... Getten off track, rofl dont do no good ta complain... Sometimes angel Prayers are answered.. Think reason for pic's not showing up & reason i'm not able ta post pic's off android is due ta pixels, as U stated... Look at computers, this hand help android is only access ta net.... Fits in me pocket.. Yet format is outdated... back Only have till end of this month for hunting, rofl then it will be called poacihng if choot ta grill & chill... Doing best i can... flag

Last edited by colt.45; 08/22/15 03:04 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890574 08/22/15 04:51 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
yingyang

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890617 08/22/15 05:33 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Hogs have learned to read English. Originally they could only read in Russian, hence the term Russian hogs. Now that they have increased their knowledge base many hunters have decided it would be wise to withhold certain information. Course none of this ever applied to East Texas hoggers. dunce

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Just curious [Re: blackcoal] #5890664 08/22/15 06:11 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
rofl flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5890898 08/22/15 10:42 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
10 4

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5891128 08/23/15 01:44 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Just checked both cam's.. Bussards, yote, deer... No hogs... You still seeing hog's? Figure it might be awhile here again... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5891180 08/23/15 02:16 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Man I see hogs every time I go. Ive just got to drive 30 or 50 miles one way ever time I go. I have a place right down the road, but those hogs have left out. They will be back when things get cooled off. I understand the wondering because the ones down the road are thick in numbers and have completely come up missing. That spot even has creeks and ponds. You ought to broaden your horizon on the hog hunting spots. Relying on the same old spots can get real old real quick. up

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5891359 08/23/15 06:13 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
cheers Not all areas have hog problems, seen person posting from close bye, that said they had ta go ta Oklahoma for hog hunt... i had posted several videos of hogs that was close enough ta stick arrow into, got bad shoulder, & trouble drawing back bow, way too much movement, had ta give it up couple years ago.. Posted them on the public hunting form on here. rofl One were snuck up on hogs & scared em... Then another video were was easen threw woods, & think it was same hogs, bedded down in front of me... Was doing some scouting for person was gonna meet in few days... Me health not best, didnt get all the meat wanted from last hog, thought knife was sharp, it was duller than butter knife, any was my back was spassen like crazy.... Any ways got on THF ta see if some one wanted ta do some hog hunten... Peopke used ta lease with pretty much quite uunting, few have passed on... Friend down road has lease, & is usualy their hunting... Joined one guy on here for hog hunt, we seen couple hogs... Place is just down road, finding hogs was always easy part... Just worn out from years of foundry work... & insuramce out on truck... Seen some guys posted they got 10 & are going out again tonight.. Any ways Safe hunten... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5891443 08/23/15 12:51 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Cool deal good luck. Man Ive got a Arkansas sharpening stone that I keep with me while skinning deer. I can remember trying to skin tree rats when I was a kid with real dull knifes. Man it sucked. Didn't have a dad to teach me how to sharpen the knives. I was a boy scout for 7 years and I don't recall being taught how to properly sharpen a knife, but they did let us shoot .22s shotguns and bows. I guess they thought we might cut our fingers off when the adults weren't around. haha Those swiss army knives never really held an edge anyways. up

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5895038 08/25/15 03:14 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
cooler weather settimg in... We got thunderstorm here this morning... Only thing hitting the corn is pic of squirrel... Seen you've posted few pics cheers usdta enjoy hitting WMA after rain, look for fresh track's... Later tanight might check the creek here... My cam's go off every minnute, dont always get good pics, last year had three different bucks at same time hitting mineral block, then got pic of legal 13+" just stepping out of tree line, so put second cam facing back... Keep area cleared under acorn tree for the night time raiders... You still seeing lots of hogs ? WMA down road is were do best for hog hunten... The 24-7-365 preasure on privet land & all the high-tech has put dent in hogs... WMA doesnt have 24-7-365 presure... Best wishes.. flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5895077 08/25/15 03:31 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Just got some storms too. It would be a good time to get out there after them this evening. All that wet grass keeps them lubed and cooled down. It puts a little spunk in their step too. School started yesterday, so will be a little more bowed up at the starting gates with school, city soccer, ect. May cut back on hunts till dove season starts up. Neighbors 400 acres is loaded with dove. Ive got to get back out on the hogs too because its when I do my early season scouting for the local deer herd. Im going to let these storms ride on outa here before I jump back out there in it. flehan smile

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5895925 08/25/15 11:07 PM
H
Hog Man1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Haven't been out in a month or so....has the snake situation improved?? last time i was out i damn near stepped on a copper head!! Scared the S#$T out of me!! when do they hide for the winter? haha

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5895930 08/25/15 11:08 PM
H
Hog Man1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Need to set up a camera as well.... im sure the heat has the Hogs waiting until almost dawn to come feed!!

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5896448 08/26/15 02:46 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Ive been in snake territory but haven't had an eye to eye encounter in a couple of weeks. It was in a creek. Killed it with a waterlogged log. The hogs are getting a little more frisky in the evenings if they have some close bed to feeding situations you may be able to cut them off. I always wear some snake boots, but still look for them.

Re: Just curious [Re: REALKILLER] #5896549 08/26/15 03:47 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Last year bout this time was steppen across creek, water moccosen confused2 ( cottonmouth ) had mouth wide open ready ta lunge... Kild several copper heads by house, &found sheded snake skin in house, couple days ago... Last one was a chicken snake, least it made.chicken outa me.... Tagh can still hear de screams on acool clear full moon light night, rofl some say theirs a panther... Have seen many even in Nov at OSBWMA... Tis sure every onrs got stories... flag

i'm postaddic
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide