6244266 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5864910 - 08/05/15 05:11 PM Correct me...or the ranch
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training

Loc: Katy, TX
Don't mean to knock on or hate on this one THFer/ranch, but I'm pretty sure the description of corsican sheep is wrong on here...or a Texas Dall....

Corsican Sheep
The Corsican Sheep also known as the Rocky Mountain Bighorn is considered by many to be the number one North American big game animal. The Corsican Ram is very similar in appearance to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Ram. They are reddish brown with an attractive black mane on the bottom of their neck. A large ram can weigh 125 pounds.

Texas Dall Sheep
The Texas Dall Sheep was derived from cross breeding Corsican and Mouflon sheep. This beautiful animal typically has a bright white coat and weighs in at a hefty 130 pounds. Males are called rams and feature rounded horns that make for a very attractive and exotic mount. Their horns usually curl up, out, down and out.

Don't think I should give out the ranch name, but I think they know who they are.

#5864913 - 08/05/15 05:15 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
Little Chit, Little Chit, Little Chit

I have a short attention spa

#5865060 - 08/05/15 06:48 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
nsmike Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: MN

#5865430 - 08/05/15 09:58 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity

yeah I would say that is misrepresentation

a Corsican is a sheep with domestic origins. Anyone who has seen a rocky mountain bighorn and a Corsican know they two look absolutely nothing alike.

#5865773 - 08/06/15 08:28 AM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
EddieWalker Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
Sounds like somebody is intentionally trying to mislead people in order to sell their hunts.

#5865896 - 08/06/15 09:36 AM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
Mike Savoy Offline
Tracker

I think that ranch needs to do a little homework.

Edited by Mike Savoy (08/06/15 09:36 AM)

www.centexwildlife.com (under construction)

#5866224 - 08/06/15 12:50 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
brett toth Offline
Outdoorsman

ahaha that funny. please post their website i want to what other descriptions they say about the other animals.

#5866329 - 08/06/15 01:51 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: brett toth]
kdkane1971 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Mesopotamia
Originally Posted By: brett toth
ahaha that funny. please post their website i want to what other descriptions they say about the other animals.

x2

#5866572 - 08/06/15 03:43 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

That is a snippet of the part on the website but still enough to find the website.

#5868255 - 08/07/15 03:27 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
Bubinga Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Texas
Why do you think you shouldn't name the ranch? If that is what is actually on their website, then you are doing nothing wrong.

#5868256 - 08/07/15 03:29 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
Mike Savoy Offline
Tracker

That was the last person I would of thought of to give that description of sheep.

www.centexwildlife.com (under construction)

#5868334 - 08/07/15 04:39 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
Aaron-Ibex Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Don't mean to knock on or hate on this one THFer/ranch, but I'm pretty sure the description of corsican sheep is wrong on here...or a Texas Dall....

Corsican Sheep
The Corsican Sheep also known as the Rocky Mountain Bighorn is considered by many to be the number one North American big game animal. The Corsican Ram is very similar in appearance to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Ram. They are reddish brown with an attractive black mane on the bottom of their neck. A large ram can weigh 125 pounds.

Texas Dall Sheep
The Texas Dall Sheep was derived from cross breeding Corsican and Mouflon sheep. This beautiful animal typically has a bright white coat and weighs in at a hefty 130 pounds. Males are called rams and feature rounded horns that make for a very attractive and exotic mount. Their horns usually curl up, out, down and out.

Don't think I should give out the ranch name, but I think they know who they are.

I am going to say you're referring to Thompson Temple. I looked at his website and a bunch of the wording is the exact same. But it also appears things were added. Here is his exact descriptions...Read it and then read what you wrote.

Corsican Ram(Country of Origin: West Indies )

We have put probably put more Corsican Rams in the book than anyone else ! The Rocky Mountain Bighorn is considered by many to be the number one North American big game animal. The Corsican Ram is very similar in appearance to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Ram. They are reddish brown with an attractive black mane on the bottom of their neck. A large ram can weight 125 pounds. The Corsican Ram, Mouflon Ram, the White Texas Dall Ram and the Hawaiian Black Ram comprise the Texas Grand Slam ! Hunt all four and get the Texas Slam Cap!

Texas White Dall Ram(Country of Origin: USA - Texas)

This ram has an appearance similar to the white Alaskan Dall Ram. Their horns usually curl up, out, down and out. They are either snow white or a golden color with a white face. A grown ram can weigh up to 130 pounds. The Texas Dall Sheep is a hybrid sheep that originated in Texas.

Edited by Aaron-Ibex (08/07/15 04:42 PM)

#5868393 - 08/07/15 05:28 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
txbobcat Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: TX
Yeah but is the Corsican the red tag or the white tag?

#5868512 - 08/07/15 06:45 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: Aaron-Ibex]
traviselmore Offline
Tracker

Loc: Vale, NC
Originally Posted By: Aaron-Ibex
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari

Corsican Sheep

Texas Dall Sheep

I am going to say you're referring to Thompson Temple. I looked at his website and a bunch of the wording is the exact same. But it also appears things were added. Here is his exact descriptions...Read it and then read what you wrote.

Corsican Ram(Country of Origin: West Indies )

We have put probably put more Corsican Rams in the book than anyone else ! The Rocky Mountain Bighorn is considered by many to be the number one North American big game animal. The Corsican Ram is very similar in appearance to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Ram. They are reddish brown with an attractive black mane on the bottom of their neck. A large ram can weight 125 pounds. The Corsican Ram, Mouflon Ram, the White Texas Dall Ram and the Hawaiian Black Ram comprise the Texas Grand Slam ! Hunt all four and get the Texas Slam Cap!

Texas White Dall Ram(Country of Origin: USA - Texas)

This ram has an appearance similar to the white Alaskan Dall Ram. Their horns usually curl up, out, down and out. They are either snow white or a golden color with a white face. A grown ram can weigh up to 130 pounds. The Texas Dall Sheep is a hybrid sheep that originated in Texas.

Thomson Temple is not the ranch he is referring to. If you copy the text he wrote an put that into google it is perfect match to a ranch. It appears nothing has been added to the ranch website.

It appears the other ranch has copied thomsons original description and edited it to say they are the same animal. If that is so it seems pretty sketchy. I thought originally they had just mistyped but it appears to have been a deliberate change of the original description.

Edited by traviselmore (08/07/15 06:51 PM)

#5868612 - 08/07/15 07:55 PM Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari]
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew

Loc: Grayson County
Which Ranch Chital??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide