Print Thread
Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA #5863714 08/05/15 02:04 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Watch it 24.1 on the local east tx channels its the Louisiana Public Broadcasting channel.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5863752 08/05/15 02:23 AM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5863846 08/05/15 03:08 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Sorry for the late heads up. It was about how the NRA stands up for our gun rights no matter what. Yes there has been horrific shooting tragedies lately and in the past, but there are other ways to prevent these happenings other than to taking away our gun rights. Increased security, metal detectors, fences, and bullet proof doors and glass can make miracles. That's my solution and not to punish us by taking away our guns. Hey it may seem extreme, but you have to react and not sit back and just point fingers at people. Its a simple solution that should of been in motion right after Columbine. The NRA is under rated in my book and have been covering our rears and I think them.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5863864 08/05/15 03:24 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Sorry for the late heads up. It was about how the NRA stands up for our gun rights no matter what. Yes there has been horrific shooting tragedies lately and in the past, but there are other ways to prevent these happenings other than to taking away our gun rights. Increased security, metal detectors, fences, and bullet proof doors and glass can make miracles. That's my solution and not to punish us by taking away our guns. Hey it may seem extreme, but you have to react and not sit back and just point fingers at people. Its a simple solution that should of been in motion right after Columbine. The NRA is under rated in my book and have been covering our rears and I think them.

Yes the NRA covers our "rears". Just like we should cover each other.

However, you are an outspoken anti fence campaigner. I guess somewhere you find a moral equivalence there. I don't.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5864025 08/05/15 12:11 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
The fence subject seems like a loss of freedom, but I don't like the thought of a bad guy walking up on a school campus with such ease. If you see somebody trying to break into a fenced area, you automatically know that they are doing something wrong. Hey I don't want kids school to look like prison, but I also don't want thugs coming off the streets and harming our kids. Times are changing. The high school I went to had no fences. They put some low piped fence around some areas later and now hey are putting up black iron fencing in certain areas. If you don't fill the gap, somebody will use it.

Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5864109 08/05/15 01:30 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
The NRA is successful because they stick to only one agenda, gun rights. They don't care if you are a gay gun owner, pro choice (or pro life) gun owner, atheist gun owner, etc. They protect the Second Amendment rights of ALL gun owners. Proud Life Member.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5864210 08/05/15 02:32 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Increased security, metal detectors, fences, and bullet proof doors and glass can make miracles. That's my solution and not to punish us by taking away our guns. Hey it may seem extreme, but you have to react and not sit back and just point fingers at people. Its a simple solution that should of been in motion right after Columbine. The NRA is under rated in my book and have been covering our rears and I think them.

I support our right to bear arms.
But what you just described sounds more like a prison.
I like the NRA and I support them. But I don't want every place I go or where my kids go to look like a prison.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Fontline on PBS on tonight at 9 pm on about the NRA [Re: REALKILLER] #5866861 08/06/15 11:32 PM
K
Kawabuggy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I was fortunate enough to catch this show. It was quite obvious that the anti-gun crowd was behind this show. It was not meant to show the NRA in a favorable light. Instead, it was meant to show that the NRA was a group of bullies, bigoted, white-trash people that somehow keep managing to find a way to plant their foot squarely in the [censored] of any, and all, politicians who get in their way.

It put a smile on my face each time they tried to show that the NRA had "subverted intelligent legislation to stop the sale of guns". Granted, they peppered the show with atrocities that have happened. I don't need to mention the names-we all know what I'm talking about. In those moments, I was sad about the loss of human life, especially of the young ones. However, at no point was I dissuaded by this propaganda piece.

The three things I took away from watching that show; 1. I am proud to be an American. 2. The NRA has it right and they should never back down from ANYONE that attempts to push them around. 3. There is still hope for this country as the NRA has proven that with enough support, and money, WE-YOU & I-can bitch slap every corrupt, lieing, piece of [censored] politician in this country and force our wants/needs/desires down their f-ing throats just like the democrats have force fed us so much tripe up to this point. It makes me HAPPY to see the for-life-for-personal gains politicians NOT getting their way. I bet that is not something they are used to.

If for no other reason every one of us should send SOMETHING to the NRA. You don't have to join. You don't have to become a member. Just send them a few dollars. Hell, you can do it anonymously if you don't want to receive future requests to donate. Do this if for no other reason than knowing that the scum-sucking douche-bag politicians who are destroying this country got their azzez handed to them each & every time they have gone up against the NRA.

Other than the coverage of the negative events, this show made me realize that our country is not lost. There is still hope that the .gov is not all-powerful and that they can be beat if we all unite. I called and donated $ to the NRA after watching that show. You should too.

Now, if we could just form a similar group to sort out the disbursement of welfare benefits, unemployment, SS & medicaid, & the national debt we could get this country back on track.

A hog is nothing more than a bullet receptacle.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide