Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hunting Pictures and Social Media #5861921 08/04/15 12:51 AM
L
La Longue Carabine Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
We will post hunting pictures if we [censored] want to, and that is our right. Anti hunters are going [censored] crazy on social media lately with anyone who posts hunting pictures. Aside from blatant harassment and slander, they are invading privacy, making false reports of professional misconduct to their employers, and verbally attacking them at their homes and jobs. The latest social media "victim" is Sabrina Corgatelli, a woman who just posted pictures from her hunt in South Africa.

It is not ok for ignorant people to vilify someone and destroy their professional marketability simply because that person posted hunting pictures on social media. And I do emphasize "IGNORANT" because the vast majority of these people are completely unaware of how legal hunting is responsible for the majority of conservation. The proceeds from licenses and firearms/ammunition taxes go toward conservation. Coupled with the hunting organizations that donate money for habitat and wildlife, and lobby for wildlife protection, hunting is the single largest financial contributor to wildlife preservation. And hunting reserves in places like Africa provide one of the only economically functional ways to pay for management of vast areas of land (including fighting poachers).

This is the information people need to understand. And if we are to avoid the social consequences that these misinformed people are trying to impose on us, then we need to meet them head on. We need to be as outspoken about these facts as they are about their intolerable criticism of hunting. So post about it on social media. Debate with them with facts in an un-antagonistic way if you see someone else posting anti hunting stupidity. The following links are great resources for factual information regarding the important and positive effects from hunting for conservation. They would be great to use on facebook, twitter, and whatever else.

http://www.africanwildlifeconservati...gnificance.pdf

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ng-africa.html

http://www.fws.gov/hunting/whatdo.html

https://www.nssf.org/PDF/HunterFactCard.pdf

And if one of these idiots harasses you, please file a suite against them.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862279 08/04/15 05:35 AM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Clearly you all fail to realize the magnitude of this activity. This is precisely what is going to lead to oppression of hunting and loss of rights. Just between last week and today, it has already resulted in several policy changes in various companies which deny service to hunters, and international game transportation restrictions. Wake up!

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862512 08/04/15 01:47 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I think this was an excellent post and great information to have at hand. You should keep marking this post TTT everyday. Just because no responded doesn't mean they don't understand or care.

I do agree that is our right to post pictures but need to choose pictures that are respectful to animals so we don't have to ruffle feathers more and just to have class. Staying united behind organizations that support hunting and conservation is crucial to the preservation of the sport and the conservation of our wildlife.

I get upset seeing bickering amongst fellow hunters here on THF because when it comes down to it we are all pretty dang similar and have a common bond.

Don't let the anti-hunting propaganda get to you though there is still a lot of support. Just teach as many uneducated folks as you can.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862678 08/04/15 03:25 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Since 2002, I can only recall two times that I have ever had someone try to harass me that was against our hunting business and beliefs.

I agree with MoBettaHunt statement about posting pictures and supporting hunting and conservation organizations. I try to take a clean picture as I can because that's what I enjoy as a hunter. I have placed pictures on my desk at work here at the hospital(while I do my internship) and there are some that don't admire hunting but have told me they would rather see my clean pictures than ones that are bloody. Well, so would I and that's why I put them in a frame on my desk. It's no different at home. I don't keep my taxidermy mounts with blood and guts on them or make them look like they do. So why should my pictures be any different? The pictures to me are more important to me than the mounts I have done so I take more pride in the pictures I take today.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862695 08/04/15 03:35 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Well you have to remember who you are dealing with on THF...you know we the "illogical"...the. "ridiculous"... those who cannot see the "completely obvious" kinda of folks here in Texas. Remember we are all not doctors so we are not qualified to see the logical and obvious at times. Some of us are just sheep grazing and need time to understand true hard facts. We are slow to respond with logical thoughts since we just don't understand at times.....

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862761 08/04/15 04:24 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Completely agree about respecting the animal.
Still...I've always wanted that baboon on the toilet smoking a cigarette for my guest bathroom. Throw a party and leave the door unlocked.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862764 08/04/15 04:27 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: La Longue Carabine
Clearly you all fail to realize the magnitude of this activity. This is precisely what is going to lead to oppression of hunting and loss of rights. Just between last week and today, it has already resulted in several policy changes in various companies which deny service to hunters, and international game transportation restrictions. Wake up!

Of course we "fail to realize the magnitude of this activity". Why, I'm just an ignunt old bumkin, I don't know nuthin bout birthin no pictures... It'd probably take a Dr or something to know the rammifications of posting pics and not standing together as a united front against the growing hordes of anti-hunters. Sure glad we have you here to divine these technical issues for us.

You deserved that BTW. Mr, "I'm a Dr. so they should "kill all the deer in Medina Co and every deer on every ranch that went to or left that ranch, and anyone who disagrees is ignorant".

Personally, I like it when corporations make knee jerk decisions like Delta did. It helps me determine where I spend my dollars.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: therancher] #5862823 08/04/15 05:03 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: therancher

Personally, I like it when corporations make knee jerk decisions like Delta did. It helps me determine where I spend my dollars.

And Delta and AA had the best package I could find for that bear trip in BC. I didn't purchase the tickets yet. I will have to route it differently now.

Last edited by Curtis; 08/04/15 05:03 PM.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: Curtis] #5862836 08/04/15 05:11 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Curtis
Originally Posted By: therancher

And Delta and AA had the best package I could find for that bear trip in BC. I didn't purchase the tickets yet. I will have to route it differently now.

Yep. I think we ended up flying United.

I'm going to write a nice letter to Delta and AA today.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862852 08/04/15 05:19 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Always do my best to take clean pictures, because like someone above stated that's how I want them to look. Chances are pictures of me on social media are of me holding something I just shot or caught.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5862903 08/04/15 05:54 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I like to lay with them naked in my pictures. The whole nature in the wild thing with a knife in my teeth. that usually keeps the antis at bay.

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863027 08/04/15 07:23 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
United is doing the same thing.

I think the airlines got a call from one of Der Fuhrer's minions in Washington.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: Creekrunner] #5863082 08/04/15 08:02 PM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

American Airlines, Delta, and United all refuse to transport hunting trophies now.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863093 08/04/15 08:11 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

American Airlines, Delta, and United all refuse to transport hunting trophies now.

cowards

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863104 08/04/15 08:18 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Great so they refuse to transport trophies and instead of having them mounted people take really good photos and leave them to rot... problem solved roflmao

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: stxranchman] #5863109 08/04/15 08:20 PM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Well you have to remember who you are dealing with on THF...you know we the "illogical"...the. "ridiculous"... those who cannot see the "completely obvious" kinda of folks here in Texas. Remember we are all not doctors so we are not qualified to see the logical and obvious at times. Some of us are just sheep grazing and need time to understand true hard facts. We are slow to respond with logical thoughts since we just don't understand at times.....

Or just a few people who feel victimized because someone disagreed with them for pushing inaccurate facts on other posters.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863125 08/04/15 08:26 PM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
If any of you haven't seen the tirades of death threats, harassment, and slander being sent towards big game hunters literally every minute, check out this profile:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrina-Corgatelli/970549649631494?fref=nf

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863136 08/04/15 08:32 PM
C
Chunky Dunk Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I have personally never had death threats for hunting pictures posted. But it would be pretty funny for them to call my employer about it, he is a bigger hunter than I am, and not known for his PC skills LOL.

"I cant stand rudeness in a man, I wont tolerate it"

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863367 08/04/15 10:39 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Or just a few people who feel victimized because someone disagreed with them for pushing inaccurate facts on other posters.

You mean like the inaccurate facts you used to support killing all the deer at the ranch in Medina county?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 08/04/15 10:40 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5863396 08/04/15 11:03 PM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

You mean like the inaccurate facts you used to support killing all the deer at the ranch in Medina county?

No. Unlike the facts I used which were well supported by science, and that are preventing the further spread of CWD in Texas.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863469 08/04/15 11:59 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Going to be really interesting when hunting money no longer flows into those economies. I have a feeling the tone of all this will change when money isn't coming in.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: krmitchell] #5863541 08/05/15 12:47 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Going to be really interesting when hunting money no longer flows into those economies. I have a feeling the tone of all this will change when money isn't coming in.

Well, the powers that be in Zimbabwe aren't what you'd call real quick to connect the dots. But, so far just some airlines have said they'll stop shipping trophies. That doesn't mean trophies can't get here. It doesn't mean hunters won't go. And the American greenies are so incredibly arrogant that they think that some outraged facebook and twitter comments will control the actions of the government of a foreign, sovereign nation. So maybe it will quiet down after they think they've accomplished something. It's the USFWS's attitude going forward, which is very subject to political whims, that can make or break the situation. Think wolf reintroduction programs.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863545 08/05/15 12:49 AM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
I thought they stopped permitting for lions and cheetahs? Just the bad press for people going will drive some away.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863557 08/05/15 12:55 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Cheetahs can still be hunted in Namibia and maybe South Africa. Lions are hunted in several countries. Just part of the general misconception that's been around for 30 years that lions and elephants are "endangered".

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863711 08/05/15 02:04 AM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Oh I knew it was legal to hunt them, I thought I read Zimbabwe stopped issuing permits after this incident.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide